Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Officials

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Officials
Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:54 pm
  • Glad the team got the W, but the refs sure tried to make a game of it. The roughing the passer, the taunting, and calling the delay of game instead of two minute warning . . .
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Re: Officials
Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:00 pm
  • I've seen way worse roughing the passer this year. Not sure why Jefferson even touched him tbh.
    The taunting was automatic.
    Wilson should have asked an official about the play clock thing so I put that on him or maybe the coaching staff.

I don't think there was some conspiracy against us this week.
    Hockey Guy
    NET Rookie

Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:00 pm
  • The blatant holding call by their line on the Dak run that they decided to call a penalty on Tre Flowers who did nothing was fun.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:03 pm
  • Roughing the passer is overboard now.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:07 pm
  • mistaowen wrote:The blatant holding call by their line on the Dak run that they decided to call a penalty on Tre Flowers who did nothing was fun.

Yeah, we were all sure it was a holding penalty on them. Even Troy.
    Hockey Guy
    NET Rookie

Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:10 pm
  • mistaowen wrote:The blatant holding call by their line on the Dak run that they decided to call a penalty on Tre Flowers who did nothing was fun.

Yeah they really need to correct this, it's getting ridiculous.
    "Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." - Sun Tzu
    BigMeach
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:16 pm
  • Not sure how the delay of game was on the officials.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:18 pm
  • Officiating wasn't an issue.

The roughing the passer on Wilson at the beginning was bad, the roughing by Jefferson at the end was also bad, but that's the rule now unfortunately. Jefferson had no business shoving Dak anyway, so of course he sold it to get the penalty.

And the delay of game was on Wilson.
    hawks85 wrote:Seattle played like crap today. It’s over 5-6.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:51 pm
  • Jerhawk wrote:Officiating wasn't an issue.

The roughing the passer on Wilson at the beginning was bad, the roughing by Jefferson at the end was also bad, but that's the rule now unfortunately. Jefferson had no business shoving Dak anyway, so of course he sold it to get the penalty.

And the delay of game was on Wilson.

Both roughing the passer penalty’s were a joke. That rule needs to be changed ASAP!
    The officiating was pretty poor again today overall.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:05 pm
  • I’ll never understand the whole “refs are trying to make us lose” excuse. The officiating is either bad or not noticed. Today it was about normal. Both roughing the passer calls were fine by me because they fit the rule. I agree it’s a BS rule but I think it’s intention is needed to stop the pile driving players like Mathews.

If you think the refs were bias in favor of the Cowboys then why didn’t they flag Kendricks for the horse collar on Austin?
    ~ HOLY CATFISH ~
    MD5eahawks
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:20 pm
  • I didn't say they were trying to make the Seahawks lose, just that they were trying to make it interesting at the end.

The two minute warning thing? I don't know how many times that exact situation happens, but I have a hard time believing the refs are tracking it down to the tenth of a second considering other times I've seen them not blow the whistle on delay of game. And to say it's "on Russ" also means it's on the entire rest of the Seahawks coaching staff. You mean to tell me nobody on the sideline saw a discrepancy between the play clock and the game clock? I just don't but it.

The roughing the passer was stupid by Jefferson and I've often thought there should be a 5 yard "player was just being a jerk" penalty but to call that roughing the passer was ridiculous (didn't see the earlier one on Wilson).

Then the good no-call (according to Aikman) on the pass interference on the Hawks' third down play? Please.

Again, obviously they didn't cost the Seahawks the game but there was too much ref involvement in those final three minutes or so.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:32 pm
  • Let's not forget about conferencing to say Earl's first interception wasn't an interception instead of just letting replay sort it out, costing the return yards as opposed to conferencing in the Denver game to make the catch initially ruled a TD not a TD so replay would sort it out.
    I used to be Bitter.
    JustTheTip
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:50 pm
  • MD5eahawks wrote:I’ll never understand the whole “refs are trying to make us lose” excuse. The officiating is either bad or not noticed. Today it was about normal. Both roughing the passer calls were fine by me because they fit the rule. I agree it’s a BS rule but I think it’s intention is needed to stop the pile driving players like Mathews.

If you think the refs were bias in favor of the Cowboys then why didn’t they flag Kendricks for the horse collar on Austin?

Nice analysis. I largely agree with the rule especially for the play on Wilson. The league is trying to prevent Aaron Rodgers broken collarbone type plays. The play on Wilson was similar to some past plays that resulted in a QB collarbone injury. The rule, IMO, will cause defensive coaches to teach different techniques for QB hits. There is, of course, lots of room for fine tuning and interpretation improvement. The one where Dak exaggerated his fall would be an example. Tricky area, but the intent is worthwhile.

The refs were not much of a factor, and did not impact the outcome of the game.
    2018 Adopt-A-Rookie: Rashaad Penny
    2018 BounceBack Bet: C.J. Prosise
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:22 pm
  • Hockey Guy wrote:I've seen way worse roughing the passer this year. Not sure why Jefferson even touched him tbh.
    The taunting was automatic.
    Wilson should have asked an official about the play clock thing so I put that on him or maybe the coaching staff.

I don't think there was some conspiracy against us this week.

Really?..Hmm, a SUSPECT PHONEY call by a Ref. & a fifteen yard penalty for a "Phantom" 'Roughing The Passer' ?(Aikman's words, not mine)...It was embarrassingly obvious crap call.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:55 pm
  • That reversal on the fabulous ET interception cost us a field goal! Luckily we didn’t need it and got it back with that idiot play at the half. That was beautiful. Reminds me of stuff Giaccomini would do.
    evergreen
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:53 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information