Great to see Penny get work

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Was really happy to see him get work. People need to remember he missed most the preseason. Can’t wait to see him hopefully get the full load this week.

Jville

Reaction score
Yea, it was good to get a better look at him. It's a process.

Seymour

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":27wt74g6 said:
Was really happy to see him get work. People need to remember he missed most the preseason. Can’t wait to see him hopefully get the full load this week.

Was it??

Carson through 2 games 5.8 YPC.
Penny though 2 games 2.2 YPC.

If you do not believe in always compete....then yes this is a good thing to get Penny reps while taking losses doing it. :pukeface:

quadsas

Reaction score
Yes, he earned all those carries over Carson under Always Compete

Jville

Reaction score
It's a team sport and a 17 week marathon.

Seymour

Reaction score
Jville":1gm742by said:

Carson did not touch the ball again after part way into the 2nd quarter.

How is that a team sport when Pete just announced he earned the #1 reps job?

Crap excuses is what I'm hearing. :141847_bnono:

Jville

Reaction score
Seymour":25fj43zj said:
Jville":25fj43zj said:

Carson did not touch the ball again after part way into the 2nd quarter.

How is that a team sport when Pete just announced he earned the #1 reps job?

Crap excuses is what I'm hearing. :141847_bnono:

Perhaps your hearing what you want to hear and dismissing/censoring what you don't want to hear. :229031_shrug:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Pete explained why Penny got more carries. Due to injuries, they had to use Carson on special teams. Carson was gassed having to play more on ST so to give him a break they went with Penny. Seems plausible to me.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1emvyncb said:
2 games and he's a bust. Geezus.

I'm not calling bust! I'm saying give Carson the bulk of the carries and don't pull him for the game in the 2nd quarter!! You see Penny on the pass up the middle just watch it go by? Penny can get some reps here and there, but it should be near 2 to 1 to Carson and Carson earned the bulk of the 4th Q reps.

King Dog

Reaction score
hawkfan68":512odanw said:
Pete explained why Penny got more carries. Due to injuries, they had to use Carson on special teams. Carson was gassed having to play more on ST so to give him a break they went with Penny. Seems plausible to me.

Carson played two snaps on special teams lol. Pete is flat out lying.

Seymour

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1xs2v8u1 said:

BS!
Keep reading!! Pete is flippen lying! Carson got 2 reps on special teams!!

[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/1042054864958840833[/tweet]

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
King Dog":245uhl69 said:
hawkfan68":245uhl69 said:

Carson played two snaps on special teams lol. Pete is flat out lying.

Yeah, Pete is full of shit on this one.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1b9qxx4z said:

Carson played on only 2 ST plays-less than what he had last week. It was a BS excuse by Pete.

Carson has earned the right to be given the chance to carry the load but Pete is determined to give his 1st round reach every opportunity for whatever reason.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Penny got some nice yardage against a team playing prevent defense in the 4th quarter. Was nothing special.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":17zcnekj said:
Penny got some nice yardage against a team playing prevent defense in the 4th quarter. Was nothing special.

Agreed. He got a few garbage time yards and still looks like he has a long way to go to being a consistent contributor. Perhaps in time he could be an effective 3rd down back.

I find it odd though how Penny superfans and apologists will claim "he's just a rookie, it's only his 2nd game" etc but will quickly dismiss Carson in only his 6th game as "just average." Interesting.

canucklehead

Reaction score
Penny missed some big holes and goes down pretty easily. Looks about as dangerous as any back that could have been picked up as UN-drafted FA.