Ifedi

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I see a lot of people talking about "the O-line" collectively sucking.

You know what I see?

Ifedi sucking.

And having more impact on his OL than the entire rest of the line together playing well.

Seriously. I'm actually seeing the other four guys holding up decently and it not mattering because it's always Ifedi's guy that gets in Wilson's face. Almost always. And that's all it takes. Defenders are requiring only one route to reliably delay Wilson's throws and get in his face: go through Ifedi. They need nothing else.

Teams are sending LB blitzes and corner blitzes off the edge repeatedly because they know they won't be obfuscated in any way.

I don't usually go the "it can't be worse" route with regards to benching a player, because I've seen too often that it CAN be worse. But today, I'm doing it. We officially cannot be worse than Ifedi. Not even 2016 Fant was this bad.

Time to wipe the last vestiges of Cable from this team. Bench Ifedi until he gets better or gets an offer from some other team.

adeltaY

Reaction score
You sure? I saw Ifedi beat a couple times, but going against Mack, it was bound to happen. I also saw a lot of interior pressure and the pocket collapsing from multiple angles.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Your wrong here. I know ifedi is the whipping boy here like bevell was. Just maybe, ya know just maybe its russ at fault as well?

You know russ sitting there for 3-4 seconds before getting sacked. I mean most linemen will have a issue. Russ needs to start getting the ball out faster. I mean maybe when we rid our oc bevell.

Um what you mean bevell was fired?

Its partly russ and partly the line.

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm sure.

Mack went up against a lot of people yesterday and they could at least stand in the way. I'm sorry, I don't usually get into mad opinion bullrushes like this, but Ifedi is terrible.

Seymour

Reaction score
Interesting theory....hmmmm Ifedi sucks huh?? :shock:

Well hell yes and he always has!!!! But like Penny is right now, always compete gets erased when you need to prove you can still draft well to those that are blind.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
Ifedi is terrible and has not improved. If Wilson gets sacked I am going to blame Ifedi for it no matter if it was him or not. The fact that they haven't replaced him on the line with someone that sucks less is baffling to me.

Nothinbutm

Reaction score
I'm by no means an Ifedi apologist, but I think he did what he could against one of the premiere rushers in the NFL. Ifedi has definitely shown improvement this season. The scope of that improvement is yet to be determined and is subjective. But Ifedi at the very least is presenting an average season, which is a large improvement over previous seasons.

More than anything, compared to his rookie season, it seems like the kid has lost a ton of confidence.

adeltaY

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1xpdia05 said:
Yeah, I'm sure.

Mack went up against a lot of people yesterday and they could at least stand in the way. I'm sorry, I don't usually get into mad opinion bullrushes like this, but Ifedi is terrible.

At one point the Bears had five guys each with a sack. I doubt every one of them was going against Ifedi. I really don't think the other guys were holding up that well.

mistaowen

Reaction score
There were times he was standing flat footed a step away from Russ and he let Mack bulldoze him backwards directly into him. I agree, it’s time to move on. Even when chipping with a TE he gets overmatched and it causes the pocket to collapse on Russell’s throwing side.

Sherminator

Reaction score
To be fair
This guy has faced arguably the two best pass rushers in the NFL.
One week you are responsible for Von Miller, and the next you’ve got Mack.
Give the man a chance, at least see how he does next week before completely giving up on him.

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
adeltaY":5efexzk7 said:
MontanaHawk05":5efexzk7 said:
Yeah, I'm sure.

At one point the Bears had five guys each with a sack. I doubt every one of them was going against Ifedi. I really don't think the other guys were holding up that well.

I know what I saw.

You know I'm speaking generally, so the fact that you tried to challenge me on categorical grounds tells me you're just trying to be pedantic. Fine and good, but I'm uninterested in that game and going to bed.

OpHawk

Reaction score
Sherminator":25cphz62 said:
To be fair
This guy has faced arguably the two best pass rushers in the NFL.
One week you are responsible for Von Miller, and the next you’ve got Mack.
Give the man a chance, at least see how he does next week before completely giving up on him.

Make that two more weeks, next week he gets Lawrence :2thumbs:

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":js1qxhl6 said:
Your wrong here. I know ifedi is the whipping boy here like bevell was. Just maybe, ya know just maybe its russ at fault as well?

You know russ sitting there for 3-4 seconds before getting sacked. I mean most linemen will have a issue. Russ needs to start getting the ball out faster. I mean maybe when we rid our oc bevell.

Um what you mean bevell was fired?

Its partly russ and partly the line.

Watch Green Bay last week when Rodgers stayed in the pocket. Watch Green Bay on Sunday against the Vikings. Then tell me that they don’t have better protection.

After that, watch the Steelers protecting Big Ben. Ifedi is a joke

Russell screwed up, he played badly. His pick six throw was one of the worst I’ve seen from him, although Rodgers ALMOST threw a similar pick six last week against “Da Bears!!”

But I don’t understand why it’s so hard to acknowledge what’s obvious. Ifedi is terrible, that doesn’t mean Russ is faultless. It means that in a timing offense protection is key. You CANNOT expect Russell to rush every throw under 3 seconds. It’s unrealistic for any NFL offense.

And I don’t care who Ifedi is going against. This is the NFL, and most other linemen in the league are holding their own. I have never seen Ifedi have one WOW moment against top pass rushers

adeltaY

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1mg7x9pz said:
adeltaY":1mg7x9pz said:
MontanaHawk05":1mg7x9pz said:
Yeah, I'm sure.

I know what I saw.

You know I'm speaking generally, so the fact that you tried to challenge me on categorical grounds tells me you're just trying to be pedantic. Fine and good, but I'm uninterested in that game and going to bed.

It's difficult to assess specifics because we don't have pressure stats or know who gave up which sack - at least I don't off the top of my head. I'm pretty confident I saw the interior OL give up some bad pressures as well as Ifedi.

You can dismiss what I was asking, whatever, I was bringing up a different viewpoint, not trying to be incisive. I think he played better this week than he did against Miller last week. There were worse problems with the offense than Ifedi today.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Real simple checklist bro. Did Cable draft them or coach them? If yes, then they are one of the worst offensive linemen in NFL history.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Ifedi played really well tonight. A few mistakes, but overall he held his own. Back off the dude and let him continue to grow.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Ifedi sucked less than expected, especially in the 2nd half. Progress.