Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Cut Ifedi, Pete did great

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Cut Ifedi, Pete did great
Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:34 pm
  • Why can't he fix this? Big situations and he loses his concentration at the worst time and cost us the game. What about the next man up? We need to move on from him.

Pete has us going in the right direction, great game plan today. Pete is showing no respect for the Rams or their record and going after them showing us he expected to win this one. I understand his explanation on the TO, I think he got out coached by the other side at the end.

Back to penalty boy, What is it going to take to fix Ifedi's mistakes? How much longer will Pete put up with this?
    MO Hawk
    NET Rookie

Re: Cut Ifedi, Pete did great
Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:38 pm
  • Should they cut Fluker too? Fluker had the bigger mistake than Ifedi. Fluker got a holding penalty to take them out of FG range.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:41 pm
  • The Fluker call was questionable, the Ifedi false start was typical. Ifedi has improved this season but he sometimes lacks brains or discipline.
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:42 pm
  • This oline was better than Suh and Donald today. Yes it sucks to lose.
    Michael Dickson, P, Texas: 2018 Adopt a Probowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:02 pm
  • Ifedi was fine. Good even today.

Leaving a TE and RB to block Suh when he was lined up at DE is just dumb. It happened earlier and it's worse than anything Ifedi did.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:12 pm
  • Ifedi did fine today and that false start called on him was bull crap because the play clock had already run out. It should have been a delay of game.
    "It's Ground Hawks Day" Chris Berman
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:13 pm
  • hawkfan68 wrote:Should they cut Fluker too? Fluker had the bigger mistake than Ifedi. Fluker got a holding penalty to take them out of FG range.

God no, I saw him take Suh and Donald to the woodshed a couple of times.
    "It's Ground Hawks Day" Chris Berman
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:27 pm
  • I couldn't tell if we let the clock run to Zero or if Ifedi jumped. Never say a replay.
    Tinymac2
    NET Rookie

Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:29 pm
  • seahawkfreak wrote:Ifedi did fine today and that false start called on him was bull crap because the play clock had already run out. It should have been a delay of game.

Shhhh ppl hate ifedi.

It was on russ or pete. Ifedi jumped as clock hit zero.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:51 pm
  • Have to clear this up right now.

For once, this one isn't his fault. Watch the play over again and watch the playclock. This should have been delay of game by half a second, but they called false start on Ifedi instead. Technically, the delay of game would have been valid before the false start. See for yourself.
    Last edited by vin.couve12 on Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:52 pm
  • The line is finally starting to play at a league average level — maybe even better — and you want us to cut our starting RT?

The OL was the worst in the NFL for three years because they kept exodussing starters (Unger, Carpenter, Sweezy, Okung, etc) without signing starter-level replacements.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:49 am
  • Pete did great? He cost us the game in the end. Lots of bad decisions, and wasted timeouts -- poor clock management.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:22 am
  • RW clearly (yes CLEARLY) did everything to get the Center to snap the ball and it didn't happen. Ifedi reacted to RW and to the clock hitting zero

Playcall came in late - we already burned one timeout for the same thing

Ifedi has been way better the last few games
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:25 am
  • Shanegotyou11 wrote:
    seahawkfreak wrote:Ifedi did fine today and that false start called on him was bull crap because the play clock had already run out. It should have been a delay of game.

Shhhh ppl hate ifedi.

It was on russ or pete. Ifedi jumped as clock hit zero.

This.

My gawd Ifedi had a great game.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *

Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:52 am
  • seahawkfreak wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:Should they cut Fluker too? Fluker had the bigger mistake than Ifedi. Fluker got a holding penalty to take them out of FG range.

Look at Davis' TD. Fluker drove Suh back and into the ground.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:05 am
  • Spin Doctor wrote:Pete did great? He cost us the game in the end. Lots of bad decisions, and wasted timeouts -- poor clock management.

Or did his coaching and game plan actually put the team in a position to pull out a win against the arguably best team in the league??? :?
    Go Hawks!
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:10 am
  • vin.couve12 wrote:Have to clear this up right now.

For once, this one isn't his fault. Watch the play over again and watch the playclock. This should have been delay of game by half a second, but they called false start on Ifedi instead. Technically, the delay of game would have been valid before the false start. See for yourself.

Quoted for truth.

I think Ifedi went with the clock, as he should have.
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:16 am
  • I’m starting to think Ifedi might be the most improved lineman. He certainly had the farthest to go. Everyone else is pretty much playing a bit better and Ifedi seems to be far from the train wreck of last year. The last 3 games we have barely heard his name. The false start was clearly a delay of game penalty and not on him.
    Go Hawks!
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:32 am
  • pmedic920 wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:Have to clear this up right now.

Quoted for truth.

I think Ifedi went with the clock, as he should have.

Didn't see that on the clock. I agree he has gotten better, as our whole OL had. Maybe Solari is making a difference? RE Ifedi, It seems the more excited he gets the more likely to jump offside.

I don't think this is lost on opposing teams and perhaps they study Ifedi and his tenancies, then at a crucial point in a game they take advantaged of tit and get the penalty. Not sure if the Ram's did this in scouting us, but it would be a good strategy. While he has improved, I ask if the issues causing him to jump in the past have been resolved or if they are still there and able to be exploited by the opposing team?

Agreed that Fluker and Ifedi man handled the Rams talented DL.

Regarding Pete, yes I question the time out, but I was just happy to be in the game with the Rams after the results of the last time we played them. The running game came to life against a very good defense. We are on the right track it appears.
    MO Hawk
    NET Rookie

Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:46 am
  • This was arguably the best performance I have seen from everyone on the OL. They pretty much dominated the touted Rams D in the running game. Any time your offense puts up 31 points you should win the game. The Offense on all levels did their job. This was squarely on our Defenses inability to put pressure on Goff and gave up far too many 15+ yard plays. Defense lost this game. Ifedi and the rest had a dam good game.
    Schadie001
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:50 am
  • oldhawkfan wrote:Ifedi seems to be far from the train wreck of last year. The last 3 games we have barely heard his name.

That's kind of how it works. A player can improve for games, months, even years, yet one screwup and everyone will jump on his ass again as if he never changed.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:54 am
  • If you told me when the season started that Ifedi could at least be servicable I'd have been elated so I'm not going to rip him for one false start. The timing sucked but the upgrade in his play has been simply huge
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:11 pm
  • I respectfully disagree. His mentions have been almost non existent. That's a sign of good things.

Seattle is better served if Ifedi starts to become effective. Even after a loss, the 'Seattle has the worst OL in the league' narrative feels completely misplaced. I don't actually believe that to be close to true right now. That's a huge improvement for this unit.

Seems they are on the right track and getting better. And in light of the last three games, it really seems to me that the struggles in Denver and in Chicago had more to do with Von Miller and Khalil Mack than it did our poor play. I'm of the opinion that this unit is significantly better than the 2016/2017 versions. This week was a really tough DL unit that I felt we owned more than the other way around.

Results aside, I'm considering the OL pretty much fixed at this point. Fluker and Sweezy were two additions that I really harbored no hope for coming in. But they've played so much better than I gave them credit for.

However I think their play is ancillary to their real value. For the first time in many years, I feel like this unit has that edge. One can almost feel it that they are actually starting to believe that they can dictate a game. In fact, this is probably the only unit on this team capable of taking that edge mantel from the departed LOB.

I think this unit will improve and become a focal point on our team identity before the season is over. While they won't be as great as the LOB, this team thrives when they have an edge to them. This unit is starting to become nasty. And it really feels like they're getting a real taste for it.
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:44 pm
  • Seanhawk wrote:
    seahawkfreak wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:Should they cut Fluker too? Fluker had the bigger mistake than Ifedi. Fluker got a holding penalty to take them out of FG range.

Sorry guys, I was trying to use sarcasm but it seems I failed. No one on the OL should be cut after this game. The Seahawks had their way with the Rams DL (arguably the best in the NFL). Much of that was due to the OL play. Fluker had a monster game.

Most of the Seahawk penalties were on the defensive side. I believe the offense only had about 3 penalties (two of which were on the last offensive drive). The defense on the other hand had an offsides, couple of PI, defensive holding, helmet to helmet, etc.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:16 pm
  • Re:Ifedi
    My brother told me that he read that Duane Brown has been taking Ifedi to school, or so to speak. Seems to be paying off to a degree.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:59 pm
  • Seanhawk wrote:
    seahawkfreak wrote:

He absolutely drove Suh backward and into the ground. The look on Sun's face as he watched the replay board was awesome. He seemed to play with a chip on his shoulder after that.
    Seahawks-Blazers-Mariners-Ducks
    cheese22
    NET Rookie

Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:27 pm

• This shows how well the line played. Not just Fluker.
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:19 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information