Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Can we beat the Cowboys?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Can we beat the Cowboys?
Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:37 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote::stirthepot:
    Relax, it's a joke, it happens. And I was referring to the "NOPE" comment. Not the OP. It's a solid post by the OP.

I’ll bet a 6 pack
    World champs sb48

Aros wrote:

Wait, MizzouHawkGal is a DUDE??
    hawksincebirth
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:30 pm
  • We will probably win this one . We are different at home
    hawkfannj
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:51 pm
  • @op
    No
    "We Have 70 Dollars And A Pair Of Girls Underpants. We're Safe As Kittens I'm Telling You!"
    seahawksny
    NET Veteran

Can we beat the Cowboys?
Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:11 pm
  • On any given Sunday, Seattle can beat anybody. Unfortunately this Sunday is not that given Sunday. The defense will have trouble containing Zeke.
    Aw Mang
    NET Rookie

Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:16 pm
  • Unfortunately not this year. It will likely take until mid-season before some offensive schematic changes are implemented. Until then, expect more of the same. The D will at least keep it close and give us a chance late, but the O won’t deliver in the clutch.
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:30 pm
  • 10-6
    We lost two away games by ten points and RW was sacked six times in each.
    The board melts down and the rats start dog paddling before the ship even starts listing.
    The Cowboys are coming to town and few are discussing a game plan for them or even how we match up.
    I could see some of these kind of discussions during the bye week or in the 2nd half of the season if our record warranted it. But Pete, RW and this young team deserve better IMHO from Seahawk fan's considering the injury circumstances, Pete's record here and the overall macro Seahawk history since 76'. Have we become spoiled snobs, talking some retro LOB message board trash while whimpering we don't wanna take a timeout? Honestly its a little embarrassing and maybe even SHAMEFUL. I'm so glad PA holds the reins to this franchise and not some of you, *grin*.

Can we beat the Cowboys? How do we beat the Cowboys?..., that's what we should be talking about, Seahawk fans.
    Seahawker76
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:44 pm
  • We can. But I'm not sure we will.

A transition season sounded about right going in and we may get better as the season goes on. What worries me is all the weird decisions and the explanations behind them. I can't help but feel like it's starting to unravel at the moment.
    WorcesterHawks
    NET Rookie

Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:58 pm
  • We can.

Seattle will need to either come out hot, forcing Dallas to abandon their run game. Or Seattle will need to have good fortune with turnovers. Failing either of those things, I think it'll be a slug fest and the team with the better rushing game should prevail.

Been pleasantly surprised at our ability to get turnovers in both games this year. It was a major question mark heading into the year, and really going back to last year. But we've been very good at that.

Ultimately, I think this is a game we most likely lose. Mostly because I think it'll come down to which team stops running the ball first. Seattle has shown that even if it's working, we'll mess that up. I just think that Seattle doesn't run because they flat out don't have the will to do it. And that's going back two years now. We give up on it immediately and will go several drives without a single rushing attempt. I don't see Dallas giving up on that and I don't see either team going up by 2 scores on the other barring ST/TO luck.

Dallas' secondary is better than ours at the moment assuming either Tre Flowers or Akeem King plays. Neither of those players are ready to start yet and could have used a redshirt year. We're basically down to our 4th and 5th outside corners already. Luckily, Dallas' WR group is a weakness. Passing effectiveness should be compromised for both teams.

If Seattle comes out determined to actually commit to the run as much as they talk about it, I think we have a better than even chance. Maybe the poop show we've seen the first two weeks fires up our determination to not let it happen again.
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:49 pm
  • Audition tape for ETIII. He keeps us in it with stellar play.
    DynoHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:23 am
  • Game will come down to Cowboy offense vs. Seahawks defense.
    NINEster
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:50 am
  • Yes, we can but I have doubts if we will. Sloppy play by both opposing sub par quarterbacks so far this season kept us in the games. Prescott is a step above what we've faced and I dont think he'll be gifting us picks and fumbles. This game is probably a must win if we're going to fix this season, we will see where we're really at.
    SpokaneHawks
    NET Starter

Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:30 am
  • I think we will win. Dak is very limited, and Wagner will be back to help hone in on Zeke.
    JimmyG
    NET Rookie

Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:42 am
  • Another great front 4, the Cowboys D-line leads the league in sacks right now.

So idk, I'd like to think this is a must win slam dunk win for us, but another bad matchup for our offense, especially now that we'll probably be without both Pocic and Britt.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:35 pm
  • DynoHawk wrote:Audition tape for ETIII. He keeps us in it with stellar play.

Nailed it.
    DynoHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:37 pm
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Can we beat the Cowboys?
Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:41 pm
  • Well we kicked their collective asses and punched them in the throat. Great competition from America’s team for sure.
    Decimation
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:10 pm
  • Fade wrote:I think boos will rain down on Carroll like he has never heard before. The fan base has run out of patience with his "philosophy".

I hope I'm wrong. I always want the Seahawks to win, but let's be real here. The team is a mess.

I was wrong.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:16 pm
  • Apparently, we can. :mrgreen:

:irishdrinkers:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:44 pm
  • I doubt OP will be posting much this week if history is predictive.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:48 pm
  • hawksincebirth wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote::stirthepot:
    Relax, it's a joke, it happens. And I was referring to the "NOPE" comment. Not the OP. It's a solid post by the OP.

I’ll bet a 6 pack

Good to lose
    World champs sb48

Aros wrote:

Wait, MizzouHawkGal is a DUDE??
    hawksincebirth
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:36 pm
  • I’m so happy that we got a check in the “w” column.

I truly had visions of hearing (if that’s possible) boos from the 12th man @Clink.

The thought almost makes my eyes water.

Added benefit, I don’t have to listen to the cowboy fans for the next several months.

So Happy, I am.
    :{)
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:01 pm
  • Fade wrote:
    Fade wrote:I think boos will rain down on Carroll like he has never heard before. The fan base has run out of patience with his "philosophy".

I hope I'm wrong. I always want the Seahawks to win, but let's be real here. The team is a mess.

I was wrong.

Tasted just like chicken, It is similar to wild duck or any other wild bird with very dark meat. Not unlike duck.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:43 am
  • Cheers Hawksincebirth. Looking forward to doing a 12 oz lift with you sometime. I had very little doubt this team was going to win yesterday. Homer or not, I just felt confident.
    Reading all the predictions of how this team was gonna' get blown out etc. has been really fun.
    Shoot, I'm sure Vikings fans thought they would blow out the Bills. Still gotta' lace em up.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:09 am
  • The game seemed dominated by the Hawks but it could have been closer than it ended.

That step out of bounds by Zeke was just a crazy mistake that has no reason to it, but it could have been a TD.

Still, I have nothing to complain about with that game.

We did what we needed to.

Our offense was not Grossman-special where most of the passes are heaves for 30+ yds.

We stuck with the run game.

Dallas is a pretty bad to outright terrible offense but we closed it out. The defense did a good job considering.

And we got turnovers, including the other turnover forced on Zeke that probably stopped a scoring drive. Dallas was rolling then.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:13 am
  • Attyla the Hawk wrote:We can.

Seattle will need to either come out hot, forcing Dallas to abandon their run game. Or Seattle will need to have good fortune with turnovers.

Also nailed it.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Previous

It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:57 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information