Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

About the Non-Fumble...

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
About the Non-Fumble...
Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:40 pm
  • When Roberts fumbled that ball in the 4th, it looked pretty obvious to me. Especially the slo-mo replay they did before the commercial. I turned to my wife and said that Pete should challenge that for a quick, easy overturn. Even went back and played that in slower motion... His knee was nowhere near the ground when he lost control of the ball, and further, wasn't quite yet to the ground when the ball was no longer in any contact at all with his hand.

Good win, and didn't impact much, but that call was and review was atrocious! Can you imagine the backlash had that call had effected the outcome of the game?
    nIdahoSeahawk
    NET Starter

Re: About the Non-Fumble...
Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:41 pm
  • No backlash because most opposing fans thinks we get all the calls.
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:44 pm
  • rcaido wrote:No backlash because most opposing fans thinks we get all the calls.

To clarify, I meant in regards to this forum more than anything. On a national level, no amount of 12 backlash is really noticed, unfortunately.
    nIdahoSeahawk
    NET Starter

Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:49 pm
  • That was a challenge he should have won and it was a good challenge. Didn't impact the game outcome but in a nail biter we would have been through the roof about the Officials and he may have been also.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:53 pm
  • Just a terrible non-overturn there.

Have no idea what the ref could've possibly been looking at on that monitor. I'm assuming an old Benny Hill re-run.
    Hockey Guy
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:54 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:That was a challenge he should have won and it was a good challenge. Didn't impact the game outcome but in a nail biter we would have been through the roof about the Officials and he may have been also.

Even the ref on fox (can't remember his name right now) was confused, and usually they always side with their boys.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:56 pm
  • Spin Doctor wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:That was a challenge he should have won and it was a good challenge. Didn't impact the game outcome but in a nail biter we would have been through the roof about the Officials and he may have been also.

Even the ref on fox (can't remember his name right now) was confused, and usually they always side with their boys.

Blandino.
    Hockey Guy
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:10 pm
  • The only rational explanation is an attempt to keep the game closer on the scoreboard.

It wasn't even really that close. Clearly a fumble.
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:23 pm
  • There is no reasonable explanation period. I would love to be in the room for an explanation with the replay official that made that call. I’d want a huge bowl of buttered popcorn because the excuses/explanation would be highly entertaining.
    Last edited by Sports Hernia on Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:25 pm
  • Hockey Guy wrote:Just a terrible non-overturn there.

Have no idea what the ref could've possibly been looking at on that monitor. I'm assuming an old Benny Hill re-run.

Old Classic Tom and Jerry. Simple 20 seconds of laughter...then back to the game.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:28 pm
  • Seahawkfan80 wrote:
    Hockey Guy wrote:Just a terrible non-overturn there.

Old Classic Tom and Jerry. Simple 20 seconds of laughter...then back to the game.

I picked Benny because they were in England but it very possibly could've been cartoons.
    Hockey Guy
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:29 pm
  • Abbot and Costello meet the NFL.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:30 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:There is no reasonable explanation period. I would love to be in the room for an explanation with the replay official that made that call. I’d want a huge bowl of buttered popcorn because the excuses/explanation would be highly entertaining.

Exactly. There's no rational excuse or explanation that can explain how that wasnt a fumble.

The fact that the league continues to blow calls on reviews is suspicious
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:33 pm
  • Even more more suspicious: That extremely clear, close-up shot that we were shown before the challenge/commercial break wasn't once shown to us at home during the review. They insisted on only sharing zoomed-out angles. Kind of suggests "we're going to call it this way, and don't want fans to see that it's the wrong call."
    nIdahoSeahawk
    NET Starter

Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:42 pm
  • Hasn't been a more clear-cut fumble in a long time. I thought perhaps they'd call it incomplete, but I guess that was last season.

I concluded the refs were trying to keep the game within 3 scores. They musta felt the game was totally out of hand and that Carroll was just being greedy, and the Raiders needed a break. Sort of like the Sounders last game when there should have been more extra time but up by 3 goals, the ref didn't add any more extra time in the interest of everyone getting home sooner.
    2018 Adopt-A-Rookie: Rashaad Penny
    2018 BounceBack Bet: C.J. Prosise
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:46 pm
  • I know that some here don't like to hear about conspiracy theories/rigged outcomes, etc. but I am struggling to come up with any other explanation for that call.

Surely it can't be incompetence. My 7 year old son who is just beginning to pick up football knowledge-saw clearly that it was a fumble.

So if a 7 year old can diagnose correctly that it was a fumble, and therefore we can rule out incompetence, what is left?
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:50 pm
  • Blandino and the other incompetent announcer agree too.

Even Gruden had the look it was fumble.

They better have a nice make up one next game.
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:34 pm
  • This is why I'm losing interest in the NFL.

It's pretty obvious to me that the NFL is creating its own parity. Better teams have to essentially play up hill.

There is only one possible reason for that not getting overturned and it is because the NFL uses officiating as a means to make teams look more equal. A shut out equals bad publicity.

I switched over to the end of the Pittsburgh/Bengals game and it was obvious there also. The Bengals are 4-1 and Pit is 2-2-1. If the Bengals win the game it doesn't bode well for parity. So Pits final drive on a failed 3rd down (down by one) an extremely weak DB holding call comes out and extends the drive. Two plays later Pit runs a play that is broken open by one of the most blatant receiver pick/screen's I've ever seen. It goes for a TD and no call. Keep in mind it was 100% the pick that set up the score.

It makes it unwatchable some times and I really don't have near the interest I use to. I rarely ever watch games the Seahawks aren't playing in anymore. It's also reflected in how often I post anymore.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:25 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information