Replace Schottenheimer with ??? if offense don't improve?

toffee

Reaction score
Our offense is worse than last year, although our OL is better. We surely regressed from Denver game to this Chicago game. If offense do not show any life or keep regressing, sorry, Schotty must go.

Any replacement suggestions? I know it's hard to find qualified OC sitting available at this point, but ..... promote within? Bevell? suggestions please.

Donn2390

Reaction score
toffee":3pxoxzjb said:
Our offense is worse than last year, although our OL is better. We surely regressed from Denver game to this Chicago game. If offense do not show any life or keep regressing, sorry, Schotty must go.

Any replacement suggestions? I know it's hard to find qualified OC sitting available at this point, but ..... promote within? Bevell? suggestions please.
He's going nowhere, sit down and have another drink and chill out...

sdog1981

Reaction score
Pete ruined Wilson. By not firing Bevell and Cable in 2014 and 2015. That's it. Wilson has David Carr syndrome fire them all and start over. Pete screwed this up. He fell off a cliff at USC too.

mrt144

Reaction score
I'm not one to over react but...

This game has been abysmal from Russell Wilson on down. It's so bad I can only laugh at it.

adeltaY

Reaction score
It doesn't matter who replaces him if he's in the same vein, meaning, Pete has a specific philosophy he wants to follow on offense. It has proven to be a failure since Lynch left. In that stretch in 2015 we were not playing Pete offense and it was arguably the best offensive football this team has ever put out. We go back to the deep ball obsessed philosophy and it just doesn't work with our personnel.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
toffee":rppez1iu said:

How about giving him more than 2 games????

We gave the previous failure of an OC 3 years more than we should have, shouldn’t we at least give this guy 1 year????
If he sucks at the end of the year it will be obvious and should be easy to cut bait if needed.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Schottenheimer is hardly the problem here. I don't think Schottenheimer is very good, BUT this is clearly a Pete Carroll issue. We've had the same issues across three different coordinators with different backgrounds. Pete Carroll even said 70 percent of the playbook is his, and he was responsible for not putting Carson in, and wanting to go for deep balls in the third. This is a Pete problem, not a Schottenheimer problem.

Seymour

Reaction score
sdog1981":3br1uy04 said:
Pete ruined Wilson. By not firing Bevell and Cable in 2014 and 2015. That's it. Wilson has David Carr syndrome fire them all and start over. Pete screwed this up. He fell off a cliff at USC too.

I called signs of DC syndrome last year also and partly agree. It is on Pete (Cable and draft choices dumb FA) I do think Russ can still pull out of it though, and he's shown he can. Problem is, not without better protection and not with Donald and Suh in our division. :|

chris98251

Reaction score
Pete needs to step away from the offense period, not his strength and when he starts wanting to make decisions there it becomes obvious everything become a stinking turd.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I think it's becoming all too clear that, Pete Carroll is the problem and NOT the OC.

The OC could be Andy Reid/Sean Payton/Kyle Shanahan and the offense will still be held back by Carroll.

Carroll is the only common denominator left.

Carroll needs to go! He's done. And he's too stubborn and blind to see he is the issue.

Football gods please help the 2018 Seattle Seahawks!!!

This is how bad it has become!!!

canucklehead

Reaction score
toffee":20icq8lj said:

After Rogers turns the tide on one leg in the 2nd half and beats the Bears the week before I had expectations for a decent scheme to limit Bears D-line. Sadly it seemed Hawks did the opposite and played to the Bears strength. Not sure if this falls on Pete or Schotty, but I've got this terrible deja vu and feeling you might be right. :pukeface:

GeekHawk

Reaction score
OTOH, it's was week 2 of a new OC with your best receiver out. And with Ifedi still here and starting, the O-line is hardly improved from last year even with a competent )-line coach finally. Too soon to write off the season dudes.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
There is absolutely no point at replacing the OC now or forever how long Pete is still head coach of his team. It's his playbook and his style and any warm body that happens to be filling the spot of OC is window dressing. Nothing more.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Dan nailed it.

This is just Pete forcing his failed playbook on the OC.

I don't agree that Pete 'ruined' Wilson.

Wilson looks bad because he knows what to expect and knows he won't get much help from this terrible coaching.

So he is trying to do it himself and doesn't have the ability to take 6-7 shots anymore until one hits, because the defense is giving up scores this year.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Look, Schotty ain't the sexy OC pick up in the league but if Pete kept his nose out of the Offensive's business and allowed Schotty to just do his job I do think he could somewhat do something competently. I think we'd see a lot less shotgun and a lot more running and I formations to set up the run. Supposedly that was his bread and butter with the Rams and Jets. Power Run stuff to set up the pass, which was suppose to be the reason why he came to Seattle but instead Schotty (Pete) has been airing it out.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Always positive. Brock Huard said it was one of the worst OC performances he’s seen. That’s telling. I don’t blame Schott he is who he is. I blame Pete for hiring him and not being able to see through that.

Fade

Reaction score
The OC is Pete Carroll's puppet. Nothing would change.

Latest posts