Should the Seahawks draft for a new QB?

Mizak

Reaction score
They should start looking for the next Wentz, Goff, Watson, or Mahomes. Let Wilson teach the future Seahawks QB.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Mizak":2794u0qw said:
They should start looking for the next Wentz, Goff, Watson, or Mahomes. Let Wilson teach the future Seahawks QB.

IMHO, RW would flourish under those offensive minds (coaches). Not that RW hasn't had a commendable first 6 seasons.

Getting a win next week would be a nice dose of penicillin.

adeltaY

Reaction score
We'd have to spend a high first round pick. Unless we tank this year that means trading picks when we are light on them anyway this year.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Great question, however the NFL sadly isn't holding a draft at the moment. The next NFL draft should occur at the end of April in 2019 so this is probably a good topic to revisit then.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Let the new coach draft "his" guy.

:stirthepot: :stirthepot:

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Russ and his agent got all bent when JS scouted Josh Allen. I don't know how he'd react to being asked to mentor his eventual replacement.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
The Seahawks should always be looking to develop QB's behind Russell Wilson. If one of them even shows a modicum of promise, it could mean a second round draft pick or higher. The Seahawks have not shown much interest in doing this.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":1mrhib4e said:
Russ and his agent got all bent when JS scouted Josh Allen. I don't know how he'd react to being asked to mentor his eventual replacement.

That's actually quite revealing of Russ' true personality if he's so insecure about JS' mild interest in a Wyoming project QB.

It certainly wouldn't hurt to scout and explore the QB classes of the next couple years. Perhaps a mid round gem could be found. The real question though is what a new regime here may do?

NINEster

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":16man6d2 said:

Alex Smith did it twice.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":1c1gn3nk said:
KitsapGuy":1c1gn3nk said:

That's actually quite revealing of Russ' true personality if he's so insecure about JS' mild interest in a Wyoming project QB.

It certainly wouldn't hurt to scout and explore the QB classes of the next couple years. Perhaps a mid round gem could be found. The real question though is what a new regime here may do?

Project QB or not, he was still projected to be a high first round pick. Now I don't know if there are any facts to back up that Russ and his agent were "bent", but if he wants to win games he should have been. I would have been pissed too if time and lots of draft capital were spent to move up to get someone at a position of strength instead of using the picks to try and get better at positions of weakness.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
You should ALWAYS be drafting and developing QB's, if not to replace your current starter but to trade for valuable picks.

Look at all the picks the Patriots have got for trading their backups.

- Cassell 2nd round pick
- Mallet 7th round pick
- Brissett traded for a starting WR
- Garoppolo 2nd round pick

Our FO has HORRIBLY failed at drafting and developing backups, which IMO is the biggest reason we traded for Hunley, he's the type of QB that you can hopefully develop not only into a competent backup, but for trade value down the road.

Rat

Reaction score
Probably not, but if we end up with a top 5 draft pick, I hope the front office at least has the discussion.

Seymour

Reaction score
Mizak":26ax6puz said:

Best thing Wilson could teach a new QB is giving him the keys to the shark cage.

No QB can flourish with a jailbreak oline, and that is the best Pete Carroll can build.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Rat":m6hy541w said:
Probably not, but if we end up with a top 5 draft pick, I hope the front office at least has the discussion.
If we end up with a top 5 pick I can think of several needs I'd take over a QB, like a rush end or a right O tackle for example.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2s8qm8q0 said:
You should ALWAYS be drafting and developing QB's, if not to replace your current starter but to trade for valuable picks.

Look at all the picks the Patriots have got for trading their backups.

- Cassell 2nd round pick
- Mallet 7th round pick
- Brissett traded for a starting WR
- Garoppolo 2nd round pick

Our FO has HORRIBLY failed at drafting and developing backups, which IMO is the biggest reason we traded for Hunley, he's the type of QB that you can hopefully develop not only into a competent backup, but for trade value down the road.
100% this. I've always been on board with this philosophy. Also, the Redskins drafted Cousins in the 4th (I think) the same year they drafted Griffin. Drafting QBs in the mid round for development is good drafting.

Vahawkphan

Reaction score
Why not, we drafted a RB in the 1st round that we didn't need....(either because we have or could've found a comparable RB, we are not a running team or the o-line is the issue).

Rat

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":334lyw3r said:

Isn't Hundley in the last year of his contract?