0-3 Without Thomas

Seymour

Reaction score
I'm still all for moving on from Thomas because his asking price and attitude....but IMO we lose that game without him (he accounted for 3 turnovers)

What do others think now that he's ballin' again?

BTW, I did also notice 2 different plays that he could have stuck his nose into but he elected to "step aside" on instead.

Decisions decisions...... :3-1:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's really a tough decision on many fronts. And even as a fan, sometimes you feel like it's time to sign him. Then he acts like a baby and you wonder if it's time for a trade etc.

Madrid Hawk

Reaction score
I'm not his coach and I'm not his mom. As long as he's playing as well as he's playing, making big plays, kicking ass out there..........then I want him on this team.

The Seahawks didn't lose the first two games because of Earl Thomas.

I couldn't care less about the drama.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Well we were 0-2 with him before yesterday, and I'd argue that the reason we won yesterday was because the offense played MUCH better, and not because of Earl.

Obviously he's still playing at a high level, but that doesn't change my opinion that we shouldn't hamstring our cap for the next 4-5 years giving him 40M guaranteed during a rebuild where we desperately need the cap space with holes all over the roster.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Earl is like a modern day version of the Spartan soldier Achilles. Even though you may have some animosity towards him, when it's time to go to war, you're glad he's on your side.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
I'm not a Thomas fan and even I can see the impact he's having when he's on the field. I say pay the man. Why not? I know we are still paying some salaries of players that were forced into retirement but Sherman's gone, Bennett is gone, Kam and Avril are gone. Who are we paying? There must be money to blow on Thomas and still pay Russ!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
If we can get a GOOD trade deal, you move him. He has mentally checked out as a Seattle Seahawk. He is producing on the field because of his talent and that's his only way to present a resume to potential suitors. It has nothing to do with wanting to help this team. It's all about him and Lord knows, he needs to feed his family. :roll:

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1rx5ss80 said:
Well we were 0-2 with him before yesterday, and I'd argue that the reason we won yesterday was because the offense played MUCH better, and not because of Earl.

Obviously he's still playing at a high level, but that doesn't change my opinion that we shouldn't hamstring our cap for the next 4-5 years giving him 40M guaranteed during a rebuild where we desperately need the cap space with holes all over the roster.

I'll agree, but it is debatable if we do lose that game without him I suppose. You say we won because of the offense, but that offense was given the ball 3 extra times which with still having far too many 3 and outs really helped them, and the fumble recovery was on the way to 7 Dallas points IIRC.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Aros":e1w0rbov said:
If we can get a GOOD trade deal, you move him. He has mentally checked out as a Seattle Seahawk. He is producing on the field because of his talent and that's his only way to present a resume to potential suitors. It has nothing to do with wanting to help this team. It's all about him and Lord knows, he needs to feed his family. :roll:

Listen Aros, Earl was this close to moving his family into a shelter and signing up for the government cheese program when he was holding out.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Aros":2ot1wmq1 said:

Interesting discussion point....has he??

Not so sure myself. By most accounts he looks and sounds like he has, but once Earl hit's the field it's pretty much game on and he knows just one speed. Point being....On Sundays he's not looking "checked out".

mistaowen

Reaction score
All of this drama goes away with a new contract. He was a leader yesterday, the most talkative I've seen him this year, and flying around with the players. Still on the top of his game I'd say, him and Eric Berry are probably the best safeties in the NFL. The market for safeties is horrible right now which makes neither him or the FO want to budge.

I picture him having a career like Charles Woodson where once his speed starts to slow, he adapts and takes on a new role on defense.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Was just having that conversation w/a co worker. It's funny how these things work. An extension would get rid of a lot of drama. Sure some won't even let is go, and that's understandable, but a happy Earl is huge on this team.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
earl wants stupid money that were just not going to pay.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3lggc4mq said:
Yeah, 8.5 mil, how does he make it?

He's at the end of a 4 year $40M so 10 per year pretty much.

I may actually be for another 3 year $30M because my biggest gripe was the $13M he was said to be seeking.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":8d3cnssq said:
SoulfishHawk":8d3cnssq said:

I may actually be for another 3 year $30M because my biggest gripe was the $13M he was said to be seeking.

I think this is probably around what Pete and John have offered Earl, something on a shorter term around 10M a year type deal........but Earl has made it LOUD AND CLEAR that nothing short of being the highest paid safety in the league is unacceptable.

So the nonsense continues!

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Is there any truth to the rumor that he took less the first time so the rest of the LOB could get their contracts?

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":x9byy9wu said:
Seymour":x9byy9wu said:
SoulfishHawk":x9byy9wu said:

I think this is probably around what Pete and John have offered Earl, something on a shorter term around 10M a year type deal........but Earl has made it LOUD AND CLEAR that nothing short of being the highest paid safety in the league is unacceptable.

So the nonsense continues!

The way he is acting about making his "measly $10M" (the 8.5 this season is just the way they decided to spread it out), I'd have to agree we have no shot at him.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":fuik7sob said:
Is there any truth to the rumor that he took less the first time so the rest of the LOB could get their contracts?

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was the highest paid safety in the NFL when he took that contract. I call BS on that!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Seymour":ftk75g5v said:
Aros":ftk75g5v said:

Interesting discussion point....has he??

Not so sure myself. By most accounts he looks and sounds like he has, but once Earl hit's the field it's pretty much game on and he knows just one speed. Point being....On Sundays he's not looking "checked out".

Again, he is producing because that's who he is as a player. He also is trying to prove to the NFL he is far from done.

None of his productivity is wanting to be a Seahawk. Kam is gone, Richard is gone. The LOB is done.

He. Wants. Out.