Shaquem Griffin: Your Best Never Comes Easy

toffee

Reaction score
Shaquem is a rookie, he is going though the learning process. I am less than joyful about his brother's performance so far ... kind of expecting more.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I though Quil did fine, well OK anyway, the Rams WRs eat a lot of CBs lunches with all the motion misdirection and crossing routes. I ‘d bet he will be much stronger against the Rams next game. He took some chances that his coaches will want to talk to him about but like a few of his team mates he’s had a 2 int. game this year.

I don’t think Quem is practicing as well as he could and thus isn’t getting PT except on ST, he was solid in PS and showed good instincts so I have hope for him as the team sorts out who plays where.

Seafan

Reaction score
Everyone on defense made some errors, really sloppy football combined with some big plays. It was a crazy game.

Quem isn't good enough right now but it really is a new position for him. He needs to perfect his play on STs.

xray

Reaction score
I had big hopes for him and I think he can improve...if not he may have been just a sentimental draft pick...a good storyline.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
He's about what I thought he would be when we drafted him and thats invisible. More of a feel good pick than actual quality in my opinion.

chris98251

Reaction score
Just think he needs to let the game come to him more then trying to force himself into the game, has the speed and skills. I am still of the mind he could be a good SS for us.

Seymour

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":z4nbaj6d said:
He's about what I thought he would be when we drafted him and thats invisible. More of a feel good pick than actual quality in my opinion.

Well that is great news you are feeling good about the pick then! :2thumbs:

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
chris98251":wormm52q said:
Just think he needs to let the game come to him more then trying to force himself into the game, has the speed and skills. I am still of the mind he could be a good SS for us.

Wouldn't he be a liability at SS? I thought one of his weakness coming out of college was his ability to drop back into coverage.

chris98251

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":1ziiz06q said:
chris98251":1ziiz06q said:

Wouldn't he be a liability at SS? I thought one of his weakness coming out of college was his ability to drop back into coverage.
As a CB maybe but I read where he had good coverage skills not great, also he would be on TE,s a lot not WR unless they make the mistake of crossing the middle.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Seymour":23u7cttt said:
pittpnthrs":23u7cttt said:

Well that is great news you are feeling good about the pick then! :2thumbs:

nathan-fillion-well-nevermind.gif

Jerhawk

Reaction score
It would be nice to try him out in pass rushing situations. I mean, why not? Our pass rush is non existent so far this year.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I always viewed him as a Deon Buchanon hybrid type. Somebody that could play coverage on TE's in a big nickel or blitz from the weakside. Never viewed him as a 3 down LB. Not big enough to stuff the run unless you put him in as a SS in short yardage situations.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Fans love Shaqueem because he has had success with what some would perceive as a disability. Truth is, he's not that good. Fast is only one part of being an athlete. You've got to have speed, strength, football IQ, and desire. Shaqueem probably has most of that and time will tell if he develops the rest. All I know for sure was he had the opportunity to start and he failed miserably, as a matter of fact he was benched and hasn't really seen the field since! That is a clear sign that the coaches weren't impressed regardless of what they say to the media.

T-Hawk

Reaction score
He's a 5th rd pick who is currently playing well on special teams and is not ready to be a starter. Is it really fair to expect anything more from 5th rounder? He played great in pre season, well enough to get the start in week1, but clearly wasn't ready for that yet, but that doesn't mean he cant eventually live up to what he showed in pre season.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
To be fair very few 5th rounders ever start in the league often providing depth and ST play. Which is where Griffin is firmly entrenched. He's actually perfectly sized to become a ST star. Just needs to get used to the speed of the game and the film study. I really think its laughable when people are concerned about a 5th rounder not starting right off the bat.

There are some players that figure out the game on day 1. Some players take a year. Some never figure it out. That's why they always say you can't judge a draft until year 3. Yet here we are already casting judgement on Griffin and Penny. Just like we cast judgement on Britt, Ifedi, Sweezy, and likely others that failed to have great first year seasons.

ou can't draft 7 starters and 3 all pros every year. If you get one or two solid starters and a prowler out of a draft, you've usually done well.

FinNasty

Reaction score
I really want to see the kid get some action on passing downs as a nickle backer...

toffee

Reaction score
T-Hawk":11jkvhvk said:
He's a 5th rd pick who is currently playing well on special teams and is not ready to be a starter. Is it really fair to expect anything more from 5th rounder? He played great in pre season, well enough to get the start in week1, but clearly wasn't ready for that yet, but that doesn't mean he cant eventually live up to what he showed in pre season.
This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk