Why is Carson sharing carries with Penny

kag0331

Reaction score
How come Penny looks like slow motion? Carson had some serious burst, ya vin Miller made an all pro play and stripped him but damn Carson looks FAST... broke tackles and caught he ball great.. *mod edit* he sharing the backfield, he looks in shape.. these RBs need to be in rhythm. The GM and Pete need to suck up their pride and put the best players in the field...this isn’t pre-season ball anymore..Does anyone else see this?!

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Lots to be concerned about from today, but Penny looking "MEH" as a runner has to be near the top of the list. I wouldn't call him "fat", but he shows no burst or breakaway potential. Not good for our 1st round pick.

To his credit, he missed a lot of time and might be thinking too much. Also, he did well as a receiving option (4 catches for 35 yards).

legend38

Reaction score
kag0331":22hfysrl said:
How come Penny looks like slow motion? Carson had some serious burst, ya vin Miller made an all pro play and stripped him but damn Carson looks FAST... broke tackles and caught he ball great.. wtf is he sharing the backfield, he looks in shape.. these RBs need to be in rhythm. The GM and Pete need to suck up their pride and put the best players in the field...this isn’t pre-season ball anymore..Does anyone else see this?!

Totally agree with this. I get these every down backs need a break but let’s not Watters/Alexander the backfield and Carson looks a lot better.

OP
OP
K

kag0331

Reaction score
Ok so you miss a lot of time and split carries with the clear cut BETTER player these entitled first round draft picks crack me up.. I go out on a limb and say if he wasn’t a first rounder he doesn’t touch the field.. and yes he looks heavy and he is SLOW sorry if you don’t see it but I watched damn near every game and the undrafted kid on the other team number 30 looked much better than penny a first round pick...

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Coaches probably trying to figure out the split and situations on carries. This game should make it easy for next week. Just sit Penny.

OP
OP
K

kag0331

Reaction score
This was a 50/50 split and look at the yardage difference and that’s withot he screen pass for 40+ yards getting called back, he looks better in every phase catching and running why would they “figure this out now” that’s three preseason... how many L’s they gonna take..

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
If you haven’t been paying attention during the Pete Carroll era, his preseason extends into the regular season. He uses the first handful of games to continue tinkering with rotations and personnel until they start hitting their stride. Anyone remember the great Drew Nowak experiment?

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Carson just needs to prove he can secure the ball. Everything else about his game is great. He should be getting 25+ carries. Carson’s runs were making the offense run smoothly, plus he is a good pass blocker (which we need) and receiver.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
LOL, you guys are harsh! First NFL game ever against a great defense, and you are ready to quit on the guy.
We’re you guys this hard on Carson when he fumbled??? Doubtful.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I think the Denver altitude had a lot to do with that. They were probably trying to rotate guys to keep them fresh.

Not a fan of Penny's first showing but like Shaquem, hard to blame a bad game when it is a rookie's first game.

Carson looked good though. Our offense looks pretty average without him.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
I hated the penny pic ! And I still do . Carlson passes the eye test and looks hungry

nanomoz

Reaction score
Maybe because Carson can't hold onto the ******* football?

CPHawk

Reaction score
Better question is how did the donks land 2 RB in later rounds that are better than our first round pick?

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2ahsu2v4 said:
nanomoz":2ahsu2v4 said:
Maybe because Carson can't hold onto the ******* football?

Truth. Just was going to post that. Penny didn’t fumble the ball.

Also didn’t gain any yards.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I would like to see Mike Davis spell Carson early on in the season then start to get Penny more touches. Penny just looks so slow out there.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
kag0331":3hb72b2w said:
Ok so you miss a lot of time and split carries with the clear cut BETTER player these entitled first round draft picks crack me up.. I go out on a limb and say if he wasn’t a first rounder he doesn’t touch the field.. and yes he looks heavy and he is SLOW sorry if you don’t see it but I watched damn near every game and the undrafted kid on the other team number 30 looked much better than penny a first round pick...

What has Penny done to make you call him entitled? This effin place man.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/SeaTimesSports/status/1038896910625460224[/tweet]