Penny time!

hawknation2018

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1046483147574063105[/tweet]

Hoping Davis gets a lot of carries now.

bighawk

Reaction score
Its your time son get it done. I still believe in you.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
hawknation2018":nznfyk9m said:

Hoping Davis gets a lot of carries now.

Told ya.

Davis time!!!

Lol

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score

OP
OP
ImTheScientist

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
this staff needs fired. It’s painfully obvious they are not intelligent.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":3mrdehem said:

Possibly, but it's not because of Penny. Davis is running strong out there.

toffee

Reaction score
I like to opin that the coaching staffs are doing the right thing on Penny, only put him out there or carry when he could be successful. Penny had a tough off season and first three games, haters like toffee was real tough on him. Coaches are rebuilding his confidence, and doing a GOOD job.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":9kzzuxyg said:

Davis was the better back today and it wasn’t even close.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Yxes1122":39us5946 said:
ImTheScientist":39us5946 said:

I've been saying it all year. People thought I was crazy. Mike Davis is a lot closer to Carson than Penny is, at least for now. Penny has the higher ceiling of course.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":1110clxr said:
Yxes1122":1110clxr said:
ImTheScientist":1110clxr said:

I've been saying it all year. People thought I was crazy. Mike Davis is a lot closer to Carson than Penny is, at least for now. Penny has the higher ceiling of course.

Penny has a high ceiling but he has CMike syndrome. He’s indecisive. You saw it on a few of the carries late in the game. When the hole is there and obvious, he’s fine but when it’s a slow developing play where he needs to be patient, he’s not there.

He’s a rookie so I’m hopeful for the future but man, it’s hard to be excited about Penny when you see guys like Kerryon Johnson, Sony Michel, Royce Freeman and Nick Chubb all playing better.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
It's way too early to call anything on Penny, but I think it's safe to say he has underwhelmed. A lot of that has to do with the time he missed in training camp. I don't like to give a fair evaluation of a player until they are on their second season, but he's got a long way to go. Right now, he doesn't even look like an NFL back. He looks extremely hesitant with the ball. He needs to trust his eyes and hit the hole.

He's not a bust, but he is on his way there unless he gets better. This is the NFL not MLB, you expect results from your first round picks almost right away. Still too early to call it, but he needs to become a better player.

Optimus25

Reaction score
I think penny does choppy feet too often. He is way too used to collegiate defenses in which he has time to dance and juke and all that, but in the nfl he has about one chance to do something and then he has to get north and south. It’s like he thinks his job is to break everything instead of just getting yards.

AgentDib

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2uohprf8 said:
You can support a player without needing to tear everyone else down to make them look better. Penny missed a huge chunk of time in his only NFL preseason and just isn't our best option at the moment. That's not a referendum on Penny, and it's OK to be happy that Davis played great today without hating on Penny at the same time. Penny also did well today.

sutz

Reaction score
Davis did great!

Penny did OK. He made some tough yards. I'm good with him getting spot carries as he develops.

Will love to see Carson back, of course.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2d9nhgci said:

Your threads and posts regarding RB analysis are pure garbage and/or trolling. Mike Davis just ran for 101 yards, 2 TD and 4.8 avg. Carson 102 hard fought yards last week and you’re still butthurt over your 1st round reach hero not starting. Your favoritism for certain RBs and disdain for all others is truly bizarre. You were emphatic about Kiero Small, Fat Lacy and now a very average looking one, albeit a rookie.

Penny was nice in a few runs today but why can’t folks just appreciate when we have any RB that does well for us?

chris98251

Reaction score
Just for a reminder, Ricky Watters kept Shaun Alexander on the bench most his rookie year.

Latest posts