Russell Wilson Will be LA Chargers QB

mikeak

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2tr1h9ck said:
Succeeding Phillip Rivers.

NC State QB replaces the other

Interesting thought but doubt Chargers will give away all those draft picks and RW will not want to pay California income tax

2_0_6

Reaction score
if the Chargers want to get some focus back on them and away from the Rams, Russ is the splash they need.

However I think the Dolphins or Steelers would be the front runners.

Jville

Reaction score
Dnbmq EUYAIlF l

Statistical fuel for the fires of speculation and rumor ....... enjoy!

ducks41468

Reaction score
Jville":1wxea627 said:
Dnbmq EUYAIlF l

So the QB's playing behind the worst o-lines have the most fumbles. Never would have guessed!

Jville

Reaction score
ducks41468":1m8ncgl8 said:
Jville":1m8ncgl8 said:
Dnbmq EUYAIlF l

So the QB's playing behind the worst o-lines have the most fumbles. Never would have guessed!

Gee, that was quick. Immediate off topic diversion. "Never would have guessed" -- LOL

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
If we ever make the decision to keep Pete over Wilson, we deserve what we get.

If you want to get rid of Wilson because you don't have a system that will let him play to his strengths? (and we don't) sure.

But if Wilson goes then Pete better be gone too.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":32yea1h0 said:

If you want to get rid of Wilson because you don't have a system that will let him play to his strengths? (and we don't) sure.

Agreed.

Unfortunately the team is running out of time to make a decision. Wilson's next contract is going to be big. If they commit to that they have to get the next coach right as well

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Jville":2uflbb2b said:
Dnbmq EUYAIlF l

Yeah but look at the recovery stats. What a guy!!

Jville

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":34hspl00 said:
Jville":34hspl00 said:
Dnbmq EUYAIlF l

Good eye. Redemption is sweet.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Uncle Si":182czl70 said:
TwistedHusky":182czl70 said:

Agreed.

Unfortunately the team is running out of time to make a decision. Wilson's next contract is going to be big. If they commit to that they have to get the next coach right as well

Kills me at this point Pete is so stuck in his ways on offense. The defense, even paper thin, will likely be in the top 15 because of him. I just wish he'd let someone take over the offense who brings in college innovation to a league heading that way. Other offenses scheme players open with ease and every game feels like it's such a struggle to complete a pass. Mahomes has 1 or 2 open guys every drop back, Carson Wentz the same last year.

The scheme hasn't changed since he got to the Seahawks and the days of out-skilling the other team with simple routes is gone. Too much data and analytics out there where the defense knows what is coming.

That said, Russ would kill it with the Chargers who now have a solid run game, some great receivers, and formidable defense. I just hope it never happens.

Seymour

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3iqgxqah said:

"We" can make it all we want....but I'd bet my home Paul Allen won't be having any of that.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It is disappointing because Pete is such a tremendous motivator and most people that meet him love him. He seems like he has good energy and is someone you would want to play for initially.

But sometimes, (often) success is the product of having a pool of tremendous people.

You have these people and someone to enable them, follow a process that extracts their expertise and contributions, then reap the rewards. The problem is that often the leader of this group eventually starts to think it is him, removes those people or attempts to micromanage them, and you lose all the productivity you had.

The leader then panics or in a fit of hubris starts making more egregious decisions to right the ship, further derailing things.

Finally, given all the success built up their ego, they insist on removing those people and instilling people that follow them or feed their ego. This is where the entire thing crashes into the rocks because the people that did steer the ship are gone, and the person that is leading really cannot steer at all.

I have seen this in startup after startup, and this is what feels like is happening now. Pete literally abandoned all the things that made him successful because he started to think it was Pete and Pete's decisions that created it. It originally was probably Pete empowering good decisions of others.

So we abandoned all the things that made this team great, focusing on what we want to avoid, assuring we avoid none of it.

(ProTip: If you focus on what you want to avoid, you will almost always gravitate toward that exact thing.)

Either way, Pete has lost his value here. If he goes somewhere else with a new pool of great people, he can restart the process but for us his value is going to be limited. However, given his age he probably is done when he leaves here.

So while Wilson may have value to us or may not, you almost have to bet on Wilson because betting on Pete is assuring failure. Maybe for the 3 first round picks you do a deal, since you can probably convert one of the 1st rounders to a few 2nds and refill the depth. But not if JS is making those picks.

TreeRon

Reaction score
"But not if JS is making those picks." It is my understanding that JS doesn't make picks without PC approval. If so, we do not know how JS would be as a GM as he's not actually been a GM, Pete is the GM.

mrt144

Reaction score
mikeak":z9cw6e1b said:
DomeHawk":z9cw6e1b said:
Succeeding Phillip Rivers.

NC State QB replaces the other

Interesting thought but doubt Chargers will give away all those draft picks and RW will not want to pay California income tax

Even though I too find it dubious, the income tax won't matter that much to him if he's where he wants to be for all the things that LA would provide for his post NFL career life.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":tt7avlmu said:
It is disappointing because Pete is such a tremendous motivator and most people that meet him love him. He seems like he has good energy and is someone you would want to play for initially.

But sometimes, (often) success is the product of having a pool of tremendous people.

You have these people and someone to enable them, follow a process that extracts their expertise and contributions, then reap the rewards. The problem is that often the leader of this group eventually starts to think it is him, removes those people or attempts to micromanage them, and you lose all the productivity you had.

The leader then panics or in a fit of hubris starts making more egregious decisions to right the ship, further derailing things.

Finally, given all the success built up their ego, they insist on removing those people and instilling people that follow them or feed their ego. This is where the entire thing crashes into the rocks because the people that did steer the ship are gone, and the person that is leading really cannot steer at all.

I have seen this in startup after startup, and this is what feels like is happening now. Pete literally abandoned all the things that made him successful because he started to think it was Pete and Pete's decisions that created it. It originally was probably Pete empowering good decisions of others.

So we abandoned all the things that made this team great, focusing on what we want to avoid, assuring we avoid none of it.

(ProTip: If you focus on what you want to avoid, you will almost always gravitate toward that exact thing.)

Either way, Pete has lost his value here. If he goes somewhere else with a new pool of great people, he can restart the process but for us his value is going to be limited. However, given his age he probably is done when he leaves here.

So while Wilson may have value to us or may not, you almost have to bet on Wilson because betting on Pete is assuring failure. Maybe for the 3 first round picks you do a deal, since you can probably convert one of the 1st rounders to a few 2nds and refill the depth. But not if JS is making those picks.

I can't help but think this is Pete's last year in Seattle. I know he's coming close on his contract, end of 2019 yes? I'm sure it's possible Paul Allen lets Pete just finish out his contract if that was the case but I really think it depends on the performance of the team. Even if the team fails to make the playoffs and go, say 7-9 or 8-8 but is full of piss and vinegar with some genuine hope then he may be here till the end of the contract.

That being said if we're below 7-9 and just look so hopeless then I think the whole team gets a hard reset.

Personally for new HC material I like Pete Carmichael Jr. (OC, Saints) or Lincoln Riley (HC, Oklahoma)

Back on topic though, Russell to Chargers. Yeah, I can't help but think that the Chargers would be the team to beat in the AFC West for a while.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2hjzlqbp said:
Jville":2hjzlqbp said:
Dnbmq EUYAIlF l

Without his good ability to recover, this team probably doesn't win a Super Bowl.

He fumbled in the 2013 Houston game on the Seattle 2 and recovered it on the 1. That would likely have been a touchdown and the team likely wouldn't have had the pull out they did.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Then Ciara can ride his coat tails all the way to LA and be the celebrity she's wanted to be the whole time!

Slick

Reaction score
http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=146698

I put this up in the Shack months ago. I think Russell would love to be in LA full-time. I don't hold it against him one bit. Plus the Chargers struggle currently to sell out a 27,000 seat stadium. Add 50,000 more seats and they need some big splashes to fill their future home.

Latest posts