Down side of the win

chris98251

Reaction score
Highest attendance ever for a NFL game and they were supporting the Seahawks mostly.

What does the NFL do with numbers like this.

Send us back more frequently. Chances of them taking away a home game go up as well.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Ya... not a fan of that but, maybe I can make it to a game there.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
chris98251":2lsa7bpd said:
Highest attendance ever for a NFL game and they were supporting the Seahawks mostly.

Send us back more frequently. Chances of them taking away a home game go up as well.

I doubt they would ever agree to lose a home date. It seems that teams like Jacksonville or the Raiders are prime candidates for home games overseas because of lack of support at home.

Didn't the Raiders also play a home date in Mexico last year?

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":2fygzcn6 said:
chris98251":2fygzcn6 said:

I doubt they would ever agree to lose a home date. It seems that teams like Jacksonville or the Raiders are prime candidates for home games overseas because of lack of support at home.

You don't get to choose if you go or not and someone has to give up a home date. We don't get to pick our start times either. We are a member of the NFL, the Shield gets what they want and if marketing states we get more fans in the stands and more exposure and probably advertisemnent revenue you go there. They may compensate you in some way but they want a Franchise there eventually, in fact Jacksonville is talking about making that their Home Field, how they can do that I wonder about.

sdog1981

Reaction score
The 12’s were their own worst enemy today. We should have pushed for a boycott lol

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
chris98251":29sbv9p5 said:
Hockey Guy":29sbv9p5 said:
chris98251":29sbv9p5 said:

You don't get to choose if you go or not and someone has to give up a home date. We don't get to pick our start times either. We are a member of the NFL, the Shield gets what they want and if marketing states we get more fans in the stands and more exposure and probably advertisemnent revenue you go there. They may compensate you in some way but they want a Franchise there eventually, in fact Jacksonville is talking about making that their Home Field, how they can do that I wonder about.

I still think that when we go back(no doubt we return a few years down the line) we'll be the road team again just because somebody like Jacksonville would want a home date out of it. Home or away would have little to no effect on the 12's travelling IMO.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":3jcpaynm said:
Ya... not a fan of that but, maybe I can make it to a game there.

Ditto, that would be my plan as well.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":2eiluidv said:
chris98251":2eiluidv said:
Hockey Guy":2eiluidv said:
chris98251":2eiluidv said:

I still think that when we go back(no doubt we return a few years down the line) we'll be the road team again just because somebody like Jacksonville would want a home date out of it. Home or away would have little to no effect on the 12's travelling IMO.

He’s not worried about fans traveling. He’s worried about us losing a home game. Meaning 7 home games and 9 roads games (as the London game is in fact a road game for both teams)

xray

Reaction score
Or you gonna get together and braid what's left of each others hair?? The Hawks kicked azz...you got a problem with that??

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Steve2222":1phm0gi5 said:
Hockey Guy":1phm0gi5 said:
chris98251":1phm0gi5 said:
Hockey Guy":1phm0gi5 said:

He’s not worried about fans traveling. He’s worried about us losing a home game. Meaning 7 home games and 9 roads games (as the London game is in fact a road game for both teams)

Pretty sure I'm not stupid. I understand exactly what he's saying & I think I addressed the fear of losing a Seattle home game by stating I think other teams that don't get the fan support like jax, oak, buf, etc. would step up to take a London game as a home game.

He also stated about "the Shield" wanting butts in the stands & I thought I made a decent point that the 12's travel well so there's really no difference in attendance whether we're the home or away team so why not just let teams like Jacksonville be the home team since they probably want to be.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
No downside, it was an awesome W.

The league will always chase the money, however Seahawks fans travel well.

With Jax owner Khan buying the stadium you know the thin edge of the wedge is already in place, some team will get an amazing home field advantage, but will be weary road warriors.

Today was an away game for the team in home field crowd conditions.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
What would happen if they play in Tottenham? A lot less seating. That is why I decided to not worry about making the trip as the prices would probably out of my range.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":1idrsopx said:
Steve2222":1idrsopx said:
Hockey Guy":1idrsopx said:
chris98251":1idrsopx said:

Pretty sure I'm not stupid. I understand exactly what he's saying & I think I addressed the fear of losing a Seattle home game by stating I think other teams that don't get the fan support like jax, oak, buf, etc. would step up to take a London game as a home game.

He also stated about "the Shield" wanting butts in the stands & I thought I made a decent point that the 12's travel well so there's really no difference in attendance whether we're the home or away team so why not just let teams like Jacksonville be the home team since they probably want to be.

You worded your post terrible then.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
jammerhawk":e5lld9l8 said:
No downside, it was an awesome W.

The league will always chase the money, however Seahawks fans travel well.

With Jax owner Khan buying the stadium you know the thin edge of the wedge is already in place, some team will get an amazing home field advantage, but will be weary road warriors.

Today was an away game for the team in home field crowd conditions.

So your saying going to London in the middle of a playoff run against lets say the Cheifs or the Patriots is a good thing when we could have them at Home instead.

getnasty

Reaction score
I'm so over games in London, has there ever been a competitive one? If a NFL owner wants to move his team over there then fine but quit making everyone else have to go through it.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
getnasty":8s50dca3 said:
I'm so over games in London, has there ever been a competitive one?

All four last year were lopsided

All three 2016 games were competitive; one even ended in a tie.

Before 2016 there was typically a competitive game per year (2013-2015) and a lot of the previous years (where there was only one game) was competitive.

AgentDib

Reaction score
No reason to worry, folks. The NFL does factor in the miles that teams travel and we always travel the most by a huge margin. Our game there today was an advantage for us (road game vs. fellow west coast team losing their home game).

Latest posts