4 wins? USA today predicted a 4-12 Hawks 2018 season.

toffee

Reaction score
We are at 3-3 after six games, of the three loses We could and frankly should have won one of those three, they were all tight and winnable games.

@ Broncos : 27-24
@ Bears: 24-17
Rams: 33-31

There should be no doubt that our team is improving offense wise: running game is potent with three backs. OL is functional and not a liability anymore, WR was the weak link but with Doug back and Moore we might just have enough. Defense wise, even without ET3, we are still ok, with Tre and Tedric gaining experience, I foresee good things happening.

So to the experts at USA today, please kiss my a**, wrong, don't kiss, please lick it.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
What it basically comes down to is the national media’s disdain for Pete Carroll and their under-appreciation for Russell Wilson. Especially those, some fans included who give the defense and Lynch 1000% of the credit for our SB success. It was more so them hoping we’d fail than anything else.

Rat

Reaction score
It's possible to underrate a team without "hating" them. There are a few teams I thought would be much worse than they've been, and it's not because I hate them.

4-12 was obviously too low. Anyone predicting 12-4 will likely be way off too. I don't think we'll be challenging for home-field advantage, but should be a factor in the wild-card race late into the season. Pretty good considering the offseason losses and Earl going down for the year.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Rat":3adbvjs7 said:
It's possible to underrate a team without "hating" them. There are a few teams I thought would be much worse than they've been, and it's not because I hate them.

4-12 was obviously too low. Anyone predicting 12-4 will likely be way off too. I don't think we'll be challenging for home-field advantage, but should be a factor in the wild-card race late into the season. Pretty good considering the offseason losses and Earl going down for the year.

I felt like Earl going down would be key to Hawk's long term success. On .net, folks started talking about football after Earl injury, before that, the whole forum was all about Earl and his shit. Now imagine what was it like in the locker room?

FINALLY, guys can focus on playing football.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
This is a .500 football team. Pre season articles with ridiculous predictions are simply click bait to generate revenue for their publication, nothing more.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1e46yjwj said:
This is a .500 football team. Pre season articles with ridiculous predictions are simply click bait to generate revenue for their publication, nothing more.

They have been a .500 team to date....but the team that is playing the last few weeks is playing a better brand of football than what we saw in the first 3-4 weeks of the year.

They may end up 8-8. But I tend to think that may be their floor now rather than their ceiling. If they can somehow best both Minnesota and KC at home (a tall task no doubt) they have a real shot at 10-6 and a wild card berth.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1h96di33 said:
Jerhawk":1h96di33 said:

They have been a .500 team to date....but the team that is playing the last few weeks is playing a better brand of football than what we saw in the first 3-4 weeks of the year.

They may end up 8-8. But I tend to think that may be their floor now rather than their ceiling. If they can somehow best both Minnesota and KC at home (a tall task no doubt) they have a real shot at 10-6 and a wild card berth.

Never underestimate a young amd motivated team. Earl's injury could be that God send to lift the team to another level. Look, team is playing better, you sure won't know it from looking at Earl:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BouUxXjh07- ... en-by=earl

or his featured post:

[instagram]BouUxXjh07-[/instagram]

Need contract to feed hungry children?

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Rat":2ns7r1di said:

I disagree. There is a lot of anti-Pete stuff out there, particularly journalists who feel his coaching style doesn’t work and wants to prove that at all costs. Tends to be the media who had an issue with Sherman’s mouth and Lynch’s antics, and Pete’s willingness to let them be themselves

Also, a lot of journalists don’t think Russell is a true QB capable of carrying a team. Even after last year. They’re the type of idiots that would say they’d rather have Stafford or Carr as their QB

Scorpion05

Reaction score
toffee":1rhbh7pm said:
Hawkpower":1rhbh7pm said:
Jerhawk":1rhbh7pm said:

Never underestimate a young amd motivated team. Earl's injury could be that God send to lift the team to another level. Look, team is playing better, you sure won't know it from looking at Earl:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BouUxXjh07- ... en-by=earl

or his featured post:

[instagram]BouUxXjh07-[/instagram]

Need contract to feed hungry children?

Difference between feeding hungry children and making a shrewd business move against NFL owners. No one talks about their greed, just the players who are just supposed to smile, be happy with what they get, and not try to make as much as possible

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Rat":13fcyxp2 said:

No one was predicting 12-4.

xray

Reaction score
At the beginning I was going with 8/8.. now I can see 10/6... oh well..LOL GO HAWKS

Steve2222

Reaction score
Never understood why so many fans side with the owners over the players in terms of contracts. The players are getting ripped off so bad by the owners it’s comical. Odell Beckham Jr makes less than a large portion of relief pitchers in the MLB lmao

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Hungry children always gets to my soft and aging heart. One really can't eat Rolls Royces, it takes food to fill stomachs of Earl's hungry kids.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
hawknation2018":1jj49yuq said:
Rat":1jj49yuq said:

No one was predicting 12-4.[/quote

Yes there was more than a few here...

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
hawknation2018":74k0grpl said:
No one was predicting 12-4.

I predicted 11-5. We should be 4-2 right now IMO but I still have faith we can reach my preseason prediction.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Steve2222":153ld5v8 said:
Never understood why so many fans side with the owners over the players in terms of contracts. The players are getting ripped off so bad by the owners it’s comical. Odell Beckham Jr makes less than a large portion of relief pitchers in the MLB lmao

Because the players need to shut up and play, dammit! :sarcasm_off:

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Need to do better, like we did against the Rams. Was it just me or did Russ almost fumble the snap and then airmail the ball successfully? In most cases, Russ would be stopped before the pass. OAK was a gimme that the rest of the schedule won't provide.