For those at the game, how was it?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Especially interested in what our non-US Hawks fans experienced.
Walking into the stadium, the atmosphere, pre-funking, etc etc etc.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
chris98251":27wn65c3 said:
Potatos all around from what Reed was saying :p
It was scary how many hawk fans were there. To put it in perspective they stopped showing the raider hype stuff on the screens. If i was a raider fan id be embarrassed.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
My overriding memory is of number 49 sending the "road" fans wild after racing down after numerous touchbacks.

soxhawk

Reaction score
Pretty cool atmosphere. Stadium is amazing. Super clean and organized. Nothing like it in the States. Plus for how big it is... Felt cozy. What's up with the bud products though?

TreeRon

Reaction score
About 10 years ago me and 3 of my sons went to London, York and on to Edinburgh . Walking into the traditional "English pub" I too was shocked to see american beer on tap. You can get Budweiser in France as well.
BTW, Heineken on tap is a far better beer in Europe than in the US, another pleasant surprise.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
You can get Bud in some New Zealand pubs, but it's an "import" selection. To put it in perpsective, you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a fantastic microbrew offering in New Zealand, and in many cases the tap offerings from the big brands are plenty good enough themselves. Why someone would order a Bud is beyond me. We refer to such beers as "sex in a canoe".

OpHawk

Reaction score
Anheuser-Busch was acquired by InBev in 2008 and is now based out of Belgium. They operate 16 plants in western Europe. It's no surprise Budweiser should be available all over the place in those parts.

London12

Reaction score
Yeah that was pretty fun and definitely a Hawks crowd through and through. The Hawks fans over from the States were a pleasure too

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":x3hb2s9i said:
You can get Bud in some New Zealand pubs, but it's an "import" selection. To put it in perpsective, you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a fantastic microbrew offering in New Zealand, and in many cases the tap offerings from the big brands are plenty good enough themselves. Why someone would order a Bud is beyond me. We refer to such beers as "sex in a canoe".

For the same reason We in the states, drink the crappy imports from other countries that aren't a favorite in their county of origin. When I was in Corsica, one of the most expensive bottles behind the bar was Jack Daniels. It's easy to fool people into thinking it's the best option from an overseas country and the novelty effect can't be ignored.

Latest posts