Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

That was amazing.

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
That was amazing.
Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:54 pm
  • A seahawks road game at home.
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Re: That was amazing.
Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:56 pm
  • Fun game!

Oakland is horrible of course but we'll take it.

Offense continues to look better and better.

Russ played solid. Seems he's starting to click with the new offensive scheme.

Apologies for my earlier doubts in that regard. Not saying it'll ever lead us to the promise land but it's undeniably better than just a few weeks ago.
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:58 pm
  • Being able to destroy weaker teams is trade mark for good teams. I am happy that we didn't play down to their level.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:04 pm
  • The key is we didn't play DOWN to our opponent for a change.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:06 pm
  • Many here were convinced/worried that the Hawks were a terrible team.

Now some are downplaying a thrashing because the opponent was "terrible"?

Shouldn't be seeing any of that nonsense honestly. That we came out and destroyed a fellow NFL team when many here were convinced we were the 27th or 28th best team in the league is absurd. We just went toe to toe with the best team in the NFL and now absolutely embarrassed Oakland. Should be nothing but optimism here, not unnecessary asterisks in my opinion.

Edit to add: Not calling out anybody in this thread necessarily. I have just seen that comment thrown about in various threads this afternoon. :)
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:37 pm
  • Im home now so feel i can comment properly. Im a nervous viewer atbthe best of times but that was so easy and workmanlike it was hard to get concerned. We dominated in all 3 phases and the refs did their best to keep it close but i never felt the result was in danger.

Frank Clark was amazing and although i was looking foward to seeing Wagner it was Mingo who caught the eye.

The Seahawk fans from all over the world showed up and it was a fantastic day.
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:46 pm
  • My first post was meant for another thread sorry, if I didn’t have a trip to Paris already booked, I definitely would of went to this
    Last edited by hawksincebirth on Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    World champs sb48

Aros wrote:

Wait, MizzouHawkGal is a DUDE??
    hawksincebirth
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:47 pm
  • I kinda wish I could've been there for the game but in a way am happy to have stayed home since there was no way I could've done an Arsenal game too without staying for over a week. Also would've liked to have taken in the new Tottenham stadium but it wasn't meant to be.
    Hockey Guy
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:09 pm
  • toffee wrote:Being able to destroy weaker teams is trade mark for good teams. I am happy that we didn't play down to their level.

Nailed it. We elevated our game to face the Rams and I was afraid we would play down against a team that is not at the Rams level in Oakland.

You're a couple weeks behind on song lyrics now, you know. Unless I missed your posts. "Toffee's Opponent Song Of The Week"; I think it should be a regular thread. No pressure. OK, tons of pressure.
    2018 Adopt-A-Rookie: Rashaad Penny
    2018 BounceBack Bet: C.J. Prosise
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:12 pm
  • UK_Seahawk wrote:Im home now so feel i can comment properly. Im a nervous viewer atbthe best of times but that was so easy and workmanlike it was hard to get concerned. We dominated in all 3 phases and the refs did their best to keep it close but i never felt the result was in danger.

Frank Clark was amazing and although i was looking foward to seeing Wagner it was Mingo who caught the eye.

The Seahawk fans from all over the world showed up and it was a fantastic day.

Sounds like an awesome experience. Glad our Hawk brothers and sisters from overseas got a chance to see our team in person and watch a dominating performance. :2thumbs:
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:41 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:The key is we didn't play DOWN to our opponent for a change.

This a million %. I'm liking what I'm seeing so far, but i'll need more of course before I throw all my chips in.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:45 pm
  • So good to see the offense continue to click-we're averaging 25.5 points our last 4 games. Very encouraging.
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:05 pm
  • Do you all realize that we put up more points against Denver than the offense-powered Rams just did?

I know, I know, different weeks and different teams, and yes, we've lost to both of those teams. But we're playing well right now.
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:32 am
  • This was my first Seahawks game at the Stadium and it couldnt have been any better! Unless it had been at Seattle obviously. Complete dominance, great Seahawk-crowd and I even got to see my favorite player ever, Marshawn Lynch, as a bonus.

I agree with UK_seahawk about Mingo. I tried to focus my eyes on Wagner while the D was out but Mingo seemed to be everywhere. I guess they were trying to target Mingo. Not much luck there. To me the one best aspect of this game was the defense finally getting it together. What a show! I even caught a t-shirt the Raiders cheerleaders cannoned at the crowd :D
    TwilightError
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:18 am
  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:The key is we didn't play DOWN to our opponent for a change.

This a million %. I'm liking what I'm seeing so far, but i'll need more of course before I throw all my chips in.

Wow, high praise indeed.

Lets hope this is a stepping stone victory rather than a blip in a roller coaster season. But time will tell. Glad your on the bus. One foot is out the door but your there nonetheless.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:27 am
  • chris98251 wrote:The key is we didn't play DOWN to our opponent for a change.

I believe the reason we didn't play down to our opponent after the Rams is because the ego inflated stars of yesterday are gone and we now have fresh, hungry talent who won't be relaxing and letting up so easily after a tough game... They are still proving themselves and there will be no let up and living on their laurels..
    That is whey they are here and the bored, stale guys are playing elsewhere..
    Donn2390
    NET Starter

Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:30 am
  • Donn2390 wrote:

I believe the reason we didn't play down to our opponent after the Rams is because the ego inflated stars of yesterday are gone and we now have fresh, hungry talent who won't be relaxing and letting up so easily after a tough game... They are still proving themselves and there will be no let up and living on their laurels..

...and excelling.

Earl Thomas was still great, as you know.

Michael Bennett had eight sacks in 2017.

Nobody was criticizing the play of either Kam or Avril before they went down with injury.

The whole "they were fat and entitled" narrative is made-up, unprovable, and contradicted by the facts. We should stick to more falsifiable stuff, like Tom Cable undermining our OL for years, or Blair Walsh missing kicks right and left.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:50 am
  • West TX Hawk wrote:So good to see the offense continue to click-we're averaging 25.5 points our last 4 games. Very encouraging.

Very true - much improved. Not dominating by any means but not cellar-dwelling which is what we had been...
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:59 am
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Donn2390 wrote:

...and excelling.

Nobody was criticizing the play of either Kam or Avril before they went down with injury.

The whole "they were fat and entitled" narrative is made-up, unprovable, and contradicted by the facts. We should stick to more falsifiable stuff, like Tom Cable undermining our OL for years, or Blair Walsh missing kicks right and left.

You have your theory, I have mine. I'll stick with mine....
    Donn2390
    NET Starter

Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:30 pm
  • Donn2390 wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Donn2390 wrote:

...and excelling.

You have your theory, I have mine. I'll stick with mine....
    this!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:39 pm
  • Yeah. Some good posts here. I wasn't sure what the heck I was going to witness, but they stepped up nicely. I like the playcalling and many individual performances. Once in a while we need to roll through a game to keep me from going nuts with all the nailbiters. I'm glad to see we can get it done without relying too much on Russell's legs.
    capncrunch
    NET Starter

Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:57 pm
  • There were doubts if Sherman could come back and play well, so far he has, Earl was playing like Monster and Bennett is playing well also. They were not a liability on the field of play.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:25 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:There were doubts if Sherman could come back and play well, so far he has, Earl was playing like Monster and Bennett is playing well also. They were not a liability on the field of play.

Agreed.

I'm glad they are still enjoying success. Obviously for our team, we had to make changes. Not merely to give room for the next installations to grow and play. But also for the next group of core players to build their own brand.

Will always love Sherm/Bennett and if Thomas leaves then Earl too. Their force of personalities simply eclipsed everyone else on the team from ascending to similar heights. That's not on them. But it's merely a reality. For this team to reload, they have to create their own image. Something that was not possible with the kind of brilliant stars we had.

Wish them nothing but the best.
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:30 am
  • They did what they were supposed to do against a bad team. But I was even more impressed w/how they played against the Rams. That team was worried, and you could see it. Hawks were not intimidated one bit.
    What a great week out there, and that stadium was amazing. So well organized too.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:20 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:They did what they were supposed to do against a bad team. But I was even more impressed w/how they played against the Rams. That team was worried, and you could see it. Hawks were not intimidated one bit.
    What a great week out there, and that stadium was amazing. So well organized too.

+1.
    I too actually learned more and believed more after the Rams loss than the Raiders win. The Raiders win was obviously more fun to see though. :irishdrinkers:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:27 am
  • That’s what she said!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:49 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information