Trade for any qb currently in the nfl

zchurch74

Reaction score
I was just bitching about Russ to my buddy who is a cowboys fan. He loves Russ though. He said he would take Russ over Dak any day.

Made me think. If you had to keep current roster and coaching staff but could trade Russ for any QB in the NFL who would it be?

NJlargent

Reaction score
Russell on the Cowboys would put up historic numbers.

I would trade him for any QB who would attract a new coach.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":qm7p86wl said:
Easy. Wentz or Mahomes.

Hmm, I think either would be lost in this offense. Assuming everything else was the same, I think Rodgers has the acumen and experience to overcome the offense's deficiencies. The younger guys would probably get destroyed, purely through lack of NFL experience.

Seymour

Reaction score
We don't get to trade for any QB in the NFL so not playing. I will say he will need to be a magician that can disappear in under 2 seconds to avoid the pass rush though. :cry:

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":2opdifpl said:
Fitzmagic obviously.
He is good like every other year. We can rotate in Connor McGregors drunk brother with Russell Wilson every other year. Genius.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Jesus Christ on a bicycle...no one has done more with less. Guy had 37 tds last year with no running game, no line... only reason we had more than 2 wins and minus a terrible Walsh decision in the playoffs... only reason our team has a pulse... forcing pocket passing would work if he had a pocket... not without fault but blame the one guy that gives us a shot every damn game, thats asinine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
DJ_CJ":25xqvywu said:
Jesus Christ on a bicycle...no one has done more with less. Guy had 37 tds last year with no running game, no line... only reason we had more than 2 wins and minus a terrible Walsh decision in the playoffs... only reason our team has a pulse... forcing pocket passing would work if he had a pocket... not without fault but blame the one guy that gives us a shot every damn game, thats asinine

He had a pocket for most of the game.... On one of the sacks he was holding the ball for five seconds. Please rewatch the game.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Not sure KC would do it but Wilson peaked early and seems focused on everything but football. Think Rocky fighting Clubber Lang in the first fight in Rocky 3. That’s where he’s at.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2r1b16ku said:
DJ_CJ":2r1b16ku said:

He had a pocket for most of the game.... On one of the sacks he was holding the ball for five seconds. Please rewatch the game.
This is why I'm going Wentz or Mahomes. I've seen some good things on offense these first two games. Russ is definitely the weak link right now. He's playing awful football. Something is up.

With Wentz or Mahomes, you get an extremely young field general with decent weapons on a very cheap contract.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":yycptkb6 said:
DJ_CJ":yycptkb6 said:

You honestly call that an NFL pocket? Can’t step into any throw, has to get rid of the ball in under 3 seconds or he gets killed.

Even Brady’s offense isn’t like this. Brady gets rid of the ball quickly, but he usually has a pocket to work with. He didn’t have much of a pocket against the Jags, which is why he was yelling at his O-line. Ditto for Rodgers. There’s enough to criticize about Russ without making stuff up.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":oi3dm3cv said:
Spin Doctor":oi3dm3cv said:
DJ_CJ":oi3dm3cv said:

This is why I'm going Wentz or Mahomes. I've seen some good things on offense these first two games. Russ is definitely the weak link right now. He's playing awful football. Something is up.

With Wentz or Mahomes, you get an extremely young field general with decent weapons on a very cheap contract.

Mahomes has elite arm talent. He also has Kelce, Hill, and Watkins. Weapons everywhere. Plus, a head coach who’s an offensive genius

Same for Wentz. Genius offensive head coach. Wentz also does the things many on .Net claim to hate. Runs around, extends plays. His completion percentage is also lower than average

The only thing I’m getting from these answers is, if Russ had several pro-bowl linemen, an offensive genius, and a running game he’d get a lot of praise. Which tells me NFL fans are myopic and don’t compare Qb situations. They just see the end result

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Scorpion05":zjpxc8k5 said:
Spin Doctor":zjpxc8k5 said:
DJ_CJ":zjpxc8k5 said:

You honestly call that an NFL pocket? Can’t step into any throw, has to get rid of the ball in under 3 seconds or he gets killed.

Even Brady’s offense isn’t like this. Brady gets rid of the ball quickly, but he usually has a pocket to work with. He didn’t have much of a pocket against the Jags, which is why he was yelling at his O-line. Ditto for Rodgers. There’s enough to criticize about Russ without making stuff up.
Yes, he had a pocket, even the announcers mentioned how long he held onto the ball for, and let me let you in on a little secret. Most QB's get the ball out of their hands under 3 seconds. Russell Wilson has consistently held onto the ball longer than any other QB in the NFL since he has entered the league. It doesn't take a genius to understand that this equates to more pressure and throws under distress, and more sacks as well. In several of his sacks he held onto the ball for 4 seconds or longer. You cannot do that in the NFL.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3b7ecxbo said:
Scorpion05":3b7ecxbo said:
Spin Doctor":3b7ecxbo said:
DJ_CJ":3b7ecxbo said:

Yes, he had a pocket, even the announcers mentioned how long he held onto the ball for, and let me let you in on a little secret. Most QB's get the ball out of their hands under 3 seconds. Russell Wilson has consistently held onto the ball longer than any other QB in the NFL since he has entered the league. It doesn't take a genius to understand that this equates to more pressure and throws under distress, and more sacks as well. In several of his sacks he held onto the ball for 4 seconds or longer. You cannot do that in the NFL.
Agreed but certain people think a lineman goes over 3 yards to get him in 2-3 seconds.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Russ has had a rough start so far, but I think i'll ride him out and let all the other teams keep who they have already.

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
He must have something in his contract for most consecutive 3 and outs. It’s like their giving away McDonald’s fries coupons.

If the qb can’t or won’t audible and has to hold on to the ball long enough to see the receiver wide open he’s gonna get sacked / harassed / intercepted.

Brilliant Play by the bears that would hurt the hawks to copy. Receiver out wide. hiked. quick pass to wide out guy who is running behind los. Up the edge into the flat for 5. All over in a couple of secs.

If there is no threat that there will be screens : pitches : quick slants everyone can rush. Everyone did rush. It was a great throw into the ez but that drive was great because there were no fancy plays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro