Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Russell Wilson Will be LA Chargers QB

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Russell Wilson Will be LA Chargers QB
Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:23 pm
  • Succeeding Phillip Rivers.
    There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

- Darius Rucker
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Re: Russell Wilson Will be LA Chargers QB
Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:10 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:Succeeding Phillip Rivers.

NC State QB replaces the other

Interesting thought but doubt Chargers will give away all those draft picks and RW will not want to pay California income tax
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• if the Chargers want to get some focus back on them and away from the Rams, Russ is the splash they need.

However I think the Dolphins or Steelers would be the front runners.
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Statistical fuel for the fires of speculation and rumor ....... enjoy!
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Jville wrote:Image

So the QB's playing behind the worst o-lines have the most fumbles. Never would have guessed!
    ducks41468
    NET Starter

• ducks41468 wrote:
    Jville wrote:Image

So the QB's playing behind the worst o-lines have the most fumbles. Never would have guessed!

Gee, that was quick. Immediate off topic diversion. "Never would have guessed" -- LOL
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• If we ever make the decision to keep Pete over Wilson, we deserve what we get.

If you want to get rid of Wilson because you don't have a system that will let him play to his strengths? (and we don't) sure.

But if Wilson goes then Pete better be gone too.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• TwistedHusky wrote:If we ever make the decision to keep Pete over Wilson, we deserve what we get.

If you want to get rid of Wilson because you don't have a system that will let him play to his strengths? (and we don't) sure.

Agreed.

Unfortunately the team is running out of time to make a decision. Wilson's next contract is going to be big. If they commit to that they have to get the next coach right as well
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Yeah but look at the recovery stats. What a guy!!
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• UK_Seahawk wrote:

Good eye. Redemption is sweet.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Uncle Si wrote:
    TwistedHusky wrote:If we ever make the decision to keep Pete over Wilson, we deserve what we get.

Agreed.

Unfortunately the team is running out of time to make a decision. Wilson's next contract is going to be big. If they commit to that they have to get the next coach right as well

Kills me at this point Pete is so stuck in his ways on offense. The defense, even paper thin, will likely be in the top 15 because of him. I just wish he'd let someone take over the offense who brings in college innovation to a league heading that way. Other offenses scheme players open with ease and every game feels like it's such a struggle to complete a pass. Mahomes has 1 or 2 open guys every drop back, Carson Wentz the same last year.

The scheme hasn't changed since he got to the Seahawks and the days of out-skilling the other team with simple routes is gone. Too much data and analytics out there where the defense knows what is coming.

That said, Russ would kill it with the Chargers who now have a solid run game, some great receivers, and formidable defense. I just hope it never happens.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• TwistedHusky wrote:If we ever make the decision to keep Pete over Wilson, we deserve what we get.

"We" can make it all we want....but I'd bet my home Paul Allen won't be having any of that.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• It is disappointing because Pete is such a tremendous motivator and most people that meet him love him. He seems like he has good energy and is someone you would want to play for initially.

But sometimes, (often) success is the product of having a pool of tremendous people.

You have these people and someone to enable them, follow a process that extracts their expertise and contributions, then reap the rewards. The problem is that often the leader of this group eventually starts to think it is him, removes those people or attempts to micromanage them, and you lose all the productivity you had.

The leader then panics or in a fit of hubris starts making more egregious decisions to right the ship, further derailing things.

Finally, given all the success built up their ego, they insist on removing those people and instilling people that follow them or feed their ego. This is where the entire thing crashes into the rocks because the people that did steer the ship are gone, and the person that is leading really cannot steer at all.

I have seen this in startup after startup, and this is what feels like is happening now. Pete literally abandoned all the things that made him successful because he started to think it was Pete and Pete's decisions that created it. It originally was probably Pete empowering good decisions of others.

So we abandoned all the things that made this team great, focusing on what we want to avoid, assuring we avoid none of it.

(ProTip: If you focus on what you want to avoid, you will almost always gravitate toward that exact thing.)

Either way, Pete has lost his value here. If he goes somewhere else with a new pool of great people, he can restart the process but for us his value is going to be limited. However, given his age he probably is done when he leaves here.

So while Wilson may have value to us or may not, you almost have to bet on Wilson because betting on Pete is assuring failure. Maybe for the 3 first round picks you do a deal, since you can probably convert one of the 1st rounders to a few 2nds and refill the depth. But not if JS is making those picks.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• "But not if JS is making those picks." It is my understanding that JS doesn't make picks without PC approval. If so, we do not know how JS would be as a GM as he's not actually been a GM, Pete is the GM.
    TreeRon
    NET Rookie

• mikeak wrote:
    DomeHawk wrote:Succeeding Phillip Rivers.

NC State QB replaces the other

Interesting thought but doubt Chargers will give away all those draft picks and RW will not want to pay California income tax

Even though I too find it dubious, the income tax won't matter that much to him if he's where he wants to be for all the things that LA would provide for his post NFL career life.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:22 am
  • TwistedHusky wrote:It is disappointing because Pete is such a tremendous motivator and most people that meet him love him. He seems like he has good energy and is someone you would want to play for initially.

But sometimes, (often) success is the product of having a pool of tremendous people.

You have these people and someone to enable them, follow a process that extracts their expertise and contributions, then reap the rewards. The problem is that often the leader of this group eventually starts to think it is him, removes those people or attempts to micromanage them, and you lose all the productivity you had.

The leader then panics or in a fit of hubris starts making more egregious decisions to right the ship, further derailing things.

Finally, given all the success built up their ego, they insist on removing those people and instilling people that follow them or feed their ego. This is where the entire thing crashes into the rocks because the people that did steer the ship are gone, and the person that is leading really cannot steer at all.

I have seen this in startup after startup, and this is what feels like is happening now. Pete literally abandoned all the things that made him successful because he started to think it was Pete and Pete's decisions that created it. It originally was probably Pete empowering good decisions of others.

So we abandoned all the things that made this team great, focusing on what we want to avoid, assuring we avoid none of it.

(ProTip: If you focus on what you want to avoid, you will almost always gravitate toward that exact thing.)

Either way, Pete has lost his value here. If he goes somewhere else with a new pool of great people, he can restart the process but for us his value is going to be limited. However, given his age he probably is done when he leaves here.

So while Wilson may have value to us or may not, you almost have to bet on Wilson because betting on Pete is assuring failure. Maybe for the 3 first round picks you do a deal, since you can probably convert one of the 1st rounders to a few 2nds and refill the depth. But not if JS is making those picks.

I can't help but think this is Pete's last year in Seattle. I know he's coming close on his contract, end of 2019 yes? I'm sure it's possible Paul Allen lets Pete just finish out his contract if that was the case but I really think it depends on the performance of the team. Even if the team fails to make the playoffs and go, say 7-9 or 8-8 but is full of piss and vinegar with some genuine hope then he may be here till the end of the contract.

That being said if we're below 7-9 and just look so hopeless then I think the whole team gets a hard reset.

Personally for new HC material I like Pete Carmichael Jr. (OC, Saints) or Lincoln Riley (HC, Oklahoma)

Back on topic though, Russell to Chargers. Yeah, I can't help but think that the Chargers would be the team to beat in the AFC West for a while.
    Seahawk_Dan
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:30 pm
  • UK_Seahawk wrote:

Without his good ability to recover, this team probably doesn't win a Super Bowl.

He fumbled in the 2013 Houston game on the Seattle 2 and recovered it on the 1. That would likely have been a touchdown and the team likely wouldn't have had the pull out they did.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

• Then Ciara can ride his coat tails all the way to LA and be the celebrity she's wanted to be the whole time!
    SpokaneHawks
    NET Starter

• WHy is this a thread?

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

• http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=146698

I put this up in the Shack months ago. I think Russell would love to be in LA full-time. I don't hold it against him one bit. Plus the Chargers struggle currently to sell out a 27,000 seat stadium. Add 50,000 more seats and they need some big splashes to fill their future home.
    Slick
    NET Veteran

• I've also discussed this with others who think the same. The Chargers franchise has been a failure with the fans since the move. So they need a guy like Wilson to build a stronger fan base. Also his wife would be closer the music biz to reinivigurate her career. Wilson gets a big pay day way more exposure and more endorsements as a result. It will be exactly like when wayne Gretzky left the edmonton Oilers and headed for the kings. It could happen....
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

• Funny.... I was thinking today Gruden is crazy enough and has a number of first round picks after the Mack trade to offer something for Russell. Gruden also loves Russell.
    Hasselbeck wrote:Matt Flynn should be our starter. Wilson is nothing more than a backup and will never amount to anything in this league.
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• lukerguy wrote:WHy is this a thread?

Was thinking the same thing.
    ~ HOLY CATFISH ~
    MD5eahawks
    NET Veteran

• MD5eahawks wrote:
    lukerguy wrote:WHy is this a thread?

How much can we get from the Chargers if we just trade them some of our fan base?
    Go Hawks!
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran

Favre and Moon are 1 and 2 all time on that list. Three HoF players in the top five of most fumbles.
    JGreen79
    NET Veteran

Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:03 am
  • Whenever I post a rumor thread it gets locked and removed. Yet this one remains.

Weird
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:10 pm
  • oldhawkfan wrote:
    MD5eahawks wrote:

How much can we get from the Chargers if we just trade them some of our fan base?

Believe me they don't want us. Seahawks fans or 'Twelves' as some asshats like to say are the most insufferable, pathetic, entitled fans in the league. Also, watch the stadium appear to be about 25% empty by week 12 this year.
    Slick
    NET Veteran

• Slick wrote:
    oldhawkfan wrote:
    MD5eahawks wrote:

Believe me they don't want us. Seahawks fans or 'Twelves' as some asshats like to say are the most insufferable, pathetic, entitled fans in the league. Also, watch the stadium appear to be about 25% empty by week 12 this year.

I sure hope so ...then I could afford a ticket. Home opener prices are out of this world
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

• At this point, I wouldn’t even be surprised. Sherman going to the 49ers 5 years after beating them in the championship game was the turning point for the unexpected.

I want Russ to be a hawk for life, but I’m a huge fan and want us to get another ring if he sticks with us for a couple seasons.

We know he has it, but he needs to be pissed off at our team starting 0-2. Our offense is crap but at least he tries to carry us.

Stupid salary cap.
    Decimation
    NET Veteran

• Tries to carry us??? He has!!! Makes error and then he’s to blame...ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DJ_CJ
    NET Starter

• DJ_CJ wrote:Tries to carry us??? He has!!! Makes error and then he’s to blame...ridiculous

Sorry but what are you going on about? We won a game this weekend. Try to be happy about that my guy.
    Decimation
    NET Veteran

• How about the 9 last year with zero line, leading rusher, 90% of yards, 37/38 td’s and minus Walsh project we make the playoffs.

DJ_CJ
    NET Starter

• Not saying you’re blaming, I apologize. Just all the idiots late 2 weeks blaming the one guy that has given us a chance in every game.

DJ_CJ
    NET Starter

It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:07 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information