Frank Clark

Polk738

Reaction score
I think this was one of his best games, the way he was dominating Tyron Smith today just shows how much he's grown on this defense.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Some other stats on Frank Clark:

>> Clark has 22.0 sacks since 2016. Just 7 players have more sacks during that span.

>> Has 3 sacks to start the season; one in each game. The last Seahawks player to start the season with sacks in 3 straight games to start the season was Bryce Fisher in 2005.

>> With 25.0 career sacks, only Danielle Hunter (28.5) and Vic Beasley (25.5) have more from the 2015 draft class.

Seahawker

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":2o0sfsdw said:

>> Clark has 22.0 sacks since 2016. Just 7 players have more sacks during that span.

>> Has 3 sacks to start the season; one in each game. The last Seahawks player to start the season with sacks in 3 straight games to start the season was Bryce Fisher in 2005.

>> With 25.0 career sacks, only Danielle Hunter (28.5) and Vic Beasley (25.5) have more from the 2015 draft class.

That was a great post & a damn nice avatar.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":3ib99sbe said:

Beasley had the outlier great season in 2016 and hasn’t done much outside of that. Clark is clearly better than Beasley.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Such a beast, turns out they were on to something when they drafted him. Even w/all the "experts" laughing at them.

bighawk

Reaction score
I would like to see him rush a little on the inside because of his quickness off the ball with Mungo and Jordan rushing off the edge. With Frank beating Smith he can beat any tackle in the league.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Seahawker76":3gyyzkr5 said:
Jazzhawk":3gyyzkr5 said:

That was a great post & a damn nice avatar.
I would rate it is nice. To rate it as damn nice would require a taste test.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
bighawk":1lennt8h said:
I would like to see him rush a little on the inside because of his quickness off the ball with Mungo and Jordan rushing off the edge. With Frank beating Smith he can beat any tackle in the league.

He did a bit when Green was in the lineup. Moved inside and Green went out wide.

zetes

Reaction score
I enjoyed how he was moved around this past game -- I don't remember them doing that with him before. He looked explosive … of course, the Seahawks DL almost always looks good at home so I hope the pass rush looks better than against the Bears when they are on the road.

kobebryant

Reaction score
He's only 25 and without much of an injury history. Prime Clark is going to be something else, and I think we may be seeing the beginning of it with athletic prowess and veteran savvy converging at the same time.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Everything I've been reading is Clark is next in line for an extension, and the two sides are working as we speak to make it happen.

He goes off script a lot, so I'd like him to temper that Bruce Irvin tendency to hyper fixate on getting to the passer over his gap/edge assignment and getting out of position a little too often.

But the motor, intensity and talent can't be denied, he's a fantastic versatile DE.

ivotuk

Reaction score
bighawk":htnaetgx said:
I would like to see him rush a little on the inside because of his quickness off the ball with

Mungo Jerry and Jordan rushing off the edge. With Frank beating Smith he can beat any tackle in the league.

FIFY

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":gt3fpleu said:
Everything I've been reading is Clark is next in line for an extension, and the two sides are working as we speak to make it happen.

He goes off script a lot, so I'd like him to temper that Bruce Irvin tendency to hyper fixate on getting to the passer over his gap/edge assignment and getting out of position a little too often.

But the motor, intensity and talent can't be denied, he's a fantastic versatile DE.

This is the big reason we haven't extended Earl and KJ at this point. Need to get the deals done with the young guys first then see what you got left for second contracts.

That's why the whole Earl drama has been so stupid. These older vets seemingly don't understand team building at all. The team has to take care of its young stars first before finding spare change for the aging stars. Its been that way since the salary cap thing started. Only vets that get big third contracts are QB's.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Mad Dog":p9ple9th said:
Sgt. Largent":p9ple9th said:

This is the big reason we haven't extended Earl and KJ at this point. Need to get the deals done with the young guys first then see what you got left for second contracts.

That's why the whole Earl drama has been so stupid. These older vets seemingly don't understand team building at all. The team has to take care of its young stars first before finding spare change for the aging stars. Its been that way since the salary cap thing started. Only vets that get big third contracts are QB's.

We haven't extended Earl and KJ because we don't want to extend Earl and KJ (or at least Earl, and KJ isn't exactly making his case by being hurt).

If it's not obvious by now, Pete and John are not going to hand out anymore 3rd contracts to this core of vets.........we've been burned on too many (Bennett, Kam).

Maybe they'll make an exception with Bobby? Idk, depends on how strong he finishes the season and what he wants. If he wants a massive 5-6 year extension breaking the bank like Earl wants? He'll be playing his last year here next year too.

But great players like Lockett and Clark on their 2nd deal? Sure, those are the players you want to keep.