vs. DEN : 16 - 64 - 4.0
vs. CHI : 22 - 74 - 3.4
vs. DAL : 39 - 113 - 2.9
vs. ARI : 34 - 171 - 5.0
vs. LAR : 32 - 190 - 5.9
Team rushing: 143 - 612 - 4.3
PFF OL: #32 week 3
http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/stats/_/ty ... e-seahawks

With Tom Cable, Raider's high priced OL (#14 in spending) managed to produce less than our much criticized OL (#25 in spending); We are clearly improving and Raiders' are slowing getting under deeper Cable spell.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/positional/offensive-line/

adeltaY

Reaction score
Tbf the Rams OL is starting two rookie tackles and their all pro LG didn't play last week.

Still, Solari has made this unit into an above average line in five games and Cable never even got close in the years he was here.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Our OL against Ram's DL, which was ranked #1 or was it #2 by PFF, so our yards per carry was for real. RBs fought for yards after first contact but the line did open some holes .... do you remember our OL creating much holes or gaps last two seasons? I sure couldn't.

I credit that to our two new guards, both very lost cost vets, but hey it worked.

IF our backs could maintain 5+ yards per carry and 25 carries per game, we would be just couple of WRs away from a top 10 offense.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Oh I agree, we haven't seen run blocking that good for over a year! It's great that a competent coach was able to take two low-paid guards as you mentioned and turn them into very productive players, unlike what we had before.

I don't know if we can be a top 10 offense if our passing game continues to be a disaster. Without the deep PA shots, we have NOTHING in the passing game.

If they want to be successful, they should honestly run PA or just run the ball every damn play and see if it works.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Gotta give a lot of credit to Carson though. That dude is a STUD.

bighawk

Reaction score
I am impressed with Carson and Davis but i wannt to see Penny used as a returner until he he gets his chance this year or next. He needs to establish a playing weight so in the meantime put him in as a punt returner and rest Lockett. I wont give up on him like some of you have.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
It sure sucks to be a Raiders fan at this point ... their running game sure ain't going anywhere. Without a running threat, teams could focus their game planning on how to destroy Carr behind that Cable OL.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
:sarcasm_on:
It's obvious to me that the problem with the Ray-duhs OL is that Cable hasn't had a chance yet to un-learn them of all their old bad habits and teach them how to be a rhymes-with-unable OL. A couple of inexperienced conversion projects should do the trick. It'll only take 5 or 10 years to show results. And by results, I mean throwing themselves at the feet of the DL and acting as poor-quality speed bumps.
:sarcasm_off:

sdog1981

Reaction score
The only thing that held the 2012-2015 Seahawks back was Tom Cable. This team had Lynch and could not convert short yardage to save their life. Rember the pathetic goalline blocking in the 4th QTR of the NFC title game? The team could have salted the game away but had 2 negative runs and a fumble.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
adeltaY":1013digj said:
Tbf the Rams OL is starting two rookie tackles and their all pro LG didn't play last week.

Still, Solari has made this unit into an above average line in five games and Cable never even got close in the years he was here.

From Solari's long body of work in the league, one can clearly see that he was no wonder kid or OL whisperer. I believe Solari's benefited from the addition of two low cost veteran guards. He also used more basic schemes that has shorter learning curves.

Cable has that inflated ego, he truly believed that he was an OL whisperer that could breath life into dead meat like Joeckel, Cable also forced his players to adopt to his scheme instead of designing schemes based on his players' strength.

chrispy

Reaction score
I think Pocic, Fluker and Sweezy are all currently on the injury report. If we got all three back, would it be worth picking up a draft pick from Raiders in exchange for Sweezy? Cable loves him and we picked him up off the street. Maybe Solari's know-how could be a source to regain some draft capital that we gave away with other trades.... Is one G going to be the difference in making the playoffs this year?

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
This homer is enjoying our line and laughing at the Cable line.

Hawks: 17 attempts, 66 yards, 3.9 average.
Raiders: 11 attempts, 23 yards, 2.3 average.

Carson got a 17 yard called back, otherwise, it would be 18 attempts, 85 yards, 4.72 average.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
After three quarters:

Hawks: 26 attempts, 112 yards, 4.3 average
Raiders: 14 attempts, 45 yards, 3.2 average.

Got to thank uncle Cable for the gift.

A-Dog

Reaction score
Fully convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that Cable is THE reason the Seahawks did not become a dynasty. There are other factors, sure, but none of them come close to the decision to put so much power and influence in to the hands of an incompetent failure of an offensive line coach. It’s a shame, but at least now that he’s gone at least Pete and Russ have a chance to get back to the top during their careers.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
I am more like without a shadow of doubt that Cable is the reason why Raiders are struggling this season.

chris98251

Reaction score
Solari was able to take his pieces basically and now turn them into a adequate line. Yes we added Flucker and brought back Sweezy, so one piece wasn't his product, but we look better then we have in years in 6 games.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":xda2ohbf said:
Solari was able to take his pieces basically and now turn them into a adequate line. Yes we added Flucker and brought back Sweezy, so one piece wasn't his product, but we look better then we have in years in 6 games.

Fluker and Sweezy, two castoffs, low $ guards, these two guys are doing wonders for our OL. i suspect the improved guards plays and a blocking TE to help the tackles .. those are the two major factor in our now functional OL. Our guard plays sucked last two seasons, and we had Jimmy "I proudly don't block" Graham as our TE.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
hoxrox":1wwjxsnl said:
Gotta give a lot of credit to Carson though. That dude is a STUD.

Yes. Man I hope he stays healthy. He really pushes for that extra yard or two after initial contact. They really wears defenses down over a few quarters.

Latest posts