Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

I was wrong

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
I was wrong
Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:30 pm
  • This team is kicking some serious ass! It makes me stoked to see the progression we’ve made over the past two games. I’ll eat crow because I was quite the pessimist, but wow, this team always finds a way to prove me wrong.

If we win this game I’m going to rub it in to one of my buddies who a huge cowgirls fan.

So far I think this team is understanding where they messed up and I like where things are going from what I’ve seen so far.
    Decimation
    NET Veteran

Re: I was wrong
Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:53 pm
  • Don't be fooled. Having Wagner back today was big but not much is different. They are feasting on a team in disarray and most of all they play completely different at home. Literally night and day.
    calinator
    NET Rookie

Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:06 pm
  • Slow down.

This is a home game against a mediocre Cowboys team with no passing attack.

Before you read all that much into the Seahawks turning a corner, wait til a quality fully balanced team plays Seattle.
    "Awww, you so weak!" Richard Sherman to Joe Webb

"Uh, huh, you suck!" Richard Sherman to Pierre Garçon

"Don't f***** try me--I'm the best!" Richard Sherman

Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:22 pm
  • Cowboys won’t make playoffs ... relax
    World champs sb48

Aros wrote:

Wait, MizzouHawkGal is a DUDE??
    hawksincebirth
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:31 pm
  • I would agree that jumping the gun here is ill advised...

However, it is very nice to see them finally let Carson run it 20+ times to get in a rhythm. The guys is clearly talented and is someone we need to ride.

Also think it's quite hilarious how quickly the sky falls around here, but a guy shows some optimism and he's shot down like a clay pigeon.
    "Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." - Sun Tzu
    BigMeach
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:40 pm
  • TheLegendOfBoom wrote:Slow down.

Before you read all that much into the Seahawks turning a corner, wait til a quality fully balanced team plays Seattle.

Why would you want to be happy with the win and be optimistic, when you can revel in negativity?
    Are you really that pi$$ed that they won the game and looked good doing so?
    Way too many fair weather fans posting here....
    Donn2390
    NET Starter

Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:44 pm
  • I was wrong on my prediction with this game too. This was really the best overall we've looked in a long time. Regardless of Dallas' troubles, there were many positives for us today-OL gave better protection, Wilson was vintage and Pete finally went back to keeping with the run. Great to see.
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:05 pm
  • Okay obviously I should slow down. I’m just happy we won a freaking game.

Time will tell the rest of the season. But what I saw from Carson, our defense, Lockett, and Russ sure is a promising thing to witness.

We can see how it goes? But I’m excited for our boys right now.
    Decimation
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:06 pm
  • Keep it going. We should get a w next week too. Hopefully ABD will be a go to
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:09 pm
  • A solid win all around. But the opponent was an extremely over-rated *allas team.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:11 pm
  • Donn2390 wrote:
    TheLegendOfBoom wrote:Slow down.

Why would you want to be happy with the win and be optimistic, when you can revel in negativity?

Correction: Too many realistic fans posting here....
    "Awww, you so weak!" Richard Sherman to Joe Webb

"Uh, huh, you suck!" Richard Sherman to Pierre Garçon

"Don't f***** try me--I'm the best!" Richard Sherman

Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:12 pm
  • Despite the weakness of the opponent, this game was a good building block going forward.

If they can get the right pieces together and stay committed to running the football, then they can be a winning club
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:16 pm
  • Jerhawk wrote:Despite the weakness of the opponent, this game was a good building block going forward.

If they can get the right pieces together and stay committed to running the football, then they can be a winning club

I agree. This team can build off of this and gain so much confidence from this.

Who knows where the season will take us, but it’s feeling promising where we can go from here.
    Decimation
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:16 pm
  • It was a good stepping stone and we should win next week. I’m glad to see the young players showing energy.
    NJlargent
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:17 pm
  • The NFC is incredibly weak this year. We will be in the playoff hunt by default.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:20 pm
  • It was one game against a mediocre team, but given how terrible the Seahawks looked the past 2 weeks, I'll take it. Especially since Russ looked far, far better, and at the end of the day, any slim chance of a Superbowl run will come down to Wilson.
    SeahawksCanuck
    NET Rookie

Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:22 pm
  • It is good to have a win and build some momentum. Hopefully we can go into Arizona next week and take care of business.

I notice this board is a lot quieter with a win that it is a loss. I like to be optimistic, but try not to be a homer.
    MrThortan
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:32 pm
  • Steve2222 wrote:The NFC is incredibly weak this year. We will be in the playoff hunt by default.

Interesting. I thought it was the other way around, but you might be right.

The teams at the top haven't looked great except for the Rams.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:33 pm
  • "We won!!"

"Woah. Don't get carried away."

"We lost!!"

"We suck and it's (inset anyone/anything) fault and Wil never win again"

.net.

Christ on a bike
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:39 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:"We won!!"

"We lost!!"

.net.

Christ on a bike

Lol, amen Uncle Si
    "Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." - Sun Tzu
    BigMeach
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:45 pm
  • Chicago and Denver are likely on the mediocre spectrum as well and we didn't win either of those.

Dallas may not be great this year, but they aren't that much worse than Denver or Chicago. Their mediocre ness just gets highlighted cause they are Dallas.

This was a nice step in the right direction.
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:50 pm
  • Lol honestly if our team continues to play like they did today, and if everyone is motivated (especially Earl. We need to keep that boy hungry.) Then we will do some damage this year.

We’re inconsistent as a team, but what I witnessed today was one of the funnest games I’ve seen in quite some time as a hawk fan.

Maybe we just own Dallas in general? Either way, if this team sticks to its guns then we’re good enough to take a wildcard spot. Let’s see how it goes and enjoy this victory because it was a team effort.

Go Hawks!
    Decimation
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:56 pm
  • Hawkpower wrote:Chicago and Denver are likely on the mediocre spectrum as well and we didn't win either of those.

Dallas may not be great this year, but they aren't that much worse than Denver or Chicago. Their mediocre ness just gets highlighted cause they are Dallas.

This was a nice step in the right direction.

Denver has lost something like 4 home-openers. It's incredibly hard to win there. We came close.
    Chicago was one of the worst games I've seen Wilson play. He was stone cold.
    Dallas was things operating to plan, although the competition wasn't top-flight.

But we looked like the Lynch team again, even if was against a poor team, and that's important. The sky is not falling on defense. The OL can actually block. When not required to do absolutely everything, Wilson can do what we need.
    KiwiHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:56 pm
  • I'd be interested to know who some of you guys think are "good teams". 3rd week into the NFL season and it sounds like a lot of you have it all figured out.

Seattle played well today, I don't care who we played, this isn't college football.
    "It's Ground Hawks Day" Chris Berman
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:00 pm
  • seahawkfreak wrote:I'd be interested to know who some of you guys think are "good teams". 3rd week into the NFL season and it sounds like a lot of you have it all figured out.

Seattle played well today, I don't care who we played, this isn't college football.

No but match up's are, we played against Juggernaught DE's the first two weeks with a O line still in transition and getting their tuition. End of the year we may have a different outcome in these games after they got some more practice in technique and game expereience. It's the transistion from make shift and or reconstructed line to a cohesive group that has confidence in themsleves and work well together.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:07 pm
  • Obviously we would be singing a different tune starting 0-3. However, if we keep this up as a team, we can be not just a good team — but a great team!
    Decimation
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:16 pm
  • Our pass defense has a ton of picks. Dallas won last week. Part of their looking bad was our defense. Good building blocks. We need Bobby. That guy can play. I would think Kendricks gets probation and then we solidify the LBs. We can win some games if this is a building block and we get better.
    Michael Dickson, P, Texas: 2018 Adopt a Probowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:19 pm
  • Fade wrote:
    Steve2222 wrote:The NFC is incredibly weak this year. We will be in the playoff hunt by default.

Rams, Vikes, Saints, Falcons, Panthers, Eagles. All look better than us and are definitely more talented. They've had struggles but every good team does.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:29 pm
  • adeltaY wrote:
    Fade wrote:
    Steve2222 wrote:The NFC is incredibly weak this year. We will be in the playoff hunt by default.

Rams, Vikes, Saints, Falcons, Panthers, Eagles. All look better than us and are definitely more talented. They've had struggles but every good team does.

Struggles?

Ya think some of those teams have struggled?

It's amazing how little enjoyment people want to.affird themselves after a win.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:31 pm
  • Dude I enjoyed the win. Sheesh it's no one's business how another fan enjoys the team.

I'm just looking ahead and trying to be objective. I enjoy that too.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

I was wrong
Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:37 pm
  • adeltaY wrote:Dude I enjoyed the win. Sheesh it's no one's business how another fan enjoys the team.

This is the right approach to take. You’re a smart fan!

Can’t we just all enjoy the fact we did great against Dallas? They’re not a bad team, maybe 8-8 this year, but we punched them in the the throat.

Our team needed that. Maybe we go 6-10, 14-2, or 8-8. But a win sure felt great today and we should embrace that as fans because you can’t say they aren’t trying to turn it around.
    Decimation
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:38 pm
  • adeltaY wrote:Dude I enjoyed the win. Sheesh it's no one's business how another fan enjoys the team.

Yeah, i get it. Suggesting the Vikings last two weeks are "struggles" sort of undermines the persistent negativity the Seahawks endure on this board.

While fretting about whether a play from 4 years ago still haunts them, Vikings are struggling with losing by 21 at home to a team they were favored by 17 to beat.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:40 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:Dude I enjoyed the win. Sheesh it's no one's business how another fan enjoys the team.

Yeah, i get it. Suggesting the Vikings last two weeks are "struggles" sort of undermines the persistent negativity the Seahawks endure on this board.

While fretting about whether a play from 4 years ago still haunts them, Vikings are struggling with losing by 21 at home to a team they were favored by 17 to beat.

Yeah they’re not very good. I think we could beat them. I don’t we’re a horrible team, we’re a little bit rough around the edges, but if we can solve our offense issues in general I can see this team making some noise.

It’s refreshing that we’re getting turnovers as a team again. It’s been awesome!
    Decimation
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:42 pm
  • Decimation wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:Dude I enjoyed the win. Sheesh it's no one's business how another fan enjoys the team.

Can’t we just all enjoy the fact we did great against Dallas? They’re not a bad team, maybe 8-8 this year, but we punched them in the the throat.

Our team needed that. Maybe we go 6-10, 14-2, or 8-8. But a win sure felt great today and we should embrace that as fans because you can’t say they aren’t trying to turn it around.

It's cool man I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade. Thank you for your gracious response. Respect. I agree we needed the win and am glad we got it!
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

I was wrong
Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:48 pm
  • adeltaY wrote:
    Decimation wrote:

It's cool man I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade. Thank you for your gracious response. Respect. I agree we needed the win and am glad we got it!

I don’t know if you were talking to me, but I like your attitude about our team. I don’t see how you’re raining on anyone’s parade, you’re being realistic as a fan. We’ve witnessed the stuff that’s been going on the past couple years, especially on offense.

Let’s hope this is something that will take us in the right direction. I don’t know if you watched RW’s interview with Kurt Warner, but it was really solid. Highly recommend checking it out.

Still, I love that our team is getting turnovers again. We’ve gotten 2+ a game this year and that’s really promising.
    Decimation
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:44 pm
  • I was responding to Si. Should quote next time my B. Appreciate your replies and positivity!

Definitely digging the INTs we are stacking up.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:51 pm
  • The big question is whether the team will recognize what works and what doesn't. That seemed to be something the team has had trouble with the last couple of years. Find something that works . . . and change it!
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:07 pm
  • from the box score, it looks like the pass defense for the seahawks is lights out. dak was horrible, and was sacked 5 times. seahawks have something like 7 interceptions in 3 games.

zeke had 7.9 per carry though, so the run defense needs work.

carson didn't have a great ypc (3.2), but with 22 receiving yards, he had 124 all-purpose yards. wilson had really good stats.

the only thing i would say from that is, maybe we were lucky the cowboys didn't run zeke more (16 carries). but we did totally take dak out of the game.

oh, and maybe dallas would have lost even bigger, if wilson had thrown the ball more. wilson was having a solid, if not great day.

but you know, carson was 'running bigger' than the 3.2 ypc result. on that one drive where we went up 24-6, carson had several effective rushes, including the td.
    mrblitz
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:12 pm
  • I feel better about the road losses against Denver and Chicago than I do about this win.

It was certainly nice to see on a short week and may give Seattle a needed momentum boost to build a little tear.

But our defensive performances against Denver and Chicago were still monuments to how much talent Seattle has managed to retain, acquire, and develop.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:30 pm
  • IMO, the biggest takeaways:
    -Comittment to the run.
    -Pass blocking: OLine struggled against elite pass rushers, but contained a very good one today.
    -Defense is very underrated. Every game, the broadcast team constantly says this is a new defense, even calling it the Legion of Whom. But players are showing up. Wagner, ET, McDougald, Coleman, Griffin, Kendricks, Clark, and all those no named DTs that are sturdy against the run.

Let’s see the same game plan next week.
    truehawksfan
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:56 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:I feel better about the road losses against Denver and Chicago than I do about this win.

It was certainly nice to see on a short week and may give Seattle a needed momentum boost to build a little tear.

But our defensive performances against Denver and Chicago were still monuments to how much talent Seattle has managed to retain, acquire, and develop.

Same man. Same. Those losses sucked, but were not as bad as most teams make us out to be. If we can carry this motivation forward then the hawks are going to kick some serious ass!
    Decimation
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:16 pm
  • HawkGA wrote:The big question is whether the team will recognize what works and what doesn't. That seemed to be something the team has had trouble with the last couple of years. Find something that works . . . and change it!

Indeed.

It was a fun win and this season we best take what we can get because there is plenty to worry about.

Hoping they continue to allow Carson more runs. He shows some real potential.

Biggest surprise was how solid the O-line looked. Not great mind you - but vastly improved. The Dallas defense did seem to be under-performing though. Knew their offense was pretty weak but thought their D was better than what they showed today.

Our D had another solid outing. Again, not spectacular but improved.
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:47 pm
  • mrblitz wrote:from the box score, it looks like the pass defense for the seahawks is lights out. dak was horrible, and was sacked 5 times. seahawks have something like 7 interceptions in 3 games.

zeke had 7.9 per carry though, so the run defense needs work.

carson didn't have a great ypc (3.2), but with 22 receiving yards, he had 124 all-purpose yards. wilson had really good stats.

the only thing i would say from that is, maybe we were lucky the cowboys didn't run zeke more (16 carries). but we did totally take dak out of the game.

oh, and maybe dallas would have lost even bigger, if wilson had thrown the ball more. wilson was having a solid, if not great day.

but you know, carson was 'running bigger' than the 3.2 ypc result. on that one drive where we went up 24-6, carson had several effective rushes, including the td.

Harder to run when you are up 3 scores and everyone is expecting it. Easier to run when you are down 3 scores and teams expect you to pass. That alone explains much of the ypc disparity between the teams.
    Mad Dog
    NET Starter

Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:38 am
  • Aaah, someone has hope and people shoot it down to tell him to relax. Yep, even after a win, the Debbie Downers won't allow people to enjoy it
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:53 am
  • Fade wrote:

Who looks like a world beater outside of the Rams?

Philly with two less than stellar wins against ATL and Indy?
    Minnesota who just got spanked by the worst team in the league?
    NO who can’t stop anything on defense?
    ATL see NO
    Green Bay, who at 1-1-1, should actually be 0-2-1 if it wasn’t for Kyle Fuller dropping a gift wrapped game sealing INT?

lol right now the three leading contenders for the Rams crown are the Panthers, Bucs, and Redskins, and Bears.
    And those 4 teams all have flaws to serious flaws.
    Last edited by Steve2222 on Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:56 am
  • Shoot, it has already been a crazy season. Look at all the upsets this year.
    I mean, yesterday the Bills smoke the Vikes on the road? What the?
    Pats lose to a weak Detroit team. So many upsets, feels very twilight zone.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:21 am
  • Donn2390 wrote:
    TheLegendOfBoom wrote:Slow down.

Post 2012 fans? Lol, I agree. But, if they complain and whine this much on a Seahawks internet forum, imagine how completely insufferable they must be in real life. I loved the win, and love the Seahawks! And btw, stop telling people to pump the brakes on the excitement of this win, it's not your place.
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:37 am
  • Not to :stirthepot: but it really does seem like it hurts people to just enjoy a win sometimes.
    Oh well, it's entertaining and we're at least talking about a win.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:15 am
  • Manning up hear. I predicted a close loss. I was wrong. The OL held up and the defense stood up ; but I thought before the game that Dallas was somewhat a better team than what came to town. I love any wins ;but I wish they had whipped a good team. Next weeks game could be scary because AZ might finally put together a good game too. Go Hawks :irishdrinkers:
    xray
    NET Rookie

Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:35 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:"We won!!"

"We lost!!"

.net.

Christ on a bike

Yep, even when there is reason for joy, someone always pees on the parade.

I thought the team played well against a good team that perhaps has been unable to establish a passing O this season.

There was a solid commitment to the run which was enjoyable to finally see and the first offensive rushing TD in a very long time. Russell was getting rid of the ball quickly and the O was moving the chains, the OLine played creditably well. The D was forcing the play and creating TOs. To me looked as if the team executed their gameplan perfectly.

It wasn't perfect but certainly answered quite a few questions. Now to string a few more W's in row together and the mood around here will change.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:17 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information