Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

The Roughing the Passer Penalty on Crawford.....

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Was a load of shit.
    The call may be text book by the new pussy rule they are pushing....so in other words the rule is BS and is hurting the game and it's reputation for being a tough sport.

This rule is a huge mistake!! :141847_bnono: :snack:

Seymour
    NET Veteran

• So bad. Shoot, there are QB's in the league that are talking about how dumb this rule is. More recently, Flacco and Erin Rodgers.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• Yep, stupid penalty stupid rule!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• I actually thought they were going to flag him for lowering his helmet and spearing. Seems to me that was more of a foul than "landing on him."

:229031_shrug:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• Aren't teams trying to encourage safer Rugby style tackling like the Hawks do? Wrap and twist. Maybe these guys need to work on the fundamentals some more and watch the Hawk tackling video one more time.

The rule is the prime example of the NFL knowing where its bread is buttered and its based on scoring and passing yards.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran

• SoulfishHawk wrote:So bad. Shoot, there are QB's in the league that are talking about how dumb this rule is. More recently, Flacco and Erin Rodgers.

I hate the rule change, but I do love that it's basically the Erin Rodgers rule and has already screwed his team twice.
    T-Hawk
    NET Practice Squad

• The new rule is fine. They should follow how the Seahawks do their shoulder tackles
    poly1274
    NET Rookie

• sutz wrote:I actually thought they were going to flag him for lowering his helmet and spearing. Seems to me that was more of a foul than "landing on him."

:229031_shrug:

Think he's lowering his head to put in on the chest as opposed to ending up with helmet to helmet contact.

By the new rule he did but the majority of his weight on the QB as they fell. Not sure how you avoid that other than wrapping and twisting which seems like yet another injury risk if the QBs feet get stuck or tangled. Seems like it's almost impossible to legally tackle from the front.
    Osprey
    NET Starter

• He tackled the QB, nothing more.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• The rule is dumb, but this guy had plenty of time to alter his tackle, hit Russ at the waist and avoid landing on him. Everyone knows what the rule says, so I don't have much sympathy for players that can't avoid this. Doesn't hurt that it's the Packers Clay Mathews that can't seem to get it right.
    Russell has some stats that aren't Superb? Ow! Love his balls anyways!

SC
    StoneCold
    NET Veteran

• These calls are jokes. If you can't take being hit then don't play football. Quit ruining the game.

Seahawks got a roughing the kicker penalty earlier in the game too. That was weak sauce. The Dallas punter was barely touched.
    Last edited by hawkfan68 on Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

• Tom Brady rule
    Floridahawk79
    NET Veteran

• Pile driving has never been OK on the QB. I dont like the constant rule changes every season.

A catch is just a catch. A tackle a tackle. Leading with the helmet and bodyslamming seems fairly obvious to me.

Less yellow flags is definitely a better product.
    Michael Dickson, P, Texas: 2018 Adopt a Probowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

• Mad Dog wrote:Aren't teams trying to encourage safer Rugby style tackling like the Hawks do? Wrap and twist. Maybe these guys need to work on the fundamentals some more and watch the Hawk tackling video one more time.

The rule is the prime example of the NFL knowing where its bread is buttered and its based on scoring and passing yards.

This is correct.

Long term noone cares if the defenders like it ir not. The QBs and impact offensive players need to be protected.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Adapt and evolve. The NFL is a physical sport that changes the entire outcome of people’s lives. The NFL is starting to lean more towards skill, rather than senseless violence. That balance is great for the future of the league, especially with so many parents deciding they don’t want their kids playing football
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran

• Scorpion05 wrote:Adapt and evolve. The NFL is a physical sport that changes the entire outcome of people’s lives. The NFL is starting to lean more towards skill, rather than senseless violence. That balance is great for the future of the league, especially with so many parents deciding they don’t want their kids playing football

LALALALALA, Yes we hear that all the time from round ballers, but tell me what the minimum Soccer contract is, also tell me how many people in the US use that as a tool to get out of their environment.

It's middle class and above that don't want Jimmy being hit, people that are less fortunate that use their athletic skill to get a education and make a life outside the environment they grew up in and then go back hoping to make it better for others like Lynch and Sherman probably really don't agree with that assessment.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• poly1274 wrote:The new rule is fine. They should follow how the Seahawks do their shoulder tackles

There are two new rules

1) lowering head in general not just for guys laying the sack down

2) putting your full weight on QB when going to the ground

Number 2 was called here and is a bad rule. Now it looks like Miami lost a guy hurting himself trying to avoid a penalty
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• mikeak wrote:
    poly1274 wrote:The new rule is fine. They should follow how the Seahawks do their shoulder tackles

There are two new rules

Number 2 was called here and is a bad rule. Now it looks like Miami lost a guy hurting himself trying to avoid a penalty

I thought rule #1 was for people that lower their head like RB's or WR when they catch the ball.

But as for #2, Look at Von Miller and Kahil Mack. They don't get penalized for sacking QB's.
    poly1274
    NET Rookie

• mikeak wrote:
    poly1274 wrote:The new rule is fine. They should follow how the Seahawks do their shoulder tackles

There are two new rules

It's rule 2 that I'm calling out that is ridiculous. It's a bad rule and can and will change games with just a good clean sack on the QB. Ridiculous rule! :177692:

The Ref that called it in our game leads the league in this call I heard at now 3 times called.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• if that had been howie long on dan fouts in say, 1983, fouts would have been ground into the turf. you can see here that crawford lets up a bit on russ.

back in the day, quarterbacks used to get totally smeared. maybe it's better that football is more non-violent today.
    mrblitz
    NET Veteran

• Floridahawk79 wrote:Tom Brady rule

It is actually the Rogers rule when Barr broke his collarbone last year. Can't have golden boy get hurt.
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

• The worse call was Jefferson on Dak

Smellyman
    NET Veteran

• Smellyman wrote:The worse call was Jefferson on Dak

Prescott must think he plays the other football with that ridiculous flop. And even more ridiculous was that it successfully drew him a flag.
    Knuck Chox
    NET Bench Warmer

• Knuck Chox wrote:
    Smellyman wrote:The worse call was Jefferson on Dak

Prescott must think he plays the other football with that ridiculous flop. And even more ridiculous was that it successfully drew him a flag.

Yeah the way he turned and whined to the ref was cringey.
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:Was a load of shit.
    The call may be text book by the new pussy rule they are pushing....so in other words the rule is BS and is hurting the game and it's reputation for being a tough sport.

This rule is a huge mistake!! :141847_bnono: :snack:

That's ok, they evened things up by penalizing one of our'n for looking cross-eyed at Dak Prescott, and gave them back their 15 yards of penalty. ;)
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• hawkfan68 wrote:These calls are jokes. If you can't take being hit then don't play football. Quit ruining the game.

Seahawks got a roughing the kicker penalty earlier in the game too. That was weak sauce. The Dallas punter was barely touched.

It was for running into the kicker, not roughing, and Brown definitely ran into him. He took a bad angle on that play.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    NET Veteran

• hawkfan68 wrote:Seahawks got a roughing the kicker penalty earlier in the game too. That was weak sauce. The Dallas punter was barely touched.

Protecting punters/kickers actually make sense, because they are extremely vulnerable to injury with the way they're standing.

The roughness the passer calls are getting ridiculous. Mike Pereira mentioned something about the league going overboard with these calls, and that he expects they'll lax the rules a little bit next year.
    JimmyG
    NET Rookie

It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:02 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information