Did Anyone Else Notice?

Scorpion05

Reaction score
In the 4th quarter the offense was driving down the field. Russell was calling audibles and running what he wants to run. Then Pete & Schotty called a timeout. Russell looked visibly upset walking over to the sidelines, seemed to be saying to Pete/Schotty "I got it, I got it let's go!" in an exasperated way. Then a play or so later the pick six happened(which was a bad throw by Russ).

What is seemed like to me, is that Pete/Schotty called a timeout because they wanted Russ to run THEIR play. It completely threw off the flow after that, and we followed that drive and the drive after with 2 turnovers. Even that interception looked forced, as if they weren't allowing Russ to improvise and audible. It stood out to me because, I can't remember the last time I've seen Russ frustrated and seeming pissed towards his coaches

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Very good points, it was obvious he was angry. They have 2 nice long drives when it seemed like they were letting him kind of run things. IF that was the case and they decided that he has to only call the play they choose, that's next level weak. He was finally getting in a groove, why change it??? Of course, this is the same coach and coordinator that change it when the run is actually working so.........

hawkfannj

Reaction score
I noticed that Russ pats the ball every time before he throws it .