Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Magic Do Over

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Magic Do Over
Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:25 pm
  • So far no votes for the status quo so we agree on that at least.
    * NET Staff *

Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:40 pm
  • sdog1981 wrote:
    TwistedHusky wrote:As Pitt mentioned, NE was a terrible GL defense - and it was the end of the game with them tired.

Lynch would have walked in.

My magic do-over would have been keeping Tate and not getting Harvin but if that was my only magic do-over then I would have run Lynch to watch him walk into the EZ and win MVP.

Incorrect. New England had stuffed the Seahawks on short yardage all game and Tom Cables pathetic coaching got the team stuffed on the goal line all the time. Seriously go back and look at how few short-yardage rushing TD's the team had during the Cable era.

People always overlook this when 2nd guessing. Same play but not to a WR Ricardo Lockette (Brandon Marshall) with stone hands and not warmed up.
    Michael Dickson, P, Texas: 2018 Adopt a Probowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:41 pm
  • Just run the damn thing, three times if you have to.
    There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

- Darius Rucker
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:23 pm

• Something like this... FB and TE were both wide open... if neither are open russ could run or throw it away.

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:29 pm
  • Another thing you could do is call the time out with 30 seconds left... Then when you have the timeout you call two plays... The first one a run, the second one a pass with a very similar if not exact same formation and play action with TE coming out the back.. If both of those fail you should have 5-7 seconds left on 4th down to do whatever you want.

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:21 pm
  • 1a) 2 by 2 Wide Stack Inside Zone to the left out of the Pistol, hand the ball to Lynch, easy TD.

1b) Sprint Right Option if you want Wilson to get the glory instead. (Run/Pass option for Wilson out of the pocket.)

Both plays would've worked so take your pick.

The Seahawks instead chose to throw to the special teams gunner into the teeth of a crowded goaline defense, and have Kearse block the most physical corner in the league, and oh yeah he knows the play and tells M.Butler to be ready for it.
    It is a trust play, the QB just chucks it as soon as he gets it, he doesn't read the defense, and has to trust the receiver to run a precise route, and the other receiver to make a great block.

Utter failure. Asking a special teams gunner to run a precise route, and the other to block the most physical corner to come along in 30 years. Instead of putting the ball into your 2 best players hands Lynch & Wilson.

The dumbest playcall in sports history (given the circumstances) that people will always bring up for the rest of our lives.

The End.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:05 pm
  • With the time out you have at least two plays, you go heavy run look formation and have a roll out option with a trailer WR not named Lockette to be your safety valve Going into the ball if Wilson throw it or he Scores and have Kearse block and fade into the End Zone.

If that Fails it would be incomplete or Wilson out of Bounds and clock stops.

Next possession same formation and Lynch over the Left side where he was making yards and a quick time out if he fails.

That leaves you a third option if we fail twice which I doubt from the one.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:21 pm
  • I'm happy to see that the passage of time has let the truth sink in that we relied on a 3rd-rate bottom of the roster hack WR determine the most pivotal moment in team history and that just will never be OK. All the great players in team history from Largent all the way to Earl Thomas ... guys who are NFL legends and Ricardo F-ing Lockette was put into that moment. I think that's why so many people will never get over that we didn't give the ball to 'Shawn. No so much that running the ball seems obvious to many, but if our legend is going to be destroyed then at least let it be destroyed by an actual NFL talent.
    * NET Staff *

Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:26 pm
  • The play I would run is the stuffing of Tom Brady on the qb sneak for a safety. Then a good return to their 45. That would be followed by a quick pass over the middle to the 32. Time out. Bring in The kicker. Follow thT with immortality.
    evergreen
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:00 pm
  • The Philly Special.

Easy.
    WilliamCooper wrote:I'd take Ryan Fitzpatrick over Wilson. I’m not even joking.

2016/2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: CJ Prosise, Quill Griffin
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-UDFA: Lene Maiava, Jordan Roos
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:03 pm
  • evergreen wrote:The play I would run is the stuffing of Tom Brady on the qb sneak for a safety. Then a good return to their 45. That would be followed by a quick pass over the middle to the 32. Time out. Bring in The kicker. Follow thT with immortality.

Great reply. Thought a safety was going to happen.
    WilliamCooper wrote:I'd take Ryan Fitzpatrick over Wilson. I’m not even joking.

2016/2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: CJ Prosise, Quill Griffin
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-UDFA: Lene Maiava, Jordan Roos
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:14 pm
  • It was a bad read and it was caused by panic by RW. He easily could have rolled back and surveyed the field. Marshawn was wide open in the left corner. I saw it live and it was easy to read that defense before the snap.
    jeremiah
    NET Rookie

Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:31 pm
  • Same exact thing. :snack:

Everyone knows what y’all should have done.... Everyone. And everyone knew what the results would have been based on the results from entire game... Everyone. You get stopped 4 times in a row? Tip your dadgum cap. Most athletes and fans have no clue as to how to do that.
    JRobinson
    NET Practice Squad

Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:38 am
  • No Brainer... Give it to Lynch and let him "Tippy Toe Into The End Zone".. :irishdrinkers:
    Looking For That One Particular Harbor....
    Hawkboi
    * Class Act Hawk Fan *

Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:44 am
  • Do over? Re-sign BB and keep him from going to your opponent.
    jeremiah
    NET Rookie

Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:30 pm
  • JRobinson wrote:Same exact thing. :snack:

Everyone knows what y’all should have done.... Everyone. And everyone knew what the results would have been based on the results from entire game... Everyone. You get stopped 4 times in a row? Tip your dadgum cap. Most athletes and fans have no clue as to how to do that.

4 times?

With 30 seconds and one timeout?

Good football there coach
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:06 pm
  • Fade wrote:1a) 2 by 2 Wide Stack Inside Zone to the left out of the Pistol, hand the ball to Lynch, easy TD.

1b) Sprint Right Option if you want Wilson to get the glory instead. (Run/Pass option for Wilson out of the pocket.)

Both plays would've worked so take your pick.

The Seahawks instead chose to throw to the special teams gunner into the teeth of a crowded goaline defense, and have Kearse block the most physical corner in the league, and oh yeah he knows the play and tells M.Butler to be ready for it.
    It is a trust play, the QB just chucks it as soon as he gets it, he doesn't read the defense, and has to trust the receiver to run a precise route, and the other receiver to make a great block.

Utter failure. Asking a special teams gunner to run a precise route, and the other to block the most physical corner to come along in 30 years. Instead of putting the ball into your 2 best players hands Lynch & Wilson.

The dumbest playcall in sports history (given the circumstances) that people will always bring up for the rest of our lives.

The End.

Hawkstorian wrote:I'm happy to see that the passage of time has let the truth sink in that we relied on a 3rd-rate bottom of the roster hack WR determine the most pivotal moment in team history and that just will never be OK. All the great players in team history from Largent all the way to Earl Thomas ... guys who are NFL legends and Ricardo F-ing Lockette was put into that moment. I think that's why so many people will never get over that we didn't give the ball to 'Shawn. No so much that running the ball seems obvious to many, but if our legend is going to be destroyed then at least let it be destroyed by an actual NFL talent.

jeremiah wrote:Do over? Re-sign BB and keep him from going to your opponent.

jeremiah wrote:It was a bad read and it was caused by panic by RW. He easily could have rolled back and surveyed the field. Marshawn was wide open in the left corner. I saw it live and it was easy to read that defense before the snap.

These. Excellent summary from Fade. I would only add that in my mind, in NO WAY is Ricardo Lockette responsible. The responsibility is on Bevell. Then Bevell later throws Lockette under the bus; sick, sick, sick.

And pretty much any other corner than Browner playing for NE in that situation, and the play succeeds, or at worst is incomplete. Kearse failed to push him back in a mano-y-mano duel, giving up 20 lbs. Browner knew what was coming. Just another indictment of Darrell Bevell.

I also agree that Russ got involved in a bit of panic, or, I'd call it, impatience. In Russell's mind, it was ON, it was THERE, and he wanted to throw the football BEFORE anything changed. However, Russell was so hasty in his throw, that he put the ball in a HORRIBLE place, leading to the pick. Impatience, panic, being too short (Russell also didn't see Butler lurking, screened off by the mass of bodies) Because of his impatience/panic, Russell made a hasty throw that was sloppy and not well placed, leading directly to the pick. Watch a replay, and Russell actually starts to celebrate as soon as he throws it, because in his mind, he just threw the game-winning TD. If only that were true.

This just goes back to a readiness/playcalling TOTAL FAILURE on the part of Darrell Bevell, of not taking advantage of Wilson's strengths, and trying to win with a typical Bevell stupid "They'll never expect THAT...!!" "surprise" play, that relies on multiple weaknesses making a play. #6 WR Lockette = WEAKNESS, Kearse vs Browner = WEAKNESS, Russell throwing a slant into a crowded pack in middle of line = WEAKNESS. Three weaknesses, zero strengths, no wonder the play failed. WHY THE FREAK didn't Bevell call something using one or more STRENGTHS, OK, pass instead of hand to Marshawn vs. NE's "Heavy" lineup, so roll Russell out, to right, with run-pass option, Russell's mobility = STRENGTH, Russelll's decisionmaking = STRENGTH, limited chance of horrible outcome = STRENGTH. The TD to Tre Madden vs. KC play with video posted earlier was an example of the type of play that should have been called here.
    2018 Adopt-A-Rookie: Rashaad Penny
    2018 BounceBack Bet: C.J. Prosise
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:41 pm
  • Read option.

Pats would have conceded the td.
    ben@thetabs
    THE TABS
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:46 am
  • Aros wrote:
    OpHawk wrote:You really want to do this?

Yes. It's a Seahawks fan forum. What else are we going to talk about? Mid-century modern design?

That would be my preference to The Play, yes, Todd.

Good God, just let it die.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:20 pm
  • Russell keeps the ball, running to his right, Marshawn fake dive over the line, ADB in the EZ for a toss or block for a RW run in TD.

New England had their run stop players in and had a lot of success against Marshawn that game.

But I do not throw it to Lockette. As much as I love the man, he got punked by a DB. That should have been an easy TD.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:40 pm
  • jeremiah wrote:It was a bad read and it was caused by panic by RW. He easily could have rolled back and surveyed the field. Marshawn was wide open in the left corner. I saw it live and it was easy to read that defense before the snap.

There is no read on the play. The QB gets the ball and chucks it, and trusts the receivers will execute. The QB's responsibility is similar to a smoke screen. The ball has to come out quick.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:00 am
  • Atradees wrote:
    sdog1981 wrote:
    TwistedHusky wrote:As Pitt mentioned, NE was a terrible GL defense - and it was the end of the game with them tired.

Lynch would have walked in.

My magic do-over would have been keeping Tate and not getting Harvin but if that was my only magic do-over then I would have run Lynch to watch him walk into the EZ and win MVP.

Incorrect. New England had stuffed the Seahawks on short yardage all game and Tom Cables pathetic coaching got the team stuffed on the goal line all the time. Seriously go back and look at how few short-yardage rushing TD's the team had during the Cable era.

People always overlook this when 2nd guessing. Same play but not to a WR Ricardo Lockette (Brandon Marshall) with stone hands and not warmed up.

The play call was a bad one even with if we had the correct personnel. Why was it bad? Belicheck said we ran no other play from that formation in short yardage situations. Butler, and Browner knew where the ball was going, and when it was going to be there. They may as well have been in the huddle at that point. Given that the play is over the middle this type of scenario is a nightmare.

In this situation I think another play out of that formation would have been the ideal call. Something to trip Bill Belicheck, Butler, and Browner. They were selling out hard to stop that one specific play, I think we could have pulled a fast on on them here.

We probably should have tried the run play though. We had two downs, and I believe we had a time out, and we were on what? The one?
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:50 am
  • Since we're talking about things that could never happen. I would vote for a deep drop back, roll out to his right and throw a fastball right in Bradys junk.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:53 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information