OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1039636451682480130[/tweet]

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Keenan Reynolds is Doug Baldwin though. Only difference is the jersey number.

This is great news. Can't wait to see how the young man does

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Curious to see if they activate him & play him. He has shown some interesting potential as a slot receiver in creating space. If it works, he could be a much needed safety valve for Russell Wilson.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Even though it was a late round draft pick, we traded a pick for a guy we just cut.........

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Blitzer88":36lr7u5l said:
Even though it was a late round draft pick, we traded a pick for a guy we just cut.........

Good. If he wasn’t cutting it, then they shouldn’t waste a roster spot on someone just because they used a draft pick on him.

If Luani clears waivers, maybe they will continue to develop him on the practice squad.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1kfuoago said:

I was thinking the same thing.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
I’m not going to falt them for exploring every avenue they could at that time, especially when they didn’t know then whether Earl Thomas would report for Week 1 or hold out until Week 10.

chris98251

Reaction score
They will try to sign him back if they can I am pretty sure, injury juggling is always a gamble.

kf3339

Reaction score
Really glad Reynolds is back on the official roster. I always felt he should have made the original roster, so correcting a wrong IMO.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1gm929gp said:

Yep, traded a 7th for a player that didn't see the active roster or play a single snap as a Seahawks player. Perhaps was necessary depth until ET returned. ET's hold out unfortunately had an additional cost when it was clear that depth @DB was light.

Wonder if he will be back?

vin.couve12

Reaction score
From some comments it seems we should have just cut Baldwin or traded him and kept cap friendly Reynolds. Funny stuff.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
vin.couve12":26onw3hh said:
From some comments it seems we should have just cut Baldwin or traded him and kept cap friendly Reynolds. Funny stuff.

Where do you see that? LOL.

toffee

Reaction score
I rather have Lockett play slot, backup by Keenan. Lockett is faster and more experienced.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Is it maddening that Madden isn’t the first to go? I know we had 5 safeties and all but I don’t get the appeal of Madden... okay he might make a highlight wheel route (spider y banana?) once in a blue moon with adequate to plus special team play, not going to call him an ace because he doesn’t stand out the way Coleman did but what use is a FB if he’s a rather underwhelming lead blocker.

Develop Will Dissly, or Darren Daniels, or Mike Davis. Hell, Poona Ford would probably destroy in that role. Mike Tolbert 2.0.

Jville

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":ndddjum6 said:
Is it maddening that Madden isn’t the first to go? I know we had 5 safeties and all but I don’t get the appeal of Madden... okay he might make a highlight wheel route (spider y banana?) once in a blue moon with adequate to plus special team play, not going to call him an ace because he doesn’t stand out the way Coleman did but what use is a FB if he’s a rather underwhelming lead blocker.

Develop Will Dissly, or Darren Daniels, or Mike Davis. Hell, Poona Ford would probably destroy in that role. Mike Tolbert 2.0.

Although Tre Madden clearly wasn't the thread's subject, your expression of displeasure does remind me of the repeated objections to Mack Strong in the early years of his 14 year career.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I’m not one to trash on players, and sorry for derailing this thread, but I see Madden pretty much as a poor man’s Derrick Coleman. For a team trying to get back to its smash-mouth identity, I just don’t see his value as a lead blocker. Even with Coleman, Seahawks still carried M-Rob and Tukuafu at times to be that bull.

And to add to the actual thread: On the Seahawks last series of the game, I really thought Keenan Reynolds would have been perfect for those desperation plays. He runs like a RB with some shiftiness and quick movements but he also has some history throwing the ball, so the backwards lateral probably would be on point.

Two things I would love to see from Reynolds and Schottenhiemer that I probably won’t:

Run Pass Option On A Screen Pass:

We’ve seen plays like this by many WRs but a new wrinkle would be Reynolds just reading the defense with an option to run if it’s a better decision.

Run Pass Option On A Jet Sweep:

1. Read defense, run sweep.
2. Read defense, throw ball.
3. Read defense, pitch/lateral back to Wilson.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Who cares that we cut a guy that we traded a 7th for? Roster churn has been happening here since day 1! Pay attention! Would you rather we NOT bring Keenan Reynolds up?

Keenan is a cross between Doug Baldwin and Golden Tate. A shifty receiver that is deceptive in his running abilities. I'd LOVE to see him on a Jet Sweep or Reverse, or plays similar to what the Rams were calling on MNF.

Keenan has set multiple records, and has been doing it consistently, not just once or twice. From 2013:

SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) — Keenan Reynolds set an NCAA record by scoring seven rushing touchdowns, including the game-winner in the third overtime, and Navy downed San Jose State 58-52 on Friday night.

Reynolds rushed for 240 yards on 36 carries and became the fourth quarterback in Navy (7-4) history to throw for more than 1,000 yards and run for more than 1,000 yards in the same season, and the ninth quarterback in NCAA history to score as many as 20 rushing touchdowns. He has 26 on the year, one shy of tying the NCAA mark.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... s/3685167/

AND HERE:

Navy senior quarterback Keenan Reynolds made history Saturday by setting the record for most career rushing touchdowns in Division I football.

Reynolds tied the mark at 84 with a 58-yard effort in the first quarter against rival Army and then moved into first place all by himself with a one-yard plunge in the second, according to SportsCenter.

CBS Sports @CBSSports

Keenan Reynolds is a very hard man to stop. He muscled his way to ANOTHER TD in this @USAA highlight. #ArmyNavy

https://t.co/d9gJlOTgz0

Pete Gilbert @WBALPete

I will forever remain incapable of understanding why Keenan Reynolds is not going to NY. He's earned it. Heisman Trust should be ashamed.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/259 ... touchdowns