But I kept up with the score.

My questions

Did we really play better?
Did Dallas stink it up?

What improvements did you notice?
Little of both, but we had some positive signs

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Both. Dallas shot themselves in the foot a lot.

But Seattle played great. Offensive line kicked ass, Carson got 30 carries and ran for 100, and Russell made tight throws with authority.

Earl Thomas had 2 interceptions, and he took a bow at the Dallas sideline after the second INT, drawing a taunting penalty. A lot more people want to re-sign Earl now than before, I'm assuming.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
We played better. Offense still needs work.
Dallas kinda stunk.
We committed to the running game & it consequently helped the Oline in pass protection.

BigMeach

Reaction score
The MAIN difference was the coaching. They stuck with the run to Carson from the start and didn't stop.

Lawke

Reaction score
It was a bit of both but there was some positives for the offense. We did get to see a penalty so terrible in favor of the cowboys even troy aikman was absolutely disgusted.

Donn2390

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":3fwduj0y said:
Dallas kinda stunk.
We committed to the running game & it consequently helped the Oline in pass protection.
Dallas stunk it up because the Hawks played great defense..

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Team definitely played better but Dallas truly stinks. So both.

BigMeach

Reaction score
Donn2390":288zrnap said:
Hockey Guy":288zrnap said:
Dallas kinda stunk.
Dallas stunk it up because the Hawks played great defense..

Yeah no kidding, at what point do you give this defense some credit? They went on the road and played great in back to back games, then came home and did it again. Sure it wasn't against the best offensive teams but they've got 7 turnovers in 3 games.

The only issue I've seen is the coaching staff not realizing they need to run it to Carson early and often. They finally do it and we dominate a game (one that would have been much more dominant if we didn't commit stupid penalties.)

I'm not expecting this team to be the best in the league, I'm not expecting them to beat the best in the league. But I do expect this team to continue to get better and build a young foundation with an elite quarterback. That foundation can then be built on into next year where we will see it really start to come together.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Good win. Great effort, and you could see quite a few improvements. Even saw Russ throw the ball away when nothing was there. Rome wasn't built in a day and either will this retool job that Seahawks started. Keep it rolling young fellas.

Tinymac2

Reaction score
We played a good game. 7/16 on 3rd down conversion. 5:00 more TOP. 3 take aways, Zero turnovers. Russ played really good and had a few drops. His stats won't tell the complete story. Carson pounded out 102 yrds. D played well.

Dallas struggled on offense with the exception of Zeke.

It's a start. It wasn't sexy but it's a W.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Well sounds pretty good, I’m actually looking forward to seeing the replay.

Best of all?

I don’t have to listen to the cowboy’s fans.

Pretty Freaking Awesome.

Fade

Reaction score
--Seattle finally let Carson eat, and it positively effected the whole team.

--Dallas had some super dumb mistakes, which made things much easier for the Seahawks.

--Zeke stepped out of bounds not realizing where he was on the field. Cost DAL 4 points.

--Kris Richard had his patented blown coverage special. (Sherm would've melted down on the sidelines.)
Giving up a cheap 50 yd TD. Cost DAL 7 points.

--Gregory had an inexcuble late in the half (under 10 sec) personal foul that, put Seattle in FG range. Cost DAL 3 Points.

--14 point swing of stupidity.

Good teams won't be as helpful.

Yet and still it was a game that the Seahawks could build off of. They played the right way today.

chris98251

Reaction score
Fade":19rq4vqf said:
--Seattle finally let Carson eat, and it positively effected the whole team.

--Dallas had some super dumb mistakes, which made things much easier for the Seahawks.

--Zeke stepped out of bounds not realizing where he was on the field. Cost DAL 4 points.

--Kris Richard had his patented blown coverage special. (Sherm would've melted down on the sidelines.)
Giving up a cheap 50 yd TD. Cost DAL 7 points.

--Gregory had an inexcuble late in the half (under 10 sec) personal foul that, put Seattle in FG range. Cost DAL 3 Points.

--14 point swing of stupidity.

Good teams won't be as helpful.

Yet and still it was a game that the Seahawks could build off of. They played the right way today.

Well being on the side of less dumb mistakes helped, and as a rebuild team in many aspects these are building blcok wins on what to do right and point out where to improve that continue to build till you have a beastquake type game that tilts things to a more dominant team.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Pretty much everything that's been said.
The one thing not given much specific attention is that the Hawks' pass rush consistently got pressure on Dak and sacked him numerous times. That was a pleasant surprise.

Having Bobby Wagner back was fantastic and made our D so much better. Mychal Kendricks was excellent overall, I thought, and fits in great in our D. Even Barkevious Mingo had a superb sack on a mobile Prescott.

Michael Dickson as usual gave us a consistent field position edge with his punting.

It just felt like incremental progress across the board, young players learning and stepping up. Guys like Trey Flowers. And how about Joey Hunt at Center??!! Britt was out and Hunt plugged right in.
I thought Schotty called a better game and he and Russell were more on the same page. Like the TD to Jaron Brown, nice playcall, Russ read the safety, got the ball out quickly, TD.

Fade's analysis is thought-provoking, classifying 14 points as gifts from the Cowboys. I can't really disagree with much of it, other than classifying the Lockettt TD as 7 blown coverage "gift" points. Russell and Tyler took advantage of it. So I'd say Dallas truly gifted us 7 points, Elliott out of bounds 4 and 3 for stupid personal foul penalty, but I'll give credit to the 'Hawks for making the big play to take advantage of the blown coverage. I'll also give credit to Schotty for the playcall that caused and exposed the Dallas coverage. We still had to make the play, and we did. So I wouldn't count that 7 as a gift.

Overall, a very Pete Carroll type of game. Run the ball, play strong defense, win the turnover battle, and get some big explosive plays. The Lockett and Jauron Brown TD's I'd call explosive plays.

HawkGA

Reaction score
There's a throw Russ makes . . . I believe it's one of the highlights on ESPN's page for the game. Do yourself a favor and go watch it. It's awesome. I believe it was to Marshall, correct?

Fade

Reaction score
olyfan63":1yl19fda said:
Pretty much everything that's been said.
The one thing not given much specific attention is that the Hawks' pass rush consistently got pressure on Dak and sacked him numerous times. That was a pleasant surprise.

Having Bobby Wagner back was fantastic and made our D so much better. Mychal Kendricks was excellent overall, I thought, and fits in great in our D. Even Barkevious Mingo had a superb sack on a mobile Prescott.

Michael Dickson as usual gave us a consistent field position edge with his punting.

It just felt like incremental progress across the board, young players learning and stepping up. Guys like Trey Flowers. And how about Joey Hunt at Center??!! Britt was out and Hunt plugged right in.
I thought Schotty called a better game and he and Russell were more on the same page. Like the TD to Jaron Brown, nice playcall, Russ read the safety, got the ball out quickly, TD.

Fade's analysis is thought-provoking, classifying 14 points as gifts from the Cowboys. I can't really disagree with much of it, other than classifying the Lockettt TD as 7 blown coverage "gift" points. Russell and Tyler took advantage of it. So I'd say Dallas truly gifted us 7 points, Elliott out of bounds 4 and 3 for stupid personal foul penalty, but I'll give credit to the 'Hawks for making the big play to take advantage of the blown coverage. I'll also give credit to Schotty for the playcall that caused and exposed the Dallas coverage. We still had to make the play, and we did. So I wouldn't count that 7 as a gift.

Overall, a very Pete Carroll type of game. Run the ball, play strong defense, win the turnover battle, and get some big explosive plays. The Lockett and Jauron Brown TD's I'd call explosive plays.

It was Cover 2. The CB passed Lockett off to the Safety. Except the Safety wasn't there. It was a badly blown coverage. They are gift points, to have a guy running wide open like that. You cannot bank on that to happen every week. Good on the Hawks for taking advantage.

Fade

Reaction score
HawkGA":tivwsruv said:
There's a throw Russ makes . . . I believe it's one of the highlights on ESPN's page for the game. Do yourself a favor and go watch it. It's awesome. I believe it was to Marshall, correct?

Correct.

You could not walk the ball out there and hand it to him any better. Amazing throw.