710 (Salk) going on about Doug and Russ

adeltaY

Reaction score
Am I missing something here? He's talking as if Doug was one of the sources for those ESPN articles and that Doug has been talking behind Russ' back. Was this ever confirmed? A quick google search turned up nothing for me on that front. Salk went as far as to predict this is Doug's last season and that he's the 3rd or 4th option at WR. What nonsense IMO. Doug is absolutely our best receiver, but he's been hurt. The guy's playing on two bum knees and missed basically three games. Russ should freeze Doug out for allegedly talking crap behind his back? What nonsense.

Also he's harping on about Doug's story about Marshawn giving him the backpack and making fun of Doug for it - as if that's the only reason Doug loves Marshawn.

I really like the show and this is the only issue I've had with it so far. It's just bizarre. Do y'all think there's anything to this?

hawknation2018

Reaction score
He didn’t say he had any inside info. He just said he interpreted Doug Baldwin’s praise of Marshawn Lynch and his authenticity to be a subtle jab at those who project a false image of themselves on social media, which he thinks refers to a criticism of Russell Wilson. He says he could be wrong with his interpretation, and he probably is.

The last two weeks, Russell has been lauding Baldwin with praise as a “star” and what a difference maker he would be for the offense once he returned from his injury.

And Baldwin spent much of the off-season praising Wilson, saying this is the best he’s ever been. I don’t think Baldwin has ever been more complimentary of Russell. He stopped with the juvenile remarks and jealousy around 2015, when their connect on the field was at its strongest.

Baldwin is just starting to return to form from his injuries. Schottenheimer is still learning how to incorporate Baldwin’s route running style into the offense. Quick hitters to Baldwin would be a nice way to keep the defense on its toes, as they are likely to be expecting run.

OP
OP
A

adeltaY

Reaction score
Salk definitely said Doug was one of the guys talking about Russ to ESPN for those articles.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
adeltaY":1r9u7cvw said:
Salk definitely said Doug was one of the guys talking about Russ to ESPN for those articles.

I must have missed that part this morning. Let me know if you get a quote on that. It would be a pretty significant accusation.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sportsradio in this town is crap. They are on the level of the National Enquirer.
The only listenable guy is John Clayton, the rest is just gossipy inuendo.

cjcinec56

Reaction score
I thought it was surprising that Doug had only 1 catch for 1 yard in Sunday’s game.

T-Hawk

Reaction score
Really hoping this is just Salk stirring ish up. This doesn't seem like Doug at all to be an anonymous source for a negative story about his team and QB. Doug seems to be pretty straight forward and willing to put his name behind his opinions.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Was that really Mike Salk? He's not hosting today; Bob Stelton and Jake Heaps are hosing today. I heard them talking about Baldwin but I didn't specifically hear them say Baldwin was the source.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2a4y30mr said:
Sportsradio in this town is crap. They are on the level of the National Enquirer.

I agree that most isn't good but I actually like Brock and Salk a lot.

OP
OP
A

adeltaY

Reaction score
hawknation2018":301tduhe said:
adeltaY":301tduhe said:

I must have missed that part this morning. Let me know if you get a quote on that. It would be a pretty significant accusation.

I think he said that yesterday's show. When I get home I will send you a link with timestamp

OP
OP
A

adeltaY

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":3d4p0uih said:
Was that really Mike Salk? He's not hosting today; Bob Stelton and Jake Heaps are hosing today. I heard them talking about Baldwin but I didn't specifically hear them say Baldwin was the source.

You're right, today was Bob and Jake. Salk actually started talking about this Wednesday and kept on through Thursday. Shoot maybe it even started Tuesday. I will check.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Not sure Salk was saying he knew Doug was one of the malcontents as it involves Wilson. Rather he seemed to call into question how Doug has "called out" Wilson, but never Lynch. Especially with the recent story about Baldwin praising Lynch for giving him his backpack when Baldwin was a rookie. Folks giving Lynch a pass for being Lynch and nitpicking Wilson, even though Wilson has never skipped practices, games, etc.

I get what he was saying, but I think he may be over analyzing random comments when forming this opinion.

kobebryant

Reaction score
lukerguy":3ac3ivbd said:
Sports Hernia":3ac3ivbd said:

I agree that most isn't good but I actually like Brock and Salk a lot.

Brock is very good, Salk has always felt like an awkward fit. Also in the city I enjoy John Clayton and Ian Furness - both are smart, intelligent, measured, and conduct excellent interviews.

vigilantgrrl

Reaction score
Even though I do not really care for Chuck on the KJR morning show, I have switched to this show as Salk is just becoming insufferable. He and Jim Moore are the two absolute worst sports talk hosts. Throwing Seahawk future legends like Baldwin and Sherm under the bus.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
This again, huh.

Players are not fans. They are a bunch of Alphas all in one place and don't "follow" each other with the same peasant mentality that the average fan does. Almost anything is feasible in an NFL locker room, college, or even high school. Your belief in one thing or a other isn't required or even relevant.

That said, this very well coud be Doug's last season with the Hawks. Outstanding reciever and a very likeable character, but it's about that time when his body is starting to break down, they just gave a contract to another smaller WR, they have an up and comer, and likely have other contract demands in mind for the future.

It's sad, but it's a cutthroat business. Bes' get the hump up out your back sooner than later.

DJrmb

Reaction score
I love Salk now. I used to absolutely hate him when they first started. However, over the years seeing him truly fall in love with Seattle has been really cool I think. He still gets on a soap box sometimes about things I think are dumb (like this ADB thing), but you aren't going to agree with everything everyone says or thinks in life. People should realize that and stop letting that be a point of division but rather a point of discussion.

I personally don't buy into any of the Doug vs Russ stuff. If anything I feel like they've grown closer over the years playing together. Wasn't it ADB who jumped Sherman's @ss for getting on Russ too much in practice?

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Doug is 30. The reality is that not many players play into their 30s. He obviously won’t be at 100% anytime this season. It’s always a possibility that this might be his last season in Seattle. Age and injuries have a way of depleting the best players and eventually apply to everyone. I look for him to start playing better after the bye week. I won’t be surprised either way if he’s back next year or not.

xray

Reaction score
Let's face the facts that very few Seahawk players "gush" over Wilson. He is not a locker room favorite.....wonder why?? :stirthepot:

A-Dog

Reaction score
Dead money and cap saving for cutting Doug after this season:

Dead:
$6,287,500

Savings:
$6,856,250

If he doesn't recover and return to form by the end of the season I could see cutting him as a possibility but I think it would be at least one season too early to think about cutting him just because he's over 30 and they need cap space. As it stands the team is in pretty good shape cap-wise (over $70m under if you count Kam as being cut), especially if you assume Earl will move on.