About the Non-Fumble...

nIdahoSeahawk

Reaction score
When Roberts fumbled that ball in the 4th, it looked pretty obvious to me. Especially the slo-mo replay they did before the commercial. I turned to my wife and said that Pete should challenge that for a quick, easy overturn. Even went back and played that in slower motion... His knee was nowhere near the ground when he lost control of the ball, and further, wasn't quite yet to the ground when the ball was no longer in any contact at all with his hand.

Good win, and didn't impact much, but that call was and review was atrocious! Can you imagine the backlash had that call had effected the outcome of the game?

rcaido

Reaction score
No backlash because most opposing fans thinks we get all the calls.

OP
OP
N

nIdahoSeahawk

Reaction score
rcaido":2wnuaubr said:
No backlash because most opposing fans thinks we get all the calls.
To clarify, I meant in regards to this forum more than anything. On a national level, no amount of 12 backlash is really noticed, unfortunately.

chris98251

Reaction score
That was a challenge he should have won and it was a good challenge. Didn't impact the game outcome but in a nail biter we would have been through the roof about the Officials and he may have been also.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Just a terrible non-overturn there.

Have no idea what the ref could've possibly been looking at on that monitor. I'm assuming an old Benny Hill re-run.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
chris98251":2ow27o60 said:
That was a challenge he should have won and it was a good challenge. Didn't impact the game outcome but in a nail biter we would have been through the roof about the Officials and he may have been also.
Even the ref on fox (can't remember his name right now) was confused, and usually they always side with their boys.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2zxhck95 said:
chris98251":2zxhck95 said:
Even the ref on fox (can't remember his name right now) was confused, and usually they always side with their boys.

Blandino.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
The only rational explanation is an attempt to keep the game closer on the scoreboard.

It wasn't even really that close. Clearly a fumble.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
There is no reasonable explanation period. I would love to be in the room for an explanation with the replay official that made that call. I’d want a huge bowl of buttered popcorn because the excuses/explanation would be highly entertaining.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":2prvyvm7 said:

Have no idea what the ref could've possibly been looking at on that monitor. I'm assuming an old Benny Hill re-run.

Old Classic Tom and Jerry. Simple 20 seconds of laughter...then back to the game.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":182ad0rr said:
Hockey Guy":182ad0rr said:

Old Classic Tom and Jerry. Simple 20 seconds of laughter...then back to the game.

I picked Benny because they were in England but it very possibly could've been cartoons.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1mxfkuo6 said:
There is no reasonable explanation period. I would love to be in the room for an explanation with the replay official that made that call. I’d want a huge bowl of buttered popcorn because the excuses/explanation would be highly entertaining.

Exactly. There's no rational excuse or explanation that can explain how that wasnt a fumble.

The fact that the league continues to blow calls on reviews is suspicious

OP
OP
N

nIdahoSeahawk

Reaction score
Even more more suspicious: That extremely clear, close-up shot that we were shown before the challenge/commercial break wasn't once shown to us at home during the review. They insisted on only sharing zoomed-out angles. Kind of suggests "we're going to call it this way, and don't want fans to see that it's the wrong call."

olyfan63

Reaction score
Hasn't been a more clear-cut fumble in a long time. I thought perhaps they'd call it incomplete, but I guess that was last season.

I concluded the refs were trying to keep the game within 3 scores. They musta felt the game was totally out of hand and that Carroll was just being greedy, and the Raiders needed a break. Sort of like the Sounders last game when there should have been more extra time but up by 3 goals, the ref didn't add any more extra time in the interest of everyone getting home sooner.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
I know that some here don't like to hear about conspiracy theories/rigged outcomes, etc. but I am struggling to come up with any other explanation for that call.

Surely it can't be incompetence. My 7 year old son who is just beginning to pick up football knowledge-saw clearly that it was a fumble.

So if a 7 year old can diagnose correctly that it was a fumble, and therefore we can rule out incompetence, what is left?

rcaido

Reaction score
Blandino and the other incompetent announcer agree too.

Even Gruden had the look it was fumble.

They better have a nice make up one next game.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
This is why I'm losing interest in the NFL.

It's pretty obvious to me that the NFL is creating its own parity. Better teams have to essentially play up hill.

There is only one possible reason for that not getting overturned and it is because the NFL uses officiating as a means to make teams look more equal. A shut out equals bad publicity.

I switched over to the end of the Pittsburgh/Bengals game and it was obvious there also. The Bengals are 4-1 and Pit is 2-2-1. If the Bengals win the game it doesn't bode well for parity. So Pits final drive on a failed 3rd down (down by one) an extremely weak DB holding call comes out and extends the drive. Two plays later Pit runs a play that is broken open by one of the most blatant receiver pick/screen's I've ever seen. It goes for a TD and no call. Keep in mind it was 100% the pick that set up the score.

It makes it unwatchable some times and I really don't have near the interest I use to. I rarely ever watch games the Seahawks aren't playing in anymore. It's also reflected in how often I post anymore.

Latest posts