[RUMOR] Heaps: Britt out an "extended period"

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/jtheaps9/status/1042507458437033984[/tweet]

Injury season. I'm seriously thinking about just leaving the forum until February.

Wright, Fluker, Jones last year, Harvin...Pete does an amazing job of making you NOT REALIZE that players have been out 6-8 weeks.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Does anyone honestly believe a word out of Pete's mouth anymore? It's pretty damn sad, and this injury crap is beyond ridiculous.

Seymour

Reaction score
I wonder if they consider sliding Pocic over instead of Mike Hunt? :twisted:

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Seymour":6wsyfeg1 said:

Doubt it, haha. Didn't Pocic perform better at center as a rookie anyway though?

adeltaY

Reaction score
What could it be? AC joint sprain? Torn labrum?

I agree with Aros that PC has lost trust, although when it comes to injuries, most coaches are sketchy at best.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Wow!

Fearless leader, don't buy in in the continuous unremitting negativity being spewed out by a few here.

Nobody is perfect, and Pete is pure example of this. Is he intentionally lying to us as fans or just holding his cards close? You can believe whatever you want but I suspect a lot of these press conferences are pretty rough in terms of preparation for them and frequently he doesn't really know the answers to questions asked of him, but is shooting from the hip. He certainly has been an embarrassment to himself this week and needs to just say when he doesn't know.

Lately the counsel of perfection is challenging Pete's every move. Reality is the team seems snake bit with injuries to start the season. It sucks when things look bad on the field but when closely examined perhaps aren't quite as bad as the Eeyore's pose them to be.

James in PA

Reaction score
Pete has always sugar coated injuries. It’s just what he does. “A couple weeks” for example usually means 4-5 weeks minimum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jville

Reaction score
Triggered by a stupid fumble that never should have happen.

When the execution isn't there, bad things can happen.

Looks like this could could turn into yet another year where we don't get to see the planned starting lineup of offensive linemen ..... yet again.

Follow on news .................... [tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1042548606178226177[/tweet]

And this ................................. [tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1042535580368723968[/tweet]

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Sucks. But I like the way Hunt has been progressing as the backup center. He seems to have adjusted better to the power/speed of the NFL, while maintaining his stellar technique. Still a big downgrade from Britt, but not overly concerned about this one.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
hawknation2018":26z5dl7j said:
Sucks. But I like the way Hunt has been progressing as the backup center. He seems to have adjusted better to the power/speed of the NFL, while maintaining his stellar technique. Still a big downgrade from Britt, but not overly concerned about this one.
Let's look at this logically:

OL is bad with Britt.

OL is blank with Hunt.

Can't get much worse than it already is.

This year the Hawks will be lucky to squeeze out 4 wins.

Possible, 3-13 season...yikes!!!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
jammerhawk":15eawhxq said:
Wow!

Fearless leader, don't buy in in the continuous unremitting negativity being spewed out by a few here.

Nobody is perfect, and Pete is pure example of this. Is he intentionally lying to us as fans or just holding his cards close? You can believe whatever you want but I suspect a lot of these press conferences are pretty rough in terms of preparation for them and frequently he doesn't really know the answers to questions asked of him, but is shooting from the hip. He certainly has been an embarrassment to himself this week and needs to just say when he doesn't know.

Lately the counsel of perfection is challenging Pete's every move. Reality is the team seems snake bit with injuries to start the season. It sucks when things look bad on the field but when closely examined perhaps aren't quite as bad as the Eeyore's pose them to be.

I don't worry about the noisy Eeyore's that make this place uninhabitable anymore to many former long-time NET members (ask me how I know), I just am tired of Pete's lack of candor (injuries I get...It's a political game with the media and keeping your cards close to the vest) and truthfulness when it comes to what he says we are going to do and then what we end up seeing on gameday. We're not talking vague misconceptions between coach and fans, the gap is massive. The emphasis on the running game is a primary example.

He's literally saying one thing, and doing another. Every game.

Now certainly, I am the last person that understands the nuances of X's and O's. But we are talking about fundamental messaging that is simply not being carried out when it counts - on the field. Add to that, I am VERY frustrated at his meddling and keeping Russell Wilson in chains so-to-speak. Instead of brilliantly adapting to and taking advantage of his elite-level skill set, they continue to run plays that are completely counter-productive not only to our offense, but risk management when it comes to Russ' health. Where's the quick outs? Where's the safety valve screen passes, etc? No let's go for the long ball continuously and see Russ get destroyed 6 or more times a game.

Yes, as diehard fans, we wear our emotions on our sleeves. But unless we are literally visually impaired, we have eyes and with our intense investment in our team, we tend to have strong ideas on what we think the coaches need to be doing to at least see some kind of improvement.

If it's broke...FIX IT. The frustration here is, we keep seeing many of the same attributes time-after-time, game-after-game, year-after-year. I am not ready to say Fire Pete just yet but unless I see a dramatic turn around this season, I will definitely be warming up that bandwagon.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Aros":18elacrw said:
jammerhawk":18elacrw said:
Wow!

I don't worry about the noisy Eeyore's that make this place uninhabitable anymore to many former long-time NET members (ask me how I know), I just am tired of Pete's lack of candor (injuries I get...It's a political game with the media and keeping your cards close to the vest) and truthfulness when it comes to what he says we are going to do and then what we end up seeing on gameday. We're not talking vague misconceptions between coach and fans, the gap is massive. The emphasis on the running game is a primary example.

He's literally saying one thing, and doing another. Every game.

Now certainly, I am the last person that understands the nuances of X's and O's. But we are talking about fundamental messaging that is simply not being carried out when it counts - on the field. Add to that, I am VERY frustrated at his meddling and keeping Russell Wilson in chains so-to-speak. Instead of brilliantly adapting to and taking advantage of his elite-level skill set, they continue to run plays that are completely counter-productive not only to our offense, but risk management when it comes to Russ' health. Where's the quick outs? Where's the safety valve screen passes, etc? No let's go for the long ball continuously and see Russ get destroyed 6 or more times a game.

Yes, as diehard fans, we wear our emotions on our sleeves. But unless we are literally visually impaired, we have eyes and with our intense investment in our team, we tend to have strong ideas on what we think the coaches need to be doing to at least see some kind of improvement.

If it's broke...FIX IT. The frustration here is, we keep seeing many of the same attributes time-after-time, game-after-game, year-after-year. I am not ready to say Fire Pete just yet but unless I see a dramatic turn around this season, I will definitely be warming up that bandwagon.

You say, "If it's broke(n)...FIX IT..."

Carroll, probably believes it isn't "broken." He probably thinks it's just the players not playing "well."

We can't exactly tell him he's wrong. And even if we could, he wouldn't care.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":2hw4ae8o said:
hawknation2018":2hw4ae8o said:

OL is bad with Britt.

OL is blank with Hunt.

On the other hand, I'm looking forward to a rare maybe-completion-over-the middle!

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":37ooptxq said:
TheLegendOfBoom":37ooptxq said:
hawknation2018":37ooptxq said:

OL is bad with Britt.

OL is blank with Hunt.

On the other hand, I'm looking forward to a rare maybe-completion-over-the middle!
Isn't Hunt short(er) than Britt.

Maybe, the inch or two difference in height will be enough for Wilson to see a receiver down the middle. Lmao.

I kid, I kid....lol.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":2jaymkru said:
Seymour":2jaymkru said:

Doubt it, haha. Didn't Pocic perform better at center as a rookie anyway though?

He has actually been playing his best football at LG this year. He has obviously worked on his body this off season. He has turned into a mauler and not getting blown up on bull rushes. I am happy with what Solari has done with the Line.

Maybe its a shiny turd compared to diarrhea but at least it doesn't smell as bad.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
Every coach will not say a lot about injured players so teams have to prepare if a player will/will not play.

Players do this too.

Doug Baldwin said he’s 80-85%, and said no ones 100% during the year and everyone agrees. Yet, Lockett was off last year admitting he was playing 80-85%, but is now 100% this year.

I used to say overreaction Sunday....I guess I’ll have to realize this will become overreaction week.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Seeing the way his arm was bent when got landed on knew it was gonna be bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

King Dog

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":2031ozk9 said:
Grahamhawker":2031ozk9 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":2031ozk9 said:
hawknation2018":2031ozk9 said:

OL is bad with Britt.

OL is blank with Hunt.

Isn't Hunt short(er) than Britt.

Maybe, the inch or two difference in height will be enough for Wilson to see a receiver down the middle. Lmao.

I kid, I kid....lol.

Hunt is listed at 6'2" I wouldn't be surprised if he's 6'0" though.

JimmyG

Reaction score
truehawksfan":ti89jvvv said:
Every coach will not say a lot about injured players so teams have to prepare if a player will/will not play.
Agreed, it's just gamesmanship.

Latest posts