Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Penny time!

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Penny time!
Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:35 am
  • lukerguy wrote:I liked Penny as a sprinkle home run hitter after Davis bludgeoned them but didn't anyone else notice them exclusively using Penny in the 2nd half?

The offense was far less efficient without Davis's 4-5 yard carries. I think Pete tried to "ride the hot hand" rather than sticking with his philosophy of being more physical than the other team.

Greg Bell just tweeted this....

Know I'm beating a drum here, but in LA Rashaad Penny had just 1 carry (in hurry-up late in the half) from after his 56 yds on consecutive runs, including the 18-yard TD with 3:42 left 1Q, until 9:15 left in the 3rd. In that span #Seahawks⁠ ⁠ went from up 14-7 to down 20-14.
    Hasselbeck wrote:Matt Flynn should be our starter. Wilson is nothing more than a backup and will never amount to anything in this league.
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:29 pm

• :lol:
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:31 pm
  • hawknation2018 wrote:

:lol:

I'm ready to see that get put to skin! And damned do chest tattoos hurt.
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:01 pm
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:50 pm
  • brimsalabim wrote:This info comes from the Yahoo fantasy adviser app so take it with a grain of salt but I read that Penny put himself in the dog house by reporting over weight and out of shape. The write up stated that while he has now lost weight he has had "ball security issues" in practice.

#fakenews , Penny said weight reports were false.
    Hasselbeck wrote:Matt Flynn should be our starter. Wilson is nothing more than a backup and will never amount to anything in this league.
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:01 pm
  • ImTheScientist wrote:
    brimsalabim wrote:This info comes from the Yahoo fantasy adviser app so take it with a grain of salt but I read that Penny put himself in the dog house by reporting over weight and out of shape. The write up stated that while he has now lost weight he has had "ball security issues" in practice.

BS. Pete himself talked about it and Pete is the king of cutting the player slack.
    Carroll was asked what he meant with several postgame comments about how Seattle's coaches had been sternly pushing Penny and "challenging him to get right."

"Just to continue to push in all areas, to tax himself in all aspects of it," Carroll said. "Ball has come real easy to him in his career, as he showed [during] such a fantastic senior year and all of that. He just needed to keep working, and that meant the way he practiced and taking advantage of every rep and watching how he eats and how he takes care of himself and how he works in the offseason and the off-field program. Just everything. Just helping him grow. He's got a great attitude about it. He's been wonderful to work with and all that, but we're just showing him the way, and he benefited from it."

Penny mentioned "growing up" 2-3 weeks ago. Likely laying off the all night video games he has admitted to. :177692:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:31 pm
  • ImTheScientist wrote:
    brimsalabim wrote:This info comes from the Yahoo fantasy adviser app so take it with a grain of salt but I read that Penny put himself in the dog house by reporting over weight and out of shape. The write up stated that while he has now lost weight he has had "ball security issues" in practice.

Ball security issues? Now that's a new twist.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:32 am
  • Stop..........Penny time
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Previous

It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:59 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information