Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Earl skips practice for unknown reason

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Earl skips practice for unknown reason
Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:07 pm
  • Pete said Earl didn't show up for practice no reason given from Pete other than an unknown personnel issue with ET. Make of that what you will. Did not confirm he would play Sunday. Britt likely out for the game.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1016
    Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:10 pm


  • Practice conflicted with meeting the cowboys plane at boeing field.
    Image
    User avatar
    DynoHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1076
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:58 pm


  • Northwest Seahawk wrote:Pete said Earl didn't show up for practice no reason given from Pete other than an unknown personnel issue with ET. Make of that what you will. Did not confirm he would play Sunday. Britt likely out for the game.

    Trade to Dallas after the game incoming?
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2626
    Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:31 am


  • Poor guy, he is probably struggling to feed his family. Glad the Seahawks are helping him through this difficult time.
    User avatar
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4318
    Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:26 am


  • Spin Doctor wrote:
    Northwest Seahawk wrote:Pete said Earl didn't show up for practice no reason given from Pete other than an unknown personnel issue with ET. Make of that what you will. Did not confirm he would play Sunday. Britt likely out for the game.

    Trade to Dallas after the game incoming?


    Pete has said no, but it's not uncommon for players to not practice or play if a trade is being finalized.
    Image

    “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

    :les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 19480
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


  • It's hard to speculate on what the hell the FO is doing this year .
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1016
    Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:10 pm


  • massari
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1281
    Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:58 am



  • "We'll see how he's doing and make sure he's okay," Carroll said. "He's got some other stuff going on. That's what we're working on. It's personal. That's why we're not going to talk about it."
    bigcc
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 954
    Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:07 pm


  • :snack: Now this is entertainment!
    mrt144
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3057
    Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:21 pm


  • Ya know what?? If he is pullin drama queen stuff or it's a legit. Lets make a deal one way or the other. WOW been watching this game along time and I only know about 10 plays. LOL..but for me the $$$ and the politics make it real hard to care much anymore.
    User avatar
    xray
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 159
    Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:29 am
    Location: AZ


  • He doesn't want to participate in beating his favorite team, so he's checking out for the weekend. :stirthepot:
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5284
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • bigcc wrote:"We'll see how he's doing and make sure he's okay," Carroll said. "He's got some other stuff going on. That's what we're working on. It's personal. That's why we're not going to talk about it."
    New Cowboys jersey not fitting him quite right, needed to get it tailored.
    Image
    User avatar
    DynoHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1076
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:58 pm


  • A 2nd in 19' & a 3rd in 20'...?
    Jerry had better take it if he wants a shot at a SB before he dies.
    Seahawker76
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 39
    Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:09 pm


  • This is probably the one game that the Seahawks can get by without Earl back there. The Cowboys have no threat at WRs or TEs. Stop Dallas' run game, you stop the Cowboys offense.
    User avatar
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7257
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:10 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • DynoHawk wrote:
    bigcc wrote:"We'll see how he's doing and make sure he's okay," Carroll said. "He's got some other stuff going on. That's what we're working on. It's personal. That's why we're not going to talk about it."
    New Cowboys jersey not fitting him quite right, needed to get it tailored.


    Hey, Dyno! What happened to that cool avatar you used to have?
    In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade.........

    Paulie S.
    User avatar
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *
     
    Posts: 7229
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Skagit County, WA


  • Players should not be skipping practice at will.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    toffee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1033
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:44 pm


  • He’s so on his way to Dallas for a physical and to sign a contract.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    User avatar
    James in PA
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 633
    Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:36 pm


  • Trade Earl and we are 16 million under the cap.
    Earl could potentially become a disgruntled Steelers runningback.
    GET YOUR EAR PLUGS READY!!!
    User avatar
    TheHawkster
    * NET Bad Ass *
     
    Posts: 2272
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:00 am
    Location: Puyallup


  • On reddit someone said his wife is expecting soon...

    Wyche said he spoke to a couple of Hawks players and they said they expect Earl to play (watch the video, it's not written in the article)

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... witter_atn
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3281
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


  • Earl and Russell for Dak and Demarcus ?
    TreeRon
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 258
    Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:48 pm


  • If the cowboys were truly intent on trading for him, it kind of makes sense to do it now instead of earlier... You have some film to see if he's still balling (he is), and you get to assure that he isn't playing against you when acquired.. If Earl doesn't suit up I'd be shocked if it isn't announced he was traded, that being said i also wouldn't be shocked if he still suits up and plays, would be shocked if not one or the other though
    bigcc
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 954
    Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:07 pm


  • He’ll play. Probably protecting himself from injury with a rest day. Keeping it vague keeps the Cowboys on their toes.
    User avatar
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2244
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


  • If they were trading him this weekend, would they have him a full participant in practice yesterday? Anyone recall any similar protocol for in-season trades?

    Regarding the rumor that it’s simply his wife expecting, has Pete ever informed the media of such with other players?
    User avatar
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1862
    Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:24 am


  • TreeRon wrote:Earl and Russell for Dak and Demarcus ?

    Dak is horrible, no thanks.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23629
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


  • They are not trading him so he can play against them. Come on people, use a little common sense.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23629
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


  • Not unless the Cowboys up their trade...But it sound like a personal issue...Probably reason why Carol was so vague, no business for him to say it.
    User avatar
    rcaido
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 498
    Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:47 pm


  • LymonHawk wrote:
    DynoHawk wrote:
    bigcc wrote:"We'll see how he's doing and make sure he's okay," Carroll said. "He's got some other stuff going on. That's what we're working on. It's personal. That's why we're not going to talk about it."
    New Cowboys jersey not fitting him quite right, needed to get it tailored.


    Hey, Dyno! What happened to that cool avatar you used to have?


    Ya...What he said????
    R.I.P. Queen.
    User avatar
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7969
    Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:20 pm
    Location: A little ways from Boise.


  • Sports Hernia wrote:They are not trading him so he can play against them. Come on people, use a little common sense.


    I think almost everyone was surmising a possible trade following the game, not before. And with the oddball drama we’ve had this year already, there’s no telling what might happen next.
    User avatar
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1862
    Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:24 am


  • If there is a trade, the Cowboys MUST take Ifedi too.
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    User avatar
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1572
    Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:11 pm


  • WmHBonney wrote:If there is a trade, the Cowboys MUST take Ifedi too.


    That is a deal breaker...no way are they doing that....dammit. :stirthepot:
    R.I.P. Queen.
    User avatar
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7969
    Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:20 pm
    Location: A little ways from Boise.


  • Hearing the Thomas' are expecting could explain some of this, let's hope mom & baby are fine.
    Seahawker76
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 39
    Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:09 pm


  • Doesnt wanna play against his pals....hes a selfish prick is what he is..
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    User avatar
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5996
    Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:20 am
    Location: BC Canada


  • Seahawker76 wrote:Hearing the Thomas' are expecting could explain some of this, let's hope mom & baby are fine.


    Looked it up, sounds about right judging from a glance at Instagram, hopefully all is well and people who were speculating (myself included) feel stupid on Sunday
    bigcc
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 954
    Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:07 pm



  • Cyrus12 wrote:Doesnt wanna play against his pals....hes a selfish prick is what he is..


    This is a terrible post
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13533
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


  • Some funny stuff in here and not so funny stuff. A couple few posts that are on Planet Earth. Indeed, this is entertainment.
    User avatar
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month
     
    Posts: 4549
    Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 10:19 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


  • If this is related to his wife expecting, I have a hard time believing Pete would be so vague and ambiguous about the whole affair. No, something more is developing here.

    :327321_Spy_23.22:
    Image

    "Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    User avatar
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 12625
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


Re: Earl skips practice for unknown reason
Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:44 pm
  • Didn't Duane Brown play against us, then traded days later?

    Doubt it's a trade anyway.
    Image
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    User avatar
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 5003
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


Re: Earl skips practice for unknown reason
Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:42 pm
  • Earl's made it clear he wants an extension or trade to somewhere willing to give him one. He has zero incentive to do anything other than bare minimum as things stand. So as they stand, and as this is a rebuilding year, give Earl what he's requested. He's earned it.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 356
    Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:17 am


  • Obviously he conceived the baby at a specific time 9 months ago so he wouldn't have to play against the Cowboys

    :stirthepot:
    Vpk0718
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 545
    Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:42 pm


  • I guess we shall all find out soon enough if this is much ado, or fire to the smoke.
    Image

    "Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    User avatar
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 12625
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


  • Rumor has it that he was having his Troy Aikman tatoo touched up. :irishdrinkers:
    User avatar
    xray
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 159
    Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:29 am
    Location: AZ


  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Cyrus12 wrote:Doesnt wanna play against his pals....hes a selfish prick is what he is..


    This is a terrible post


    Yes it is but no respect after what he did last year...apologize if it is offensive to you but the guy doesnt wanna be here so I dont want him here either...
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    User avatar
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5996
    Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:20 am
    Location: BC Canada


  • Cyrus12 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Cyrus12 wrote:Doesnt wanna play against his pals....hes a selfish prick is what he is..


    This is a terrible post


    Yes it is but no respect after what he did last year...apologize if it is offensive to you but the guy doesnt wanna be here so I dont want him here either...


    Im Not offended.

    Just think your post is drastic considering the unknown.

    Understand your sentiments on not wanting him here if he doesn't want to be here
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13533
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


  • The weird part about this is he didn't miss practice, he was there, and just didn't practice.

    If it's related to him having a kid or some family situation why is he there?
    If he's injured he's not on the injury report and Carroll said he wasn't injured, so this would come with a fine from the NFL.
    If he was getting a veteran day off why not just say that instead of some weird vague thing about a personal situation.

    What's a personal situation that allows someone to be at practice but not to practice?

    An impending trade (or what they were hoping was an impending trade) is the only explanation that makes any sense, but that's faaaaarrr from a lock.
    User avatar
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4843
    Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:58 am


  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:Earl's made it clear he wants an extension or trade to somewhere willing to give him one. He has zero incentive to do anything other than bare minimum as things stand. So as they stand, and as this is a rebuilding year, give Earl what he's requested. He's earned it.


    That’s false. Why would a team give a top dollar safety contract to a 30 year old player who did the bare minimum?

    You really think a team will give him a huge contract(which is what he wants) when he decides when he wants to play hard or not?

    Also, through 2 weeks, ET is PFFs highest rated safety.
    User avatar
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1866
    Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:12 am


  • Play out your contract.. Yeah the one you agreed to and signed.. quit being a prima dona.. I get sick of these players agreeing to and signing a contract and later on think they can change the terms of it.. He was happy as a pig in shit when he signed it .. now he is just a pig in shit making waves... unless of course something actually happened to his family then there may be a reason which is acceptable.
    DirtyDave
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 95
    Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:57 pm


  • Seahawker76 wrote:A 2nd in 19' & a 3rd in 20'...?
    Jerry had better take it if he wants a shot at a SB before he dies.


    Even with Earl the ‘Boys won’t win a SB until they get a real QB.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5332
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:13 pm


  • Popeyejones wrote:The weird part about this is he didn't miss practice, he was there, and just didn't practice.

    If it's related to him having a kid or some family situation why is he there?
    If he's injured he's not on the injury report and Carroll said he wasn't injured, so this would come with a fine from the NFL.
    If he was getting a veteran day off why not just say that instead of some weird vague thing about a personal situation.

    What's a personal situation that allows someone to be at practice but not to practice?

    An impending trade (or what they were hoping was an impending trade) is the only explanation that makes any sense, but that's faaaaarrr from a lock.


    The same question can be said, why would a person being traded be at team practice, especially if we are going to be playing that team this Sunday.

    Maybe just maybe he's there but ready to go if the wife is expecting or maybe there were some complications....This is getting very tiresome of all people our fans turning on our players and coaches. Yall should be ashamed of yourselves. Why not just wait until Sunday, if he is traded or doesn't suit and play then start bitching...
    User avatar
    rcaido
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 498
    Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:47 pm


Next


It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:18 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information