R-E-L-A-X

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
Everyone, please take a deep breath and relax. It’s just game 1... We have a very long season ahead of us.

Russell Wilson will throw for 30+ TDS again this season. Denver had all off season to prepare for him and they came with a excellent rush scheme. Luckily for us, Rusell will adept like he always has. He will learn from the tape the way Denver attacked him and will adjust accordingly.

Regarding our RB’s. There is no need to force feed any of them just yet. It’s still at the very beginning parts of the season and we will need healthy and strong backs for the final stretch. Sure Penny looked lost at times and a step slower, but he’s a rookie. Give him time.

Earl had to be a on a pitch count. They could not have him play all game long, he would have risked injury. Especially now that he’s 29 and isn’t getting any younger.

With as much turnover as we’ve had, to only lose by 3 in one of the toughest home openers in the NFL, is quite the statement.

The season will be a good one. We are fast, we are hungry and we are young again.

PS. I think those refs had donkey jerseys underneath those pin stripes

Seymour

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":1glgyli6 said:
Everyone, please take a deep breath and relax. It’s just game 1... We have a very long season ahead of us.

Russell Wilson will throw for 30+ TDS again this season. Denver had all off season to prepare for him and they came with a excellent rush scheme. Luckily for us, Rusell will adept like he always has. He will learn from the tape the way Denver attacked him and will adjust accordingly.

Regarding our RB’s. There is no need to force feed any of them just yet. It’s still at the very beginning parts of the season and we will need healthy and strong backs for the final stretch. Sure Penny looked lost at times and a step slower, but he’s a rookie. Give him time.

Earl had to be a on a pitch count. They could not have him play all game long, he would have risked injury. Especially now that he’s 29 and isn’t getting any younger.

With as much turnover as we’ve had, to only lose by 3 in one of the toughest home openers in the NFL, is quite the statement.

The season will be a good one. We are fast, we are hungry and we are young again.

Didn't Seattle and Ifedi have all off season to prepare also?

OP
OP
A

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
Seymour":2rpa3vj3 said:
ApnaHawk":2rpa3vj3 said:

Ifedi is who he is. He’s not nowhere near the level of Von and quite frankly I don’t ever expect him to be good. Reports have came out talking about his entitlement feeling and such.

Did you seriously believe we can lock down Von Miller with this o-line?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I will take happy sunshine over cloudy rain any day of the week (one).

There are legitimate gripes for 12's to digest and discuss today. I will not undermine nor ignore those. But there are indeed two types of people in this world and that fact never shines more brightly than the day after a loss on .NET.

Which side do you fall on?

Seymour

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":8tss6s36 said:
Seymour":8tss6s36 said:
ApnaHawk":8tss6s36 said:

Ifedi is who he is. He’s not nowhere near the level of Von and quite frankly I don’t ever expect him to be good. Reports have came out talking about his entitlement feeling and such.

We are very quick to agree!!

Now you know why I cannot relax. :twisted: :3-1:

Now on Miller... Did you notice we often sent out our "blocking TE" on routes then kept him out much of the 2nd half? That is not helping your biggest weakness is it?

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Including pre-season and last year, we are 1-8 over the last 9 games. Im trying to relax but this is not looking good at the moment.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Didn't we have a "RELAX" thread last year?

The same one where we missed the playoffs entirely and then set records for offensive futility in the 1st half of games?

I seem to remember one after a few games because everyone was freaking out that we weren't scoring until the 2nd half (generally the 4th quarter)

OP
OP
A

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
Seymour":267lot1x said:
ApnaHawk":267lot1x said:
Seymour":267lot1x said:
ApnaHawk":267lot1x said:

Now on Miller... Did you notice we often sent out our "blocking TE" on routes then kept him out much of the 2nd half? That is not helping your biggest weakness is it?

I didn’t get why we didn’t chip Von Miller more often. I think we did more in the first quarter and half because we kept him quiet but I’d have to watch the game again to figure that out.

I’d like to think it has to do with pitch counts on players especially in that alitude. You know Pete is very cautious with his players health and well being. Maybe they kept Dissly out because this is his first NFL season and any extra snap will hurt him in December in the final stretch.

strohmin

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":zy8bya8u said:
Seymour":zy8bya8u said:
ApnaHawk":zy8bya8u said:

If Pete cant find offensive linemen that are actually hungry and willing to learn then he has really lost his way. How the hell is someone that is as bad as Ifedi and feels self entitled still on this team? Are they really that incompetent when it comes to finding O-linemen?

Seymour

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":2tug471x said:
Seymour":2tug471x said:
ApnaHawk":2tug471x said:
Seymour":2tug471x said:

I didn’t get why we didn’t chip Von Miller more often. I think we did more in the first quarter and half because we kept him quiet but I’d have to watch the game again to figure that out.

I’d like to think it has to do with pitch counts on players especially in that alitude. You know Pete is very cautious with his players health and well being. Maybe they kept Dissly out because this is his first NFL season and any extra snap will hurt him in December in the final stretch.

And maybe if we keep out key players that are having great games then the December "final stretch" will have zero meaning except which pick we get in 2019???

bmorepunk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":4hp5no58 said:

The same one where we missed the playoffs entirely and then set records for offensive futility in the 1st half of games?

I seem to remember one after a few games because everyone was freaking out that we weren't scoring until the 2nd half (generally the 4th quarter)

Sure, and we had plenty of threads/comments last year about the bet thing for the Seahawks would be for them to miss the playoffs because of "change".

So just like whatever, across the board.

sutz

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":35lmlp8b said:

Seattle scored in every quarter.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":3dg06ev3 said:

Don't tell me how to live my life. No REASONABLE fan is expecting SB or even playoffs this year. BUT we're hoping to see changes, and what we saw was more of the same. That is the frustration. We want new, even if it resulted in a bigger loss.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Can't relax when Khalil Mack will prob break Russell Wilson in half next monday.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
People have been saying he's gonna' get broken in half most of his career.
Now, will our coaching stuff actually figure out that you need to run the ball as well?

byau

Reaction score
ZagHawk":kaf1hxxn said:
ApnaHawk":kaf1hxxn said:

We're hoping to see changes, and what we saw was more of the same. That is the frustration. We want new, even if it resulted in a bigger loss.

Deleted some for brevity, think I got the main points in there.

It's just one game, I would give them 4 games to see if they got things figured out because as much as you try to change things that's not real-game experience.

So many variables and unknowns year, I swear listening to the broadcast i almost recognized NO names. That said, I'm on the wait and see side. I won't be surprised if they go 5 and 11, won't be surprised if they guy 9 and 7. Huge variables, huge standard deviation.

I'm almost surprised they won this one and that they only lost by 3.

Can't wait to re-assess after Game 4.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I AM RELAXED!!

j/k..........I'm cool, cause I don't think we're going to do better than 8-8, so it's all good. That's the key people in a rebuild, keep your expectations low.

But I like what I see out of our young player so far. Uncle Will, Griffin, Flowers, Penny, Carson looks great. So I have hope that Pete and John will get this train rolling again.

Just not gonna be this year.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":1q5qr3i3 said:

Reason why most are frustrated because we’ve seen this same team for years now. So until the hawks play consistent ball it’s going to be sky is falling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

olyfan63

Reaction score
That loss was about like losing to the (ex) San Diego Chargers in the heat, on grass. Regrettable, but not the final word in our season by any means.

Latest posts