That was amazing.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Fun game!

Oakland is horrible of course but we'll take it.

Offense continues to look better and better.

Russ played solid. Seems he's starting to click with the new offensive scheme.

Apologies for my earlier doubts in that regard. Not saying it'll ever lead us to the promise land but it's undeniably better than just a few weeks ago.

toffee

Reaction score
Being able to destroy weaker teams is trade mark for good teams. I am happy that we didn't play down to their level.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Many here were convinced/worried that the Hawks were a terrible team.

Now some are downplaying a thrashing because the opponent was "terrible"?

Shouldn't be seeing any of that nonsense honestly. That we came out and destroyed a fellow NFL team when many here were convinced we were the 27th or 28th best team in the league is absurd. We just went toe to toe with the best team in the NFL and now absolutely embarrassed Oakland. Should be nothing but optimism here, not unnecessary asterisks in my opinion.

Edit to add: Not calling out anybody in this thread necessarily. I have just seen that comment thrown about in various threads this afternoon. :)

OP
OP
UK_Seahawk

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Im home now so feel i can comment properly. Im a nervous viewer atbthe best of times but that was so easy and workmanlike it was hard to get concerned. We dominated in all 3 phases and the refs did their best to keep it close but i never felt the result was in danger.

Frank Clark was amazing and although i was looking foward to seeing Wagner it was Mingo who caught the eye.

The Seahawk fans from all over the world showed up and it was a fantastic day.

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
My first post was meant for another thread sorry, if I didn’t have a trip to Paris already booked, I definitely would of went to this

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
I kinda wish I could've been there for the game but in a way am happy to have stayed home since there was no way I could've done an Arsenal game too without staying for over a week. Also would've liked to have taken in the new Tottenham stadium but it wasn't meant to be.

olyfan63

Reaction score
toffee":15ht3izw said:
Being able to destroy weaker teams is trade mark for good teams. I am happy that we didn't play down to their level.

Nailed it. We elevated our game to face the Rams and I was afraid we would play down against a team that is not at the Rams level in Oakland.

You're a couple weeks behind on song lyrics now, you know. Unless I missed your posts. "Toffee's Opponent Song Of The Week"; I think it should be a regular thread. No pressure. OK, tons of pressure.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2dm87zec said:
Im home now so feel i can comment properly. Im a nervous viewer atbthe best of times but that was so easy and workmanlike it was hard to get concerned. We dominated in all 3 phases and the refs did their best to keep it close but i never felt the result was in danger.

Frank Clark was amazing and although i was looking foward to seeing Wagner it was Mingo who caught the eye.

The Seahawk fans from all over the world showed up and it was a fantastic day.
Sounds like an awesome experience. Glad our Hawk brothers and sisters from overseas got a chance to see our team in person and watch a dominating performance. :2thumbs:

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
chris98251":11xd7345 said:
The key is we didn't play DOWN to our opponent for a change.

This a million %. I'm liking what I'm seeing so far, but i'll need more of course before I throw all my chips in.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
So good to see the offense continue to click-we're averaging 25.5 points our last 4 games. Very encouraging.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Do you all realize that we put up more points against Denver than the offense-powered Rams just did?

I know, I know, different weeks and different teams, and yes, we've lost to both of those teams. But we're playing well right now.

TwilightError

Reaction score
This was my first Seahawks game at the Stadium and it couldnt have been any better! Unless it had been at Seattle obviously. Complete dominance, great Seahawk-crowd and I even got to see my favorite player ever, Marshawn Lynch, as a bonus.

I agree with UK_seahawk about Mingo. I tried to focus my eyes on Wagner while the D was out but Mingo seemed to be everywhere. I guess they were trying to target Mingo. Not much luck there. To me the one best aspect of this game was the defense finally getting it together. What a show! I even caught a t-shirt the Raiders cheerleaders cannoned at the crowd :D

Mad Dog

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":38ja7jyk said:
chris98251":38ja7jyk said:

This a million %. I'm liking what I'm seeing so far, but i'll need more of course before I throw all my chips in.

Wow, high praise indeed.

Lets hope this is a stepping stone victory rather than a blip in a roller coaster season. But time will tell. Glad your on the bus. One foot is out the door but your there nonetheless.

Donn2390

Reaction score
chris98251":kiyn9tsl said:
I believe the reason we didn't play down to our opponent after the Rams is because the ego inflated stars of yesterday are gone and we now have fresh, hungry talent who won't be relaxing and letting up so easily after a tough game... They are still proving themselves and there will be no let up and living on their laurels..
That is whey they are here and the bored, stale guys are playing elsewhere..

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Donn2390":2vazeplu said:
chris98251":2vazeplu said:
I believe the reason we didn't play down to our opponent after the Rams is because the ego inflated stars of yesterday are gone and we now have fresh, hungry talent who won't be relaxing and letting up so easily after a tough game... They are still proving themselves and there will be no let up and living on their laurels..

...and excelling.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF_49ers/status/1041838302054113281[/tweet]

Earl Thomas was still great, as you know.

Michael Bennett had eight sacks in 2017.

Nobody was criticizing the play of either Kam or Avril before they went down with injury.

The whole "they were fat and entitled" narrative is made-up, unprovable, and contradicted by the facts. We should stick to more falsifiable stuff, like Tom Cable undermining our OL for years, or Blair Walsh missing kicks right and left.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":11yli29j said:
So good to see the offense continue to click-we're averaging 25.5 points our last 4 games. Very encouraging.

Very true - much improved. Not dominating by any means but not cellar-dwelling which is what we had been...

Donn2390

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2c2u09vh said:
Donn2390":2c2u09vh said:
chris98251":2c2u09vh said:

...and excelling.

Nobody was criticizing the play of either Kam or Avril before they went down with injury.

The whole "they were fat and entitled" narrative is made-up, unprovable, and contradicted by the facts. We should stick to more falsifiable stuff, like Tom Cable undermining our OL for years, or Blair Walsh missing kicks right and left.
You have your theory, I have mine. I'll stick with mine....

toffee

Reaction score
Donn2390":del6dnox said:
MontanaHawk05":del6dnox said:
Donn2390":del6dnox said:
chris98251":del6dnox said:

...and excelling.

You have your theory, I have mine. I'll stick with mine....
this!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts