Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Down side of the win

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Down side of the win
Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:11 pm
  • Highest attendance ever for a NFL game and they were supporting the Seahawks mostly.

What does the NFL do with numbers like this.

Send us back more frequently. Chances of them taking away a home game go up as well.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Re: Down side of the win
Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:13 pm
  • Ya... not a fan of that but, maybe I can make it to a game there.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *

Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:17 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Highest attendance ever for a NFL game and they were supporting the Seahawks mostly.

Send us back more frequently. Chances of them taking away a home game go up as well.

I doubt they would ever agree to lose a home date. It seems that teams like Jacksonville or the Raiders are prime candidates for home games overseas because of lack of support at home.

Didn't the Raiders also play a home date in Mexico last year?
    Hockey Guy
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:21 pm
  • Hockey Guy wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Highest attendance ever for a NFL game and they were supporting the Seahawks mostly.

I doubt they would ever agree to lose a home date. It seems that teams like Jacksonville or the Raiders are prime candidates for home games overseas because of lack of support at home.

You don't get to choose if you go or not and someone has to give up a home date. We don't get to pick our start times either. We are a member of the NFL, the Shield gets what they want and if marketing states we get more fans in the stands and more exposure and probably advertisemnent revenue you go there. They may compensate you in some way but they want a Franchise there eventually, in fact Jacksonville is talking about making that their Home Field, how they can do that I wonder about.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:24 pm
  • The 12’s were their own worst enemy today. We should have pushed for a boycott lol
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:33 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Hockey Guy wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Highest attendance ever for a NFL game and they were supporting the Seahawks mostly.

You don't get to choose if you go or not and someone has to give up a home date. We don't get to pick our start times either. We are a member of the NFL, the Shield gets what they want and if marketing states we get more fans in the stands and more exposure and probably advertisemnent revenue you go there. They may compensate you in some way but they want a Franchise there eventually, in fact Jacksonville is talking about making that their Home Field, how they can do that I wonder about.

I still think that when we go back(no doubt we return a few years down the line) we'll be the road team again just because somebody like Jacksonville would want a home date out of it. Home or away would have little to no effect on the 12's travelling IMO.
    Hockey Guy
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:57 pm
  • Jazzhawk wrote:Ya... not a fan of that but, maybe I can make it to a game there.

Ditto, that would be my plan as well.
    TreeRon
    NET Starter

Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:59 pm
  • Hockey Guy wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    Hockey Guy wrote:

I still think that when we go back(no doubt we return a few years down the line) we'll be the road team again just because somebody like Jacksonville would want a home date out of it. Home or away would have little to no effect on the 12's travelling IMO.

He’s not worried about fans traveling. He’s worried about us losing a home game. Meaning 7 home games and 9 roads games (as the London game is in fact a road game for both teams)
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:50 pm
  • Or you gonna get together and braid what's left of each others hair?? The Hawks kicked azz...you got a problem with that??
    xray
    NET Starter

Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:03 pm
  • Steve2222 wrote:
    Hockey Guy wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    Hockey Guy wrote:

He’s not worried about fans traveling. He’s worried about us losing a home game. Meaning 7 home games and 9 roads games (as the London game is in fact a road game for both teams)

Pretty sure I'm not stupid. I understand exactly what he's saying & I think I addressed the fear of losing a Seattle home game by stating I think other teams that don't get the fan support like jax, oak, buf, etc. would step up to take a London game as a home game.

He also stated about "the Shield" wanting butts in the stands & I thought I made a decent point that the 12's travel well so there's really no difference in attendance whether we're the home or away team so why not just let teams like Jacksonville be the home team since they probably want to be.
    Hockey Guy
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:39 pm
  • No downside, it was an awesome W.

The league will always chase the money, however Seahawks fans travel well.

With Jax owner Khan buying the stadium you know the thin edge of the wedge is already in place, some team will get an amazing home field advantage, but will be weary road warriors.

Today was an away game for the team in home field crowd conditions.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:53 pm
  • What would happen if they play in Tottenham? A lot less seating. That is why I decided to not worry about making the trip as the prices would probably out of my range.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:59 pm
  • Hockey Guy wrote:
    Steve2222 wrote:
    Hockey Guy wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:

Pretty sure I'm not stupid. I understand exactly what he's saying & I think I addressed the fear of losing a Seattle home game by stating I think other teams that don't get the fan support like jax, oak, buf, etc. would step up to take a London game as a home game.

He also stated about "the Shield" wanting butts in the stands & I thought I made a decent point that the 12's travel well so there's really no difference in attendance whether we're the home or away team so why not just let teams like Jacksonville be the home team since they probably want to be.

You worded your post terrible then.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:52 pm
  • jammerhawk wrote:No downside, it was an awesome W.

The league will always chase the money, however Seahawks fans travel well.

With Jax owner Khan buying the stadium you know the thin edge of the wedge is already in place, some team will get an amazing home field advantage, but will be weary road warriors.

Today was an away game for the team in home field crowd conditions.

So your saying going to London in the middle of a playoff run against lets say the Cheifs or the Patriots is a good thing when we could have them at Home instead.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:56 pm
  • I'm so over games in London, has there ever been a competitive one? If a NFL owner wants to move his team over there then fine but quit making everyone else have to go through it.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:01 pm
  • getnasty wrote:I'm so over games in London, has there ever been a competitive one?

All four last year were lopsided

All three 2016 games were competitive; one even ended in a tie.

Before 2016 there was typically a competitive game per year (2013-2015) and a lot of the previous years (where there was only one game) was competitive.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:02 pm
  • No reason to worry, folks. The NFL does factor in the miles that teams travel and we always travel the most by a huge margin. Our game there today was an advantage for us (road game vs. fellow west coast team losing their home game).
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:09 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information