Bad coaching, poor drafting or just unlucky?

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Is Pete fooling himself? These games have been unwatchable since Lynch left.
John draft picks have been miserable since that one draft year.
Most of our vets have been injured. Bobby, KJ, Doug. Then we lost plenty of leadership the past 2 seasons. Cliff, Bennett, Kam, Richard, ...
I don't see how we win 5 games. Hopefully we can trade Earl (after the Cowboys game) and get some draft capital for next season.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
joeseahawks":2x3t751x said:
Most of our vets have been injured. Bobby, KJ, Doug. Then we lost plenty of leadership the past 2 seasons. Cliff, Bennett, Kam, Richard, ...
I don't see how we win 5 games. Hopefully we can trade Earl (after the Cowboys game) and get some draft capital for next season.
Earl probably foresaw the team being bad...so he thought, "Hey, if we're gonna be a bad team, at least I'll be the highest paid!!"

Can't say I blame him now.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
We just suck. We had our day. It’s over and time to rebuild.

OP
OP
J

joeseahawks

Reaction score
I would trade Earl and Bobby/KJ.
It is tough to be the Pats ... although they had a 10 year SB drought? or something like that?
CHawkTailGator":2sz7mdem said:
It a rebuilding year.

mikeak

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":38taz55c said:
It a rebuilding year.

The offense has been horrible to watch for three years now (counting this)

I don’t care about stats we are a three and out inconsistent team and that is the only consistent thing about the offense. That didn’t start this year

It is why two years ago when we had a good record fans were still booing this team and wanted Bevell gone

OP
OP
J

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Football is a selfish business. Always take care of yourself first. Everything else is secondary !!! Honestly.
TheLegendOfBoom":3j51r6cd said:
joeseahawks":3j51r6cd said:
Earl probably foresaw the team being bad...so he thought, "Hey, if we're gonna be a bad team, at least I'll be the highest paid!!"

Can't say I blame him now.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
We are rebuilding because of horrible drafting and terrible trades like Graham Richardson etc. It was gonna catch up to us sooner or later...

olyfan63

Reaction score
Yup, 3 or 4 crap drafts in a row and there isn't enough talent to compete at an NFL level.
Pete is actually doing a decent job with the crap talent.

The defense played well enough to win, surprisingly for a depleted group.

OP
OP
J

joeseahawks

Reaction score
We should go all out instead of pretending. We just need to be honest with ourselves.
I know Paul Allen has been busy saving the House, ... but man ... let's just declare that we are the Browns and chase that #1 Pick.
Cyrus12":1v8zic6w said:
We are rebuilding because of horrible drafting and terrible trades like Graham Richardson etc. It was gonna catch up to us sooner or later...

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Coaching issue 100 percent. People are crying about Schottenheimer, but we've been using a similar offense for YEARS now, all the way back to Jermey Bates with Hasselbeck. This is a Pete Carroll offense and it always has been. Pete Carroll's idea of an offense is a boat anchor on this team. It is holding us back, and it always has held back the Seahawks from achieving greatness.

The defense played well enough for the game to win. The offensive line played well enough to get some push in the running game, and give our QB time.

I'm so done with Pete Carroll.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
olyfan63":1tjjxyru said:
Yup, 3 or 4 crap drafts in a row and there isn't enough talent to compete at an NFL level.
Pete is actually doing a decent job with the crap talent.
It's Pete fault for drafting terrible.

He can't blame anyone but himself! He's the head man in charge!

olyfan63

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1bq0xao3 said:

You forgot to mention the Harvin theft--er trade. That was a franchise-killer.
Now I see you meant Sheldon Richardson. Yup, giving away high draft picks for shitty player rentals. Killing the hawks.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Poor coaching by far. Scheming is terrible. Yet to see difference in OC other than trying to keep Russ in the pocket when he doesnt have one and ultimately eliminating his Russ plays. That patch work D adjusted and played well just got exhausted because well on field all night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":3elytn8i said:
It a rebuilding year.

It is a rebuilding year. I wish we'd put in backups during obvious garbage time, like the last half of the fourth, so we overall would have less garbage games before rebuilding.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Completely retooled defense with the best players injured and they held them in the game. Offense continues to look like they’d struggle against college teams. Play calling and route trees look no different than bevell in previous years. It’s time for Pete to hand over the offense to someone creative and become hands off because it’s clear this style is all Pete. The obsession with deep passing game no longer works when play action doesn’t fool anyone.