Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

It was always going to end badly.

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
It was always going to end badly.
Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:05 pm
  • The end of Pete's time at USC and the end of his time here in Seattle are strikingly similar. Everything was going well for Pete when it was really going well. After a heartbreaking loss in the Rosebowl, the USC team bottomed out not as fast at the NCAA level because the turnover rate is much higher. After 49 the team was never the same and has finally bottomed out. I trust that Paul Allen will find the next coach to lead this team into the next decade.

Paul Allen has rebuilt this team twice. He hired two different coach/GM combinations to get the team to three Super Bowls since 2005.

February 2006 the first Seahawks played in a Superbowl.

February 2014 a second Seahwaks team that was completely rebuilt won the teams first Superbowl. I trust Paul will do what needs to be done.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Re: It was always going to end badly.
Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:14 pm
  • Colin cowherd called this as well.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:21 pm
  • I thought this thread title was about Russ, because I figured the downside to a guy like him is once he loses his speed, he's not going to be that great anymore. He has lost some speed, so he's not as dangeRuss anymore.

I agree on Pete though. He had a good run, but he peaked a while ago.
    minormillikin
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:33 pm
  • minormillikin wrote:I thought this thread title was about Russ, because I figured the downside to a guy like him is once he loses his speed, he's not going to be that great anymore. He has lost some speed, so he's not as dangeRuss anymore.

That was always my fear with Russ. Steve Young was similar but he was 6' 3" so he was able to become a pure pocket guy. Russ is too short to play as a slow pocket QB. He will go to the CFL and do awesome things.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:36 pm
  • sdog1981 wrote:
    minormillikin wrote:I thought this thread title was about Russ, because I figured the downside to a guy like him is once he loses his speed, he's not going to be that great anymore. He has lost some speed, so he's not as dangeRuss anymore.

That was always my fear with Russ. Steve Young was similar but he was 6' 3" so he was able to become a pure pocket guy. Russ is too short to play as a slow pocket QB. He will go to the CFL and do awesome things.

Wrong. I walked right past Steve Young on the way into a Rattlers game and he's the same height or shorter than me. 6'1"
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:38 pm
  • This is the realist post here tonight (beside the pilot joke). Pete's post-Rose Bowl teams were completely hot/cold and headscratchingly inconsistent.
    F-16 Viper Driver
    falcongoggles
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:39 pm
  • King Dog wrote:
    sdog1981 wrote:
    minormillikin wrote:I thought this thread title was about Russ, because I figured the downside to a guy like him is once he loses his speed, he's not going to be that great anymore. He has lost some speed, so he's not as dangeRuss anymore.

Wrong. I walked right past Steve Young on the way into a Rattlers game and he's the same height or shorter than me. 6'1"

I am willing to belive you but since this is 2018.......pics or it didn't happen.......
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:40 pm
  • sdog1981 wrote:
    King Dog wrote:
    sdog1981 wrote:

I am willing to belive you but since this is 2018.......pics or it didn't happen.......

lol. I was as surprised as anyone. I always thought he was at least 6'2"
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:31 pm
  • At 23 I was 6ft.
    Now at 52 I'm 5ft 8
    Ya get shorter as you get older
    discs , cartilage and crap

I'd normally post a sarcasm off emoji , but it's freakin true :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:
    What are you
    I'm a mog , half man , half dog
    I'm my own best friend
    hawxfreak
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:52 pm
  • hawxfreak wrote:At 23 I was 6ft.
    Now at 52 I'm 5ft 8
    Ya get shorter as you get older
    discs , cartilage and crap

I'd normally post a sarcasm off emoji , but it's freakin true :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:

I believe you. I was 6 foot when I joined the army got out I was 5' 11" 1/2
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:26 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information