Better record: Patriots or Seahawks

Who has a better record at the end of the year?

• Patriots

Votes: 37 66.1%
  • Seahawks

Votes: 19 33.9%

• Total voters

nwHawk

Reaction score
Both teams have 1 - 2 records. Pats have had their own turmoil. Who gets it going and finishes with the best record?

Rat

Reaction score
It'd be hard to see a Brady/Belichick team finish with fewer than six wins, so probably them.

MrThortan

Reaction score
If I had to pick a schedule I would choose the Patriots. I still think the Seahawks can be .500 though

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I voted the Seahawks because DUH but looking at it honestly, we all know Tom Brady and Bill signed their Souls to the Devil so, yeah, Patriots.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Aros":i697j5f1 said:
I voted the Seahawks because DUH but looking at it honestly, we all know Tom Brady and Bill signed their Souls to the Devil so, yeah, Patriots.

:lol: :lol:

toffee

Reaction score
I voted for the Hawks, I felt like it's time for Brady's aging process to impact his game.

OP
OP
nwHawk

nwHawk

Reaction score
I'm going Seahawks. Keep in mind both teams have new offensive and defensive coordinators. AFC East and NFC West look similar. Jets looked great in their 1st game then blah, Bill's just destroyed the Vikings in Minnesota. Adam Gase might finally have the Dolphins going the right direction.

Other then the Rams, our division doesn't really scare me. It'll be an interesting year.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Seahawks have a tougher schedule than the Pats who basically own their Division, having 6 games with the Jets, 'Fins, and Bills likely ensuring 6 W's or close games where they will get a W.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Both the Pats and Seahawks are notorious slow starters. Both teams take a bit to find their identity then start rolling in the second half of the season.

They are the opposite of the Chiefs that seem to always start strong and then fade.

I think, because Belichek cheats, he'll find a way to get going and finish 11-5 like always. I think the Seahawks look 9-7-10-6 worthy right now.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I pray to baby Jesus every day for the Pats to finally crash and burn to punish them for the rest of us having to put up with this god forsaken insufferable franchise for the past 15 years.

But alas, no. This is the same broken record we see out of them ever year. They start the season looking uninspired and flat, take a bad loss to a bad team.................they they rip off 12 wins in a row, get HFA cause the AFC East is always a dumpster fire, and go to SB's.

Nope, not falling for it.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Teams that lose a SuperBowl almost never return to even make the playoffs the next year.

At least not in the past 10 years.

It will be a test of Bill's coaching to see if he can avoid that challenge.

I never liked to see an injury change things but the 49ers losing their QB probably gave us another win. If we sweep the cards and 49ers that is 4 wins in place + the one we have. Add Detroit and the Raiders to our total and you are at 7 already.

I don't see us winning the others but maybe 1 more just by luck should be coming.

But that buzzsaw at the end of the year still looms big. We probably end 8-8 or 7-9, as predicted.

I don't see the Pats with a losing record regardless so they probably end up with the better final W/L total because of their easier schedule. But it should be close.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Soulfish,

I didn't know. Their offense was really bad coming in, that was the hope it would continue - and it did.

There was a thread I posted asking about whether or not we could win this one.

It was a season turning game in my opinion because losing that game would have started a tailspin. Winning is just one win, but we showed we can commit to the run and the offense doesn't have to be boom/bust.

The Cowboys were an interesting matchup for us because of that pass rush.

But we were at home, they were traveling and we got Wagner back.

The issue was the Cowboys had a terrible offense and even with that pass rush - the question would have been if that offense was going to do anything up here or not. The weird part is that it did, but the Cowboys just made stupid mistakes that killed them.

That dropped pass by Zeke would have at least gotten them a FG. The big fumble by Zeke likely would have gotten a FG as well, they were rolling them. Finally, that step out of bounds was a sure TD.

(3 turnovers forced by the defense really helped us, obviously)

But the difference in the game really came down to stupid mistakes by the Dallas offense. But that is not to disregard the job Hawk defense did or the way our offense looked reasonably effective. A LOT of the really bad tactics of Seahawk offense in earlier games were removed. (Which shows the complaining about those tactics was justified).

If we can keep to this plan, we should at least come out with a .500 record by end of year. But losing this Cowboys game would have sent us in the other direction.

chris98251

Reaction score
Pats will trade vets for draft picks if the lose many more and re load next year. They do that, find a team in need and make a deal, remember Branch :)

mistaowen

Reaction score
Brady has covered a very average/declining roster for the past 5+ years. With the current offensive staff, they no longer can give up 500+ yards a game on defense and still win relatively convincingly. Trading Cooks in hindsight seems pretty stupid since they have no one outside of Gronk and he led the league in deep receptions last year. Him and Brady actually got into a pretty good rhythm together by the end. Their defense is in a tough spot right now and I can see them having a playoff exit similar to the Jags loss this season if they have to go on the road.

That said, it's still the AFC East and the Dolphins will probably fall off anytime now. It's hard to imagine they go any worse than 10-6 and get a 3-4 seed. I do think the end of the Pats dominance of the AFC is coming to an end soon though. Brady is looking his age and has no one to help him out, Belichick is old, roster doesn't have much talent and there's no one being groomed behind Brady. I'm sure McDaniels stayed with the assumption he gets the team after Bill is gone but his HC record isn't great.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":24dif8l1 said:
Teams that lose a SuperBowl almost never return to even make the playoffs the next year.

At least not in the past 10 years.

Tenor

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Makes sense, I can see both sides. I guess I just had a real gut feeling we would come out fired up and ready to roll.

adeltaY

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2g1gs6gf said:
Makes sense, I can see both sides. I guess I just had a real gut feeling we would come out fired up and ready to roll.

We definitely did. Defense led the way.

Pats will have a better record. There is no Rams level team in that division for them to compete with.