Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

A tale of two quarterbacks

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
A tale of two quarterbacks
Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:33 pm
  • Russel Wilson did today what he does best - management. A couple seasons ago I accepted that he was not the great star some thought him to be. He is a QB with some talents that are already in decline (namely speed) and some deficiencies that he has yet to significantly improve upon. He needs a legit running game to take the pressure of him having to stay in the pocket and pass - that's just not his game and it never will be. My sense is the coaching staff has also come to this realization and is trying to reform the offense around that fact. The O-line has improved which is both helping Russ and whatever back happens to be running the ball but unfortunately, against tougher defenses, we'll likely be looking at some very lopsided losses. (0-10 on 3rd downs? Ooof.)

    Josh Rosen had his first NFL start at QB. His team lost - barely, but it felt like a win. The rookie has undeniable talent and there were stretches when he put on a passing display that would have stood comfortable with the likes of Brady and Rodgers. The stats don't tell the truth because of some dropped passes that most certainly should have been receptions. It was as if the Arizona receivers weren't used to someone throwing the ball with such remarkable precision.

    Though 0-4 now, the Cardinals feel like a team on the move.

    The 2-2 Seahawks feel like a team running on, and out of, the fumes of its once dominant past which was perfectly, and tragically, given a visual confirmation of that fact with Earl Thomas being carted off the field as he flipped the bird to the Seahawks sideline.

    Bummer for Seahawks fans but looking forward to seeing what kind of season Mr. Rosen ends up with. He sure was fun to watch today.
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1676
    Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:10 pm


Re: A tale of two quarterbacks
Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:35 pm
  • Yeah i would love to trade places with Arizona team that is 0-4 then this Seahawks team that has Wilson & Wagner.
    User avatar
    rcaido
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 588
    Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:47 pm


Re: A tale of two quarterbacks
Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:36 pm
  • semiahmoo wrote:Russel Wilson did today what he does best - management. A couple seasons ago I accepted that he was not the great star some thought him to be. He is a QB with some talents that are already in decline (namely speed) and some deficiencies that he has yet to significantly improve upon. He needs a legit running game to take the pressure of him having to stay in the pocket and pass - that's just not his game and it never will be. My sense is the coaching staff has also come to this realization and is trying to reform the offense around that fact. The O-line has improved which is both helping Russ and whatever back happens to be running the ball but unfortunately, against tougher defenses, we'll likely be looking at some very lopsided losses. (0-10 on 3rd downs? Ooof.)

    Josh Rosen had his first NFL start at QB. His team lost - barely, but it felt like a win. The rookie has undeniable talent and there were stretches when he put on a passing display that would have stood comfortable with the likes of Brady and Rodgers. The stats don't tell the truth because of some dropped passes that most certainly should have been receptions. It was as if the Arizona receivers weren't used to someone throwing the ball with such remarkable precision.

    Though 0-4 now, the Cardinals feel like a team on the move.

    The 2-2 Seahawks feel like a team running on, and out of, the fumes of its once dominant past which was perfectly, and tragically, given a visual confirmation of that fact with Earl Thomas being carted off the field as he flipped the bird to the Seahawks sideline.

    Bummer for Seahawks fans but looking forward to seeing what kind of season Mr. Rosen ends up with. He sure was fun to watch today.


    Well good to know you will be leaving and watching the Cardinals in the future, those of us that have went through thick and thin with the Seahawks before will do so again, we will see you back once were dominant again I am sure.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 25050
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: A tale of two quarterbacks
Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:40 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    semiahmoo wrote:Russel Wilson did today what he does best - management. A couple seasons ago I accepted that he was not the great star some thought him to be. He is a QB with some talents that are already in decline (namely speed) and some deficiencies that he has yet to significantly improve upon. He needs a legit running game to take the pressure of him having to stay in the pocket and pass - that's just not his game and it never will be. My sense is the coaching staff has also come to this realization and is trying to reform the offense around that fact. The O-line has improved which is both helping Russ and whatever back happens to be running the ball but unfortunately, against tougher defenses, we'll likely be looking at some very lopsided losses. (0-10 on 3rd downs? Ooof.)

    Josh Rosen had his first NFL start at QB. His team lost - barely, but it felt like a win. The rookie has undeniable talent and there were stretches when he put on a passing display that would have stood comfortable with the likes of Brady and Rodgers. The stats don't tell the truth because of some dropped passes that most certainly should have been receptions. It was as if the Arizona receivers weren't used to someone throwing the ball with such remarkable precision.

    Though 0-4 now, the Cardinals feel like a team on the move.

    The 2-2 Seahawks feel like a team running on, and out of, the fumes of its once dominant past which was perfectly, and tragically, given a visual confirmation of that fact with Earl Thomas being carted off the field as he flipped the bird to the Seahawks sideline.

    Bummer for Seahawks fans but looking forward to seeing what kind of season Mr. Rosen ends up with. He sure was fun to watch today.


    Well good to know you will be leaving and watching the Cardinals in the future, those of us that have went through thick and thin with the Seahawks before will do so again, we will see you back once were dominant again I am sure.


    Nah, been with the Hawks since the 70's. Just calling it like it is with a current 99.03% accuracy rating.

    Carry on...
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1676
    Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:10 pm


Re: A tale of two quarterbacks
Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:45 pm
  • If Matt Nagy was our head coach, the Seahawks would probably be 4-0 right now. I’d love to see an Andy Reid disciple with Russell Wilson.
    User avatar
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1871
    Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:12 am


Re: A tale of two quarterbacks
Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:47 pm
  • Semiahmoo,

    I disagree with your take wholeheartedly.

    Honestly, do you see any imagination whatsoever in the offense? Do you think that Wilson would thrive in lets say the Ram's offense?

    If the answer is no then you could be right.
    Bevell's Bubble Busted
    User avatar
    bevellisthedevil
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1240
    Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:43 pm
    Location: davenport


Re: A tale of two quarterbacks
Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:47 pm
  • Steve2222 wrote:If Matt Nagy was our head coach, the Seahawks would probably be 4-0 right now. I’d love to see an Andy Reid disciple with Russell Wilson.


    Bears sure looked good today. Again, they have a feel of a team on the move. 48 points! Wow.

    The Seahawks might be moving but after a sloppy win against a weak team it feels like that move is backwards.
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1676
    Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:10 pm


Re: A tale of two quarterbacks
Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:47 pm
  • semiahmoo wrote:Russel Wilson did today what he does best - management. A couple seasons ago I accepted that he was not the great star some thought him to be. He is a QB with some talents that are already in decline (namely speed) and some deficiencies that he has yet to significantly improve upon. He needs a legit running game to take the pressure of him having to stay in the pocket and pass - that's just not his game and it never will be. My sense is the coaching staff has also come to this realization and is trying to reform the offense around that fact. The O-line has improved which is both helping Russ and whatever back happens to be running the ball but unfortunately, against tougher defenses, we'll likely be looking at some very lopsided losses. (0-10 on 3rd downs? Ooof.)

    Josh Rosen had his first NFL start at QB. His team lost - barely, but it felt like a win. The rookie has undeniable talent and there were stretches when he put on a passing display that would have stood comfortable with the likes of Brady and Rodgers. The stats don't tell the truth because of some dropped passes that most certainly should have been receptions. It was as if the Arizona receivers weren't used to someone throwing the ball with such remarkable precision.

    Though 0-4 now, the Cardinals feel like a team on the move.

    The 2-2 Seahawks feel like a team running on, and out of, the fumes of its once dominant past which was perfectly, and tragically, given a visual confirmation of that fact with Earl Thomas being carted off the field as he flipped the bird to the Seahawks sideline.

    Bummer for Seahawks fans but looking forward to seeing what kind of season Mr. Rosen ends up with. He sure was fun to watch today.


    *Farts* leaves thread.
    User avatar
    Slick
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1078
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:52 am
    Location: Woodinville, WA


Re: A tale of two quarterbacks
Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:50 pm
  • semiahmoo wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    semiahmoo wrote:Russel Wilson did today what he does best - management. A couple seasons ago I accepted that he was not the great star some thought him to be. He is a QB with some talents that are already in decline (namely speed) and some deficiencies that he has yet to significantly improve upon. He needs a legit running game to take the pressure of him having to stay in the pocket and pass - that's just not his game and it never will be. My sense is the coaching staff has also come to this realization and is trying to reform the offense around that fact. The O-line has improved which is both helping Russ and whatever back happens to be running the ball but unfortunately, against tougher defenses, we'll likely be looking at some very lopsided losses. (0-10 on 3rd downs? Ooof.)

    Josh Rosen had his first NFL start at QB. His team lost - barely, but it felt like a win. The rookie has undeniable talent and there were stretches when he put on a passing display that would have stood comfortable with the likes of Brady and Rodgers. The stats don't tell the truth because of some dropped passes that most certainly should have been receptions. It was as if the Arizona receivers weren't used to someone throwing the ball with such remarkable precision.

    Though 0-4 now, the Cardinals feel like a team on the move.

    The 2-2 Seahawks feel like a team running on, and out of, the fumes of its once dominant past which was perfectly, and tragically, given a visual confirmation of that fact with Earl Thomas being carted off the field as he flipped the bird to the Seahawks sideline.

    Bummer for Seahawks fans but looking forward to seeing what kind of season Mr. Rosen ends up with. He sure was fun to watch today.


    Well good to know you will be leaving and watching the Cardinals in the future, those of us that have went through thick and thin with the Seahawks before will do so again, we will see you back once were dominant again I am sure.


    Nah, been with the Hawks since the 70's. Just calling it like it is with a current 99.03% accuracy rating.

    Carry on...



    Let's see... 90.5 QBR for Russ, he was only sacked twice and we had a 100yd rusher (second stringer) and another with almost 50yds?? It was an ugly win.. but I'll take it. This offense is growing. Back to Back 100yd games. HELL YEAH hit them in the mouth.
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

    Image
    User avatar
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2144
    Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:26 am


Re: A tale of two quarterbacks
Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:55 pm
  • bevellisthedevil wrote:Semiahmoo,

    I disagree with your take wholeheartedly.

    Honestly, do you see any imagination whatsoever in the offense? Do you think that Wilson would thrive in lets say the Ram's offense?

    If the answer is no then you could be right.


    Imagination? Very little. That's why I said they have Wilson doing what he does best - managing.

    It's doing just enough to give us a chance, like today, to beat an almost equally sucky team. It also leaves us vulnerable to losing to such teams while getting whooped by better ones.

    Combined with a defenses that is mid-tier and we have a team as a whole that is clearly on the decline.

    The Seahawks best years were when Wilson was not looked to lead the team but help to manage the offense. He had Beastmode to fall back on and a world-class defense that would brutalize opposing offenses. Lynch would pummel teams for a couple quarters, and their defense would come out tired and more often than not, our offense would light it up by the 3rd quarter and we would cruise to a win.

    These days we still have a "good" but not "great" QB who is best at helping manage the offense but not necessarily lead it, a lukewarm running game, and a much weaker defense.

    As of right now if I were given the choice to do an even swap of Wilson for Rosen (including Rosen's far lesser salary) I would do it in a second. Sure, might seem crazy, but I just don't have faith Russel Wilson will ever be the QB to lead this team back to the SB. (and that goes double for Pete Carroll.)
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1676
    Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:10 pm


Re: A tale of two quarterbacks
Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:56 pm
  • Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    semiahmoo wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    semiahmoo wrote:Russel Wilson did today what he does best - management. A couple seasons ago I accepted that he was not the great star some thought him to be. He is a QB with some talents that are already in decline (namely speed) and some deficiencies that he has yet to significantly improve upon. He needs a legit running game to take the pressure of him having to stay in the pocket and pass - that's just not his game and it never will be. My sense is the coaching staff has also come to this realization and is trying to reform the offense around that fact. The O-line has improved which is both helping Russ and whatever back happens to be running the ball but unfortunately, against tougher defenses, we'll likely be looking at some very lopsided losses. (0-10 on 3rd downs? Ooof.)

    Josh Rosen had his first NFL start at QB. His team lost - barely, but it felt like a win. The rookie has undeniable talent and there were stretches when he put on a passing display that would have stood comfortable with the likes of Brady and Rodgers. The stats don't tell the truth because of some dropped passes that most certainly should have been receptions. It was as if the Arizona receivers weren't used to someone throwing the ball with such remarkable precision.

    Though 0-4 now, the Cardinals feel like a team on the move.

    The 2-2 Seahawks feel like a team running on, and out of, the fumes of its once dominant past which was perfectly, and tragically, given a visual confirmation of that fact with Earl Thomas being carted off the field as he flipped the bird to the Seahawks sideline.

    Bummer for Seahawks fans but looking forward to seeing what kind of season Mr. Rosen ends up with. He sure was fun to watch today.


    Well good to know you will be leaving and watching the Cardinals in the future, those of us that have went through thick and thin with the Seahawks before will do so again, we will see you back once were dominant again I am sure.


    Nah, been with the Hawks since the 70's. Just calling it like it is with a current 99.03% accuracy rating.

    Carry on...



    Let's see... 90.5 QBR for Russ, he was only sacked twice and we had a 100yd rusher (second stringer) and another with almost 50yds?? It was an ugly win.. but I'll take it. This offense is growing. Back to Back 100yd games. HELL YEAH hit them in the mouth.


    Totally agree that if Wilson is to have any chance to help w/a victory we need a running game. He is simply not the kind of QB who can lead a team on his talent alone because that talent is increasingly overshadowed by deficiencies.
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1676
    Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:10 pm


Re: A tale of two quarterbacks
Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:59 pm
  • So Russ has the running game. But the offense has lost some dynamism.

    Be nice to have both heading into 2nd quarter of season
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13727
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: A tale of two quarterbacks
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:00 pm
  • Let's see... the QB with the all time most wins in Seahawks' history or a QB who has yet to win a game...
    User avatar
    MrThortan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1566
    Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:57 pm


Re: A tale of two quarterbacks
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:04 pm
  • Sorry, but what a pathetic excuse for a thread


    Your bias towards Wilson can't have anything to do with actual football. Does he talk too robotic for you or something? Too short? Tell us what's really going on.

    Your bias towards Wilson is so deep, so irrational and illogical...that you're comparing Josh Rosen...who barely had pressure on him all day....to Brady and Rodgers? So Rosen gets elevated after one game, likely because he LOOKS like a typical pocket QB. But the Quarterback who led us to a 9-7 record with no running game and accounted for 34 of our 35 TDs last year...deserves this kind of belittling?

    Whatever dude. Go be a Cardinals fan. This thread just bolsters the point I and others have made on here which is that some fans on here are going out of their way to diminish Russell Wilson at any costs. And if he starts to light it up, you and a few others on here will give 100% of the credit to Schotty. And not the QB under center who's the only hope for this team
    User avatar
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 820
    Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:05 am


Re: A tale of two quarterbacks
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:16 pm
  • He looks worse now in the game manager role than he ever did. The guy is a star. Build the offense around him.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3281
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


Re: A tale of two quarterbacks
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:18 pm
  • Scorpion05 wrote:Sorry, but what a pathetic excuse for a thread


    Your bias towards Wilson can't have anything to do with actual football. Does he talk too robotic for you or something? Too short? Tell us what's really going on.

    Your bias towards Wilson is so deep, so irrational and illogical...that you're comparing Josh Rosen...who barely had pressure on him all day....to Brady and Rodgers? So Rosen gets elevated after one game, likely because he LOOKS like a typical pocket QB. But the Quarterback who led us to a 9-7 record with no running game and accounted for 34 of our 35 TDs last year...deserves this kind of belittling?

    Whatever dude. Go be a Cardinals fan. This thread just bolsters the point I and others have made on here which is that some fans on here are going out of their way to diminish Russell Wilson at any costs. And if he starts to light it up, you and a few others on here will give 100% of the credit to Schotty. And not the QB under center who's the only hope for this team


    Truth. Pure truth.

    We know what Wilson can do; he’s a phenom. Was the last half of 2015 a dream? That’s not a game manager. That’s a freaking BOSS.
    User avatar
    LoneHawkFan
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 459
    Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:34 am


Re: A tale of two quarterbacks
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:18 pm
  • semiahmoo wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    semiahmoo wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    Well good to know you will be leaving and watching the Cardinals in the future, those of us that have went through thick and thin with the Seahawks before will do so again, we will see you back once were dominant again I am sure.


    Nah, been with the Hawks since the 70's. Just calling it like it is with a current 99.03% accuracy rating.

    Carry on...



    Let's see... 90.5 QBR for Russ, he was only sacked twice and we had a 100yd rusher (second stringer) and another with almost 50yds?? It was an ugly win.. but I'll take it. This offense is growing. Back to Back 100yd games. HELL YEAH hit them in the mouth.


    Totally agree that if Wilson is to have any chance to help w/a victory we need a running game. He is simply not the kind of QB who can lead a team on his talent alone because that talent is increasingly overshadowed by deficiencies.


    He carried the team with his arm pretty well last season :irishdrinkers:
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

    Image
    User avatar
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2144
    Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:26 am


Re: A tale of two quarterbacks
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:19 pm
  • rcaido wrote:Yeah i would love to trade places with Arizona team that is 0-4 then this Seahawks team that has Wilson & Wagner.

    LOLOL, it amazes me how some jokers purposely IGNORE a couple of unusual things that Wilson did in this game today, example; Lead Blocking, not once, but TWICE for Mike Davis, and BOTH times Davis gained really good yardage.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6561
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


Re: A tale of two quarterbacks
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:25 pm
  • semiahmoo wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    semiahmoo wrote:Russel Wilson did today what he does best - management. A couple seasons ago I accepted that he was not the great star some thought him to be. He is a QB with some talents that are already in decline (namely speed) and some deficiencies that he has yet to significantly improve upon. He needs a legit running game to take the pressure of him having to stay in the pocket and pass - that's just not his game and it never will be. My sense is the coaching staff has also come to this realization and is trying to reform the offense around that fact. The O-line has improved which is both helping Russ and whatever back happens to be running the ball but unfortunately, against tougher defenses, we'll likely be looking at some very lopsided losses. (0-10 on 3rd downs? Ooof.)

    Josh Rosen had his first NFL start at QB. His team lost - barely, but it felt like a win. The rookie has undeniable talent and there were stretches when he put on a passing display that would have stood comfortable with the likes of Brady and Rodgers. The stats don't tell the truth because of some dropped passes that most certainly should have been receptions. It was as if the Arizona receivers weren't used to someone throwing the ball with such remarkable precision.

    Though 0-4 now, the Cardinals feel like a team on the move.

    The 2-2 Seahawks feel like a team running on, and out of, the fumes of its once dominant past which was perfectly, and tragically, given a visual confirmation of that fact with Earl Thomas being carted off the field as he flipped the bird to the Seahawks sideline.

    Bummer for Seahawks fans but looking forward to seeing what kind of season Mr. Rosen ends up with. He sure was fun to watch today.


    Well good to know you will be leaving and watching the Cardinals in the future, those of us that have went through thick and thin with the Seahawks before will do so again, we will see you back once were dominant again I am sure.


    Nah, been with the Hawks since the 70's. Just calling it like it is with a current 99.03% accuracy rating.

    Carry on...

    No, YOU'RE the on that's "Carrying On"
    People who piss & moan when we get a Road Win, and lose two STUD players in that game, are light weights.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6561
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


Re: A tale of two quarterbacks
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:28 pm
  • semiahmoo wrote:Russel Wilson did today what he does best - management. A couple seasons ago I accepted that he was not the great star some thought him to be. He is a QB with some talents that are already in decline (namely speed) and some deficiencies that he has yet to significantly improve upon. He needs a legit running game to take the pressure of him having to stay in the pocket and pass - that's just not his game and it never will be. My sense is the coaching staff has also come to this realization and is trying to reform the offense around that fact.


    You mean after what he did down the stretch in 2015....one of the best stretches of play a QB has ever had in the NFL? You determined that he was no better than a game manager after that? Wow.
    User avatar
    LoneHawkFan
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 459
    Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:34 am


Re: A tale of two quarterbacks
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:35 pm
  • Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    semiahmoo wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    semiahmoo wrote:
    Nah, been with the Hawks since the 70's. Just calling it like it is with a current 99.03% accuracy rating.

    Carry on...



    Let's see... 90.5 QBR for Russ, he was only sacked twice and we had a 100yd rusher (second stringer) and another with almost 50yds?? It was an ugly win.. but I'll take it. This offense is growing. Back to Back 100yd games. HELL YEAH hit them in the mouth.


    Totally agree that if Wilson is to have any chance to help w/a victory we need a running game. He is simply not the kind of QB who can lead a team on his talent alone because that talent is increasingly overshadowed by deficiencies.


    He carried the team with his arm pretty well last season :irishdrinkers:



    Must have missed that deep run into the playoffs that we made last season... ;)
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1676
    Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:10 pm


Re: A tale of two quarterbacks
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:37 pm
  • scutterhawk wrote:
    rcaido wrote:Yeah i would love to trade places with Arizona team that is 0-4 then this Seahawks team that has Wilson & Wagner.

    LOLOL, it amazes me how some jokers purposely IGNORE a couple of unusual things that Wilson did in this game today, example; Lead Blocking, not once, but TWICE for Mike Davis, and BOTH times Davis gained really good yardage.



    Very true - Wilson has many talents and I've never once questioned his desire/tenacity/grit/or his being a class act.

    He's just the QB to lead this team to another SB run - but that's not entirely his fault either as I've repeatedly indicated in recent seasons.
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1676
    Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:10 pm


Re: A tale of two quarterbacks
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:38 pm
  • semiahmoo wrote:
    Totally agree that if Wilson is to have any chance to help w/a victory we need a running game. He is simply not the kind of QB who can lead a team on his talent alone because that talent is increasingly overshadowed by deficiencies.

    The second half of 2015 PROVES that this POST^^^^^ is full of dung.
    Wilson WAS the leading rusher last season, hell, he was MORE THAN 80% of the entire Offense last year. :141847_bnono:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6561
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


Re: A tale of two quarterbacks
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:38 pm
  • scutterhawk wrote:
    rcaido wrote:Yeah i would love to trade places with Arizona team that is 0-4 then this Seahawks team that has Wilson & Wagner.

    LOLOL, it amazes me how some jokers purposely IGNORE a couple of unusual things that Wilson did in this game today, example; Lead Blocking, not once, but TWICE for Mike Davis, and BOTH times Davis gained really good yardage.


    Wilson does this a couple times a year. I think only Fig Newton does this too. Rest qb wouldn't even try it because the afraid to break a nail.
    User avatar
    rcaido
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 588
    Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:47 pm


Re: A tale of two quarterbacks
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:41 pm
  • scutterhawk wrote:
    semiahmoo wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    semiahmoo wrote:Russel Wilson did today what he does best - management. A couple seasons ago I accepted that he was not the great star some thought him to be. He is a QB with some talents that are already in decline (namely speed) and some deficiencies that he has yet to significantly improve upon. He needs a legit running game to take the pressure of him having to stay in the pocket and pass - that's just not his game and it never will be. My sense is the coaching staff has also come to this realization and is trying to reform the offense around that fact. The O-line has improved which is both helping Russ and whatever back happens to be running the ball but unfortunately, against tougher defenses, we'll likely be looking at some very lopsided losses. (0-10 on 3rd downs? Ooof.)

    Josh Rosen had his first NFL start at QB. His team lost - barely, but it felt like a win. The rookie has undeniable talent and there were stretches when he put on a passing display that would have stood comfortable with the likes of Brady and Rodgers. The stats don't tell the truth because of some dropped passes that most certainly should have been receptions. It was as if the Arizona receivers weren't used to someone throwing the ball with such remarkable precision.

    Though 0-4 now, the Cardinals feel like a team on the move.

    The 2-2 Seahawks feel like a team running on, and out of, the fumes of its once dominant past which was perfectly, and tragically, given a visual confirmation of that fact with Earl Thomas being carted off the field as he flipped the bird to the Seahawks sideline.

    Bummer for Seahawks fans but looking forward to seeing what kind of season Mr. Rosen ends up with. He sure was fun to watch today.


    Well good to know you will be leaving and watching the Cardinals in the future, those of us that have went through thick and thin with the Seahawks before will do so again, we will see you back once were dominant again I am sure.


    Nah, been with the Hawks since the 70's. Just calling it like it is with a current 99.03% accuracy rating.

    Carry on...

    No, YOU'RE the on that's "Carrying On"
    People who piss & moan when we get a Road Win, and lose two STUD players in that game, are light weights.


    :2thumbs: :0190l:

    FYI: accuracy is now up to 99.07%.

    All I've said has come to pass - even those things I didn't want to.

    But that isn't important. A real-deal reset of this team is all that matters for it and the fans right now.

    Time for Pete to go. Time for fresh faces (some of which are already here and showing promise)

    I'm willing to give the next couple seasons of rebuilding a shot but before that happens people need to be willing to admit there's a problem - we're just not that good right now.

    Go Hawks!
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1676
    Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:10 pm


Re: A tale of two quarterbacks
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:44 pm
  • rcaido wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:
    rcaido wrote:Yeah i would love to trade places with Arizona team that is 0-4 then this Seahawks team that has Wilson & Wagner.

    LOLOL, it amazes me how some jokers purposely IGNORE a couple of unusual things that Wilson did in this game today, example; Lead Blocking, not once, but TWICE for Mike Davis, and BOTH times Davis gained really good yardage.


    Wilson does this a couple times a year. I think only Fig Newton does this too. Rest qb wouldn't even try it because the afraid to break a nail.



    Fig Newton?


    I miss those days when we had a real-deal rivalry with the Panthers. Those were good times.
    Last edited by Uncle Si on Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: Have a word with yourself
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1676
    Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:10 pm


Re: A tale of two quarterbacks
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:45 pm
  • semiahmoo wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:
    rcaido wrote:Yeah i would love to trade places with Arizona team that is 0-4 then this Seahawks team that has Wilson & Wagner.

    LOLOL, it amazes me how some jokers purposely IGNORE a couple of unusual things that Wilson did in this game today, example; Lead Blocking, not once, but TWICE for Mike Davis, and BOTH times Davis gained really good yardage.



    Very true - Wilson has many talents and I've never once questioned his desire/tenacity/grit/or his being a class act.

    He's just the QB to lead this team to another SB run - but that's not entirely his fault either as I've repeatedly indicated in recent seasons.

    I can only assume that you have another particular Quarterback in mind that could do the job better than Wilson?
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6561
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


Re: A tale of two quarterbacks
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:46 pm
  • semiahmoo wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    semiahmoo wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:

    Let's see... 90.5 QBR for Russ, he was only sacked twice and we had a 100yd rusher (second stringer) and another with almost 50yds?? It was an ugly win.. but I'll take it. This offense is growing. Back to Back 100yd games. HELL YEAH hit them in the mouth.


    Totally agree that if Wilson is to have any chance to help w/a victory we need a running game. He is simply not the kind of QB who can lead a team on his talent alone because that talent is increasingly overshadowed by deficiencies.


    He carried the team with his arm pretty well last season :irishdrinkers:



    Must have missed that deep run into the playoffs that we made last season... ;)


    Passing TD leader and Pro-Bowl 2017. Keep talking about how terrible he is without a running game.

    :177692: :177692: :177692:
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

    Image
    User avatar
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2144
    Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:26 am


Re: A tale of two quarterbacks
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:47 pm
  • All you have said has come to pass, like the declaration last year that it would Pete's last season if they didn't make a deep playoff run. Yet, here he is coaching again this year.
    User avatar
    MrThortan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1566
    Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:57 pm


Re: A tale of two quarterbacks
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:48 pm
  • Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    semiahmoo wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    semiahmoo wrote:
    Totally agree that if Wilson is to have any chance to help w/a victory we need a running game. He is simply not the kind of QB who can lead a team on his talent alone because that talent is increasingly overshadowed by deficiencies.


    He carried the team with his arm pretty well last season :irishdrinkers:



    Must have missed that deep run into the playoffs that we made last season... ;)


    Passing TD leader and Pro-Bowl 2017. Keep talking about how terrible he is without a running game.

    :177692: :177692: :177692:



    Only stats that matter are playoffs/Super Bowls - and right now our Seahawks aren't looking to be picking up any of those any time soon...
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1676
    Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:10 pm


Re: A tale of two quarterbacks
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:49 pm
  • rcaido wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:
    rcaido wrote:Yeah i would love to trade places with Arizona team that is 0-4 then this Seahawks team that has Wilson & Wagner.

    LOLOL, it amazes me how some jokers purposely IGNORE a couple of unusual things that Wilson did in this game today, example; Lead Blocking, not once, but TWICE for Mike Davis, and BOTH times Davis gained really good yardage.


    Wilson does this a couple times a year. I think only Fig Newton does this too. Rest qb wouldn't even try it because the afraid to break a nail.

    I think you meant to say Wayne Newton, eh? LOLOL
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6561
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


Re: A tale of two quarterbacks
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:49 pm
  • semiahmoo wrote:
    rcaido wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:
    rcaido wrote:Yeah i would love to trade places with Arizona team that is 0-4 then this Seahawks team that has Wilson & Wagner.

    LOLOL, it amazes me how some jokers purposely IGNORE a couple of unusual things that Wilson did in this game today, example; Lead Blocking, not once, but TWICE for Mike Davis, and BOTH times Davis gained really good yardage.


    Wilson does this a couple times a year. I think only Fig Newton does this too. Rest qb wouldn't even try it because the afraid to break a nail.



    Fig Newton?

    Hope that's not a bit of racism sneaking through there.

    I miss those days when we had a real-deal rivalry with the Panthers. Those were good times.


    How does that even come close to racism? Fig Newton..put pressure it crumbles.
    User avatar
    rcaido
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 588
    Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:47 pm


Re: A tale of two quarterbacks
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:49 pm
  • semiahmoo wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    semiahmoo wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    He carried the team with his arm pretty well last season :irishdrinkers:



    Must have missed that deep run into the playoffs that we made last season... ;)


    Passing TD leader and Pro-Bowl 2017. Keep talking about how terrible he is without a running game.

    :177692: :177692: :177692:



    Only stats that matter are playoffs/Super Bowls - and right now our Seahawks aren't looking to be picking up any of those any time soon...


    You were arguing that RW is a bad QB. It's a losing argument. Keep up here turbo.
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

    Image
    User avatar
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2144
    Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:26 am


Re: A tale of two quarterbacks
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:50 pm
  • MrThortan wrote:All you have said has come to pass, like the declaration last year that it would Pete's last season if they didn't make a deep playoff run. Yet, here he is coaching again this year.



    Indeed - but oh man did that come close. (See: massive coaching staff turnover, subsequent confirmation of internal team issues far more rampant widespread than previously reported, etc.)

    I love the team, warts and all - and that's why I am just keepin' it real.

    Go Hawks!
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1676
    Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:10 pm


Re: A tale of two quarterbacks
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:52 pm
  • MrThortan wrote:All you have said has come to pass, like the declaration last year that it would Pete's last season if they didn't make a deep playoff run. Yet, here he is coaching again this year.

    LOLOL yeah, I think I'll pass on his 99.07% "Keeping It Real" horse dung.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6561
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


Re: A tale of two quarterbacks
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:58 pm
  • Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    semiahmoo wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    semiahmoo wrote:

    Must have missed that deep run into the playoffs that we made last season... ;)


    Passing TD leader and Pro-Bowl 2017. Keep talking about how terrible he is without a running game.

    :177692: :177692: :177692:



    Only stats that matter are playoffs/Super Bowls - and right now our Seahawks aren't looking to be picking up any of those any time soon...


    You were arguing that RW is a bad QB. It's a losing argument. Keep up here turbo.


    Nope - that he's a limited QB. See multiple posts declaring him a "good" QB but not a "great" one.

    Stop the fake news. This isn't CNN bro! :lol: :lol: :lol:
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1676
    Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:10 pm


Re: A tale of two quarterbacks
Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:04 pm
  • semiahmoo wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    semiahmoo wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    Passing TD leader and Pro-Bowl 2017. Keep talking about how terrible he is without a running game.

    :177692: :177692: :177692:



    Only stats that matter are playoffs/Super Bowls - and right now our Seahawks aren't looking to be picking up any of those any time soon...


    You were arguing that RW is a bad QB. It's a losing argument. Keep up here turbo.


    Nope - that he's a limited QB. See multiple posts declaring him a "good" QB but not a "great" one.

    Stop the fake news. This isn't CNN bro! :lol: :lol: :lol:


    Yeah... great QBs win championships/division titles... play in pro bowls and set team records. :sarcasm_on: I wish we could find someone like that. :sarcasm_off:
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

    Image
    User avatar
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2144
    Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:26 am


Re: A tale of two quarterbacks
Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:05 pm
  • Wilson is struggling because we are forcing him to do what he does not do well, while doing everything we can to diminish the value and impact (use) of what he does well.

    Wilson throws well on the move. We keep him in the pocket.

    He is a tremendous asset for his ability to do well under pressure but also his ability to improvise. We force him to be predictable.

    He is a QB that does well by building into a rhythm. Until recently, we focused on boom/bust playcalls.

    Wilson is not the problem. Pete is.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3341
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:48 pm


Re: A tale of two quarterbacks
Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:07 pm
  • semiahmoo wrote:Russel Wilson did today what he does best - management. A couple seasons ago I accepted that he was not the great star some thought him to be. He is a QB with some talents that are already in decline (namely speed) and some deficiencies that he has yet to significantly improve upon. He needs a legit running game to take the pressure of him having to stay in the pocket and pass - that's just not his game and it never will be. My sense is the coaching staff has also come to this realization and is trying to reform the offense around that fact. The O-line has improved which is both helping Russ and whatever back happens to be running the ball but unfortunately, against tougher defenses, we'll likely be looking at some very lopsided losses. (0-10 on 3rd downs? Ooof.)

    Josh Rosen had his first NFL start at QB. His team lost - barely, but it felt like a win. The rookie has undeniable talent and there were stretches when he put on a passing display that would have stood comfortable with the likes of Brady and Rodgers. The stats don't tell the truth because of some dropped passes that most certainly should have been receptions. It was as if the Arizona receivers weren't used to someone throwing the ball with such remarkable precision.

    Though 0-4 now, the Cardinals feel like a team on the move.

    The 2-2 Seahawks feel like a team running on, and out of, the fumes of its once dominant past which was perfectly, and tragically, given a visual confirmation of that fact with Earl Thomas being carted off the field as he flipped the bird to the Seahawks sideline.

    Bummer for Seahawks fans but looking forward to seeing what kind of season Mr. Rosen ends up with. He sure was fun to watch today.


    you honestly have no idea what you're looking at or what you're talking about. Wilson will end up in the HOF. Great QB with very few weapons right now.
    Image
    "God Bless Russell Wilson"
    User avatar
    Chukarhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2361
    Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:14 pm


Re: A tale of two quarterbacks
Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:08 pm
  • It's a trap to give the QB too much credit for winning, or conversely, so much blame for losing. Anyone with two eyes and a brain realizes that RW has some limitations, but also some pretty unique qualities that a lot of teams would kill for.

    This thread brings up so many big-picture questions:
    How many "great" QBs are in the NFL right now? How many of the teams with a great QB have won a recent Superbowl?
    And Semiamoo, are you having fun?
    Grahamhawker
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1837
    Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:19 pm
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: A tale of two quarterbacks
Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:10 pm
  • Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    semiahmoo wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    semiahmoo wrote:

    Only stats that matter are playoffs/Super Bowls - and right now our Seahawks aren't looking to be picking up any of those any time soon...


    You were arguing that RW is a bad QB. It's a losing argument. Keep up here turbo.


    Nope - that he's a limited QB. See multiple posts declaring him a "good" QB but not a "great" one.

    Stop the fake news. This isn't CNN bro! :lol: :lol: :lol:


    Yeah... great QBs win championships/division titles... play in pro bowls and set team records. :sarcasm_on: I wish we could find someone like that. :sarcasm_off:


    No - great teams do that.

    Just ask all the great players who have left because too many wallowed in the ignorance of your opinion.

    And if you want to know what really happened, and what is likely to happen, just ask.

    I'm always willing to teach those willing to learn...
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1676
    Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:10 pm


Re: A tale of two quarterbacks
Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:15 pm
  • Grahamhawker wrote:It's a trap to give the QB too much credit for winning, or conversely, so much blame for losing. Anyone with two eyes and a brain realizes that RW has some limitations, but also some pretty unique qualities that a lot of teams would kill for.

    This thread brings up so many big-picture questions:
    How many "great" QBs are in the NFL right now? How many of the teams with a great QB have won a recent Superbowl?
    And Semiamoo, are you having fun?



    GREAT points - agree 100%

    The Seahawks were once a great team with a "good" QB, and world-class running game/defense/etc who all bought into the team dynamic.

    In more recent seasons, we are a team with a "good" QB but not a world-class running game/defense/etc., and a worsening internal dynamic.

    That spells major reset time, 2-3 seasons of rebuilding, and then, hopefully, 3-5 seasons of dominance once again.

    GO HAWKS!
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1676
    Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:10 pm


Re: A tale of two quarterbacks
Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:18 pm
  • semiahmoo wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    semiahmoo wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    You were arguing that RW is a bad QB. It's a losing argument. Keep up here turbo.


    Nope - that he's a limited QB. See multiple posts declaring him a "good" QB but not a "great" one.

    Stop the fake news. This isn't CNN bro! :lol: :lol: :lol:


    Yeah... great QBs win championships/division titles... play in pro bowls and set team records. :sarcasm_on: I wish we could find someone like that. :sarcasm_off:


    No - great teams do that.

    Just ask all the great players who have left because too many wallowed in the ignorance of your opinion.

    And if you want to know what really happened, and what is likely to happen, just ask.

    I'm always willing to teach those willing to learn...


    :snack: :snack: :snack: :snack: :snack: :snack: :snack: :snack: :snack: :snack: :snack: :snack: :snack: :snack:
    Look guys, we better listen up because.... We've got a real Clairvoyant here
    :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

    Image
    User avatar
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2144
    Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:26 am


Re: A tale of two quarterbacks
Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:19 pm
  • Or... you know... continue building the running game and defense

    Trying to push this narrative that it all needs to blow up is a masked attempt at irritation. You contradict yourself from post to post (certainly not 99% accurate) in that attempt.

    People have caught on.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13727
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: A tale of two quarterbacks
Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:20 pm
  • Grahamhawker wrote:It's a trap to give the QB too much credit for winning, or conversely, so much blame for losing. Anyone with two eyes and a brain realizes that RW has some limitations, but also some pretty unique qualities that a lot of teams would kill for.

    This thread brings up so many big-picture questions:
    How many "great" QBs are in the NFL right now? How many of the teams with a great QB have won a recent Superbowl?
    And Semiamoo, are you having fun?


    Oh, and to your last question.

    Sure. It's not the Seahawk's Reddit board but it's amusing if not terribly informative...
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1676
    Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:10 pm


Re: A tale of two quarterbacks
Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:34 pm
  • I'm just mad at Russell's performance because he's on my fantasy team but really I don't care too much as long as the team keeps winning.
    User avatar
    12thbrah
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 742
    Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:42 am


Re: A tale of two quarterbacks
Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:54 pm
  • semiahmoo wrote:
    Grahamhawker wrote:It's a trap to give the QB too much credit for winning, or conversely, so much blame for losing. Anyone with two eyes and a brain realizes that RW has some limitations, but also some pretty unique qualities that a lot of teams would kill for.

    This thread brings up so many big-picture questions:
    How many "great" QBs are in the NFL right now? How many of the teams with a great QB have won a recent Superbowl?
    And Semiamoo, are you having fun?


    Oh, and to your last question.

    Sure. It's not the Seahawk's Reddit board but it's amusing if not terribly informative...

    It's only "Informative" if you're learning something from the collective process from others in here, otherwise, it's just being contrary.
    NO ONE (except me) is ever 100 % correct, we all make mistakes (except me), I make lots of "Alterations", and the older you get the more "Alterations" you should be making, as oft-times it's one of the only ways to get your thinker back on the right track. :argue:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6561
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


Re: A tale of two quarterbacks
Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:56 pm
  • semiahmoo wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    semiahmoo wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    Passing TD leader and Pro-Bowl 2017. Keep talking about how terrible he is without a running game.

    :177692: :177692: :177692:



    Only stats that matter are playoffs/Super Bowls - and right now our Seahawks aren't looking to be picking up any of those any time soon...


    You were arguing that RW is a bad QB. It's a losing argument. Keep up here turbo.


    Nope - that he's a limited QB. See multiple posts declaring him a "good" QB but not a "great" one.

    Stop the fake news. This isn't CNN bro! :lol: :lol: :lol:


    No man, you said he was a game manager. That he’s not a star- he’s just a game manager. A game manager. Riddle me this, when was the last time (prior to RW in 2017) that someone you consider to be a game manager led his team in rushing and led the league in TDs with one of the worst offensive lines in the history of football? This is laughable; true comedy.

    But, I guess, in a semantic way, you’re spot on. He manages to win the vast majority of the games he plays in, managed to lead the team in rushing last year and he managed to lead the league in TDs. He’s managed to be one of the most successful QBs in the league in the last decade, and managed to have one of the best playoff records of any QB in that stretch. Not the very best, but not just “good”, and def not just a “game manager”. Laughable.

    The only problem with this team is Pete’s offensive philosophy. It’s not personnel, it’s not Russell’s deficiencies....it’s the juxtaposition of a “we’re going to dominate you” attitude on the defensive side of the ball and a “we need to do just enough to barely squeak out a win as long as the defense does it’s job” mentality on the offensive side. Those attitudes are not aligned. Not even when we were a great team.

    This is a philosophical issue at the root. The defensive players have revolted because of this- all of the pressure is on them. The philosophy dictates that.

    Pete is a great, no, fantastic coach. Of defensive skill sets and philosophy. Specific techniques, even.

    His defense, coupled with an offense that had a parallel attitude, would work into perpetuity in this league.
    User avatar
    LoneHawkFan
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 459
    Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:34 am


Re: A tale of two quarterbacks
Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:06 pm
  • Wilson could be a superstar with any OC who knew how to play to his strengths. Schottenheimer has turned Wilson into a stationary target in the pocket. This so called “next-level coaching” that schottenheimer was going to give RW has sapped him of the things that made him special.

    I don’t care what Wilson says, he can’t see in the pocket. He’s at his most dangerous when he’s on the move and he’s now relegated to a pocket that can hardly hold up.

    Move him. I understand keeping him in the pocket on a percentage of plays, but we should be moving him often to make sure he can see the field and make sure he has options other than taking sacks. Roll him left or right, he’s been very good either way.

    I was of the mind that we should fire Cable and give Bevell one year to see what he could do with a new OL coach. I was also of the mind that Schottenheimer is an awful OC. Nothing I have seen has even moved the meter toward Schottenheimer being remotely good.

    Sadly, I think the end of Carroll will be tied to his baffling coaching choices on offense. I love Pete, but he needs to take inventory on his coaching hires.
    User avatar
    endzorn
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2650
    Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:14 pm


Re: A tale of two quarterbacks
Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:12 pm
  • endzorn wrote:Wilson could be a superstar with any OC who knew how to play to his strengths. Schottenheimer has turned Wilson into a stationary target in the pocket. This so called “next-level coaching” that schottenheimer was going to give RW has sapped him of the things that made him special.

    I don’t care what Wilson says, he can’t see in the pocket. He’s at his most dangerous when he’s on the move and he’s now relegated to a pocket that can hardly hold up.

    Move him. I understand keeping him in the pocket on a percentage of plays, but we should be moving him often to make sure he can see the field and make sure he has options other than taking sacks. Roll him left or right, he’s been very good either way.

    I was of the mind that we should fire Cable and give Bevell one year to see what he could do with a new OL coach. I was also of the mind that Schottenheimer is an awful OC. Nothing I have seen has even moved the meter toward Schottenheimer being remotely good.

    Sadly, I think the end of Carroll will be tied to his baffling coaching choices on offense. I love Pete, but he needs to take inventory on his coaching hires.


    Completely agree Wilson is too short to be a consistent pocket passer.

    Problem is he already seems slower and getting more so to continue being a the consistent scramble threat he once was.

    Which comes to the discussion of longer term viability as a top-tier QB. I'm of the belief he is not - most especially not without some serious talent around him. The problem is that his big $$$$ contract negated that ability to provide him that serious talent and so his weaknesses have been further exposed.

    The only stat that matters is winning and we haven't been a playoff-winning/legit Super Bowl threat for some time now and it's not looking like that is going to miraculously change this season.

    Thus, reset time which means telling Pete goodbye, and if need be, Russel as well.

    And I say that as a big Russel Wilson fan on a personal level.
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1676
    Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:10 pm


Next


It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:31 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online