Earl's taunting penalty--bowing at the Boys sideline

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Was that like a massive SCREW YOU to the Cowboys for not trading for him, or what? I understand the history there, but what other way can you interperate that? Still holding the ball from that incredible pick--"You could've had THIS, suckers!"

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

nwHawk

Reaction score
You want to win, come get me!

hawknation2018

Reaction score
This was his “audition.” He wants his next contract, ASAP. Getting traded is the fastest way for that to happen for him, since the Seahawks have the option to franchise him after this year and very well may exercise that option. Dallas will have to ponie up a first round pick and a big juicy contract for a trade to happen.

I’m not distressed about the situation, like others are. Either we get a first round pick (and cap savings) or we get Earl Thomas on the franchise tag/extension. It’s a win-win. Ball is in our court.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
hawknation2018":3vjtg4fm said:
This was his “audition.” He wants his next contract, ASAP. Getting traded is the fastest way for that to happen for him, since the Seahawks have the option to franchise him after this year and very well may exercise that option. Dallas will have to ponie up a first round pick and a big juicy contract for a trade to happen.

I’m not distressed about the situation, like others are. Either we get a first round pick (and cap savings) or we get Earl Thomas on the franchise tag/extension. It’s a win-win. Ball is in our court.
:2thumbs:

OP
OP
Lords of Scythia

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
hawknation2018":2jltggto said:

I agree. I'd far rather have Earl, but a Dallas first round pick looks juicy right now (and we just contributed to that cause). And keeping him for another year would be wonderful, too, and maybe something could be worked out so he retires a Hawk.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cyrus12

Reaction score
He showed the boys more love than he did Pete on the sideline after his first interception...just ignored him.

Crizilla

Reaction score
hawknation2018":3gtu7bip said:

This. Hawks have all the chips.

though i hope we end up signing Earl. He's that good

Seahawker86

Reaction score
Is it time to pay this man?? Can you please stop listening to these writers and show hosts making you think we need to trade and NOT extend Earl. You wanna use Kam as an example? Well they are two individuals and different situations. If Kam was healthy and lighting it up for us and we saved on mcdougle who looks amazing BTW, we might have another FA on this team. Life sometimes doesn't work out like you planned.

Earl when healthy isn't a dominant defender. He NEEDS to only be in a Seahawks uniform for the rest of career. If, and as I expect, he does get the contract from us then we will be rewarded as fans I promise for the plays he will make in big games.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
kthebestwayw":1dwbnu32 said:
Is it time to pay this man?? Can you please stop listening to these writers and show hosts making you think we need to trade and NOT extend Earl. You wanna use Kam as an example? Well they are two individuals and different situations. If Kam was healthy and lighting it up for us and we saved on mcdougle who looks amazing BTW, we might have another FA on this team. Life sometimes doesn't work out like you planned.

Earl when healthy isn't a dominant defender. He NEEDS to only be in a Seahawks uniform for the rest of career. If, and as I expect, he does get the contract from us then we will be rewarded as fans I promise for the plays he will make in big games.

And when he is injured and throwing a hissy fit two years from now because he is only the 3rd highest paid safety and wants more despite 2 years left on his contract, then what? Sign him again?

six sigma

Reaction score
I think often about how many years he'd accept for a new contract and wish I knew the answer.
If he'd accept 3 or maybe 4 years I'd love to keep him.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
I looked at that as a sign of "See, this is what I can bring to your team" kind of thing. I didn't see it as a slight towards the Cowboys at all.

I work Sundays so I don't always get a chance to watch the whole game. Some of the plays I did see made me think that ET3 wasn't finishing the tackles like he usually does. He obviously wants to play for the Boys. So did he go a bit soft on them because of that? I hope not. The INTs notwithstanding, because that's just football, but did he lay off a bit because he didn't want to pound his future teammates?

I hope I'm wrong. And please let me know if I am. But I was a bit concerned about his aggresiveness. It definitely ain't what it used to be. I mean, we know he doesn't want to be here, right?

Slightly forlorn,
Homer

MrThortan

Reaction score
Cost us 15 yards. It was a selfish act. Love Earl on the field. Don't really like him off of it. Quite the predicament. I do like winning though.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Honestly I don't see how that is worse that regular celebrating.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":c64k0xak said:
Was that like a massive SCREW YOU to the Cowboys for not trading for him, or what? I understand the history there, but what other way can you interperate that? Still holding the ball from that incredible pick--"You could've had THIS, suckers!!

iirc, the Cowgirls only offered 1 second round pick to an Earl trade. The Hawks declined.

It takes two sides to agree to a trade.

We need ETIII big time, but I heard his after game interview after missing practice. Selfish putz, IMO.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I loved the penalty, screw the Cowboys and their fans. That being said, and he's my 2nd favorite player, his act is getting incredibly old. Talking about practicing when he wants to, disrespect, ignoring Pete on the sidelines etc.