Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread - (Seahawks @ Bears)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Despite the negativity in the days immediately following the Seahawks 2018 debut, I was encouraged by many aspects I saw in the game. If that is Russell's worst game of the year, we are in good shape. As many have stated, it appears many of the sacks he took in that game were on him as the OL overall did a decent job holding up against a brutal pass rush.

The Bears looked like they could really be a surprise NFC team in that first half against the Packers but imploded in the second half when Aaron Rodgers placed another exclamation mark in what will be a first ballot HoF career. Still, Khalil Mack is going to FEAST this Monday night. He is a once-in-a-generation player who can turn the course of a game on his own.

I see another similar game as I did against the Broncos. Hostile environment, a purposeful energetic defense led by Mack. Russell will still struggle to shake his Cable Tendencies and without Baldwin once again, others will have to step up and the running game MUST get going to have any chance. This young team has promise but it's going to take time.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 20 - Bears 23

Aros' Fearless Record: 1-0

mistaowen

Reaction score
I see a similar game as the Broncos however Keenum is more serviceable than Trubinsky at this point in his career. They had a nice start but he did nothing to improve their chances of winning against GB and then Rodgers took over. However, if there's absolutely zero pass rush by the Hawks like week 1, any NFL QB will be able to make passes.

Bears have a nice D, comparable to Denver and Mack was unstoppable in his debut. Seahawks will have to use a TE to chip on almost every pass to help Ifedi. Offense will have to be consistent and not fail on 3rd downs. 2/13 last week I think? Unacceptable.

Optimist says they can win if Russell keeps the offense on the field, couple breaks their way and they are 1-0 going into this game while getting outplayed.

Seahawks 24
Bears 20

acer1240

Reaction score
Unless we see some draw plays, screens or quick hitters to slow down the pass rush I'm thinking this is a loss.
17-9 Bears
YTD 1-0

Jerhawk

Reaction score
ESPN talks about Khalil Mack so much, they forget the Bears opponent.
Luckily for the Bears, the Seahawks forget the gamelan, and rely on Wilson to win the game, where he ultimately comes up short. .Net greets the team back home with pitchforks and chants of "We Want Hundley!"

Tarik Cohen shreds our defense for 130 receiving yards out the backfield.

Pete Carroll runs out of bubble gum.

Seahawks 12 Bears 20

OKHawksfan

Reaction score
I see the game eerily similar to the Broncos. However, I do think that Trubinsky will not fair as well as Keenum. Earl should be able to play a full game and they won't be playing at altitude. Also, the rookies will have that first game under their belt and can calm down a bit.

24-20 Seattle

Steve2222

Reaction score
Bears feasted on one of the worst QBs in the NFL the first half of their game last week. After that they looked terrible. Trubisky is already walking that fine line of being a bust. The Bears HFA is nowhere near as good as the Broncos. Seahawks always thrive in prime time games and historically play wel in Chicago. Their backs are already against the wall. I see a decisive victory.

Seahawks 27
Bears 16

Season record: 1-0

Seymour

Reaction score
Is the thread title wrong here? It says fearless prediction yet predicts a loss....is someone giving way to be correct over being optimistic?

Personally I would never predict a loss to what should be a close game...conflict of interest. One reason I rarely pick a game myself.

Carry on. 8)

adeltaY

Reaction score
Bears shut down Rodgers and Kizer for a half against a much better OL than ours on the road for them. Nagy is a much better OC than the one we faced in Denver and the Bears OL is better than the one our ineffective pass rush faced.

Now we have to play them at home. Seahawks have to find a way to win. 0-2 teams rarely make the playoffs, though the Hawks did manage it in 2015. Russell Wilson will need to play a perfect game.

Seahawks 28, Bears 27

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hawks actually do what they claim they want to: they run the ball. And it tires out the Bears D in the 4th quarter.
Russ leads them to victory in the 4th, yet again.

Hawks 23-20

NJlargent

Reaction score
We are going to win some games this years and this is one of them. I just hope this game does not come down to coaching because then we are boned.

Seahawks 23
Bears 16

kf3339

Reaction score
As much as I would like to think our offensive coaches saw the result of not helping Ifedi and to a smaller degree Brown out, I think they will make the same mistake again. We won't use our TE's enough to counter Mack and company and the Bear D-Line is every bit as good as Denver. RW will try to keep it close for awhile, but he can only do so much.

In addition our Defense is still a work in progress, and hard to see three interceptions keeping it close like last week.

Bears 27
Hawks 17

RTD: 1-0

DangerousDoug

Reaction score
Seahawks clean up some of the mistakes from last week and coaches make some adjustments. The team with the better QB pulls out a close one.

Hawks 20-17

YTD: 1-0

T-Hawk

Reaction score
They'll be dealing with long fields all day, I don't think Trubinsky is good enough to dink and dunk his way to TD drives, and with Earl back for a whole game they won't be able to take deep shots.

I also think they'll be a bit deflated from that brutal loss last week, this isn't a perennial playoff team that has overcome adversity in the past. They're coming off a brutal loss in prime time, to yet again play in prime time, I expect some jitters there.

That pass rush will obviously be brutal and should make it an ugly game, but I think we'll do enough to win this one.

20-13 Hawks.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Gonna come down to quarterbacks, as it always does, and Trubisky is neither Keenum nor Wilson. Though they are solid everywhere else (including skill positions, so Bears get some licks), Seattle pulls it out here with a little bit of luck.

SEA 24
CHI 23

EDIT: I have got to stop doing these before the injury report comes out.

SEA 17
CHI 37

Seahawk

Reaction score
Seahawk efforts against the Broncos were better than I thought they would be. This week they watch film and fix things up enough for a win!

Seahawks 17
Bears 10

HawkerD

Reaction score
Dissley, our new secret weapon is no longer a secret. Offense is not prolific enough to out score what our defense allows. Want to believe but I have the Bears holding on at home. Bears 31, Seattle 27 (YTD: 1-0)

HawkGA

Reaction score
I've been friends with a disproportionate number of Bears fans. The only professional football with the Seahawks I've seen was at Soldier Field. Hawks pulled one out then. Here's hoping they do it again.
23-17 Hawks

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I went to a game out there, worst fans I've ever encountered in my 13 road games, plus a Super Bowl.
Flat out psycho. Cool city though.