Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Best Touchdown In Seahawks History

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:28 pm
  • The Best Hit poll did well, so let's try a new topic. What is the best touchdown (in your mind) in Seahawks History? No poll because touchdowns are so ubiquitous over the years. Think game-winning, think cuiture-changing, etc...What ya got?

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Re: Best Touchdown In Seahawks History
Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:41 pm
  • I may have the name wrong but Paul Skansi? The game Derrick Thomas had 7 sacks or something like that. I had turned the game off out of frustration.
    I've never made that same mistake again. I watch until the bitter end
    acer1240
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:43 pm
  • Just hard to argue against Beastquake. That play really ushered in the greatest era of Seahawks history.

Percy Harvin taking it to the house was the moment we knew 48 was ours. That has to way up there.

Dave Krieg shaking off Derrick Thomas and hitting Paul Skansi was an unbelieveable play, although part of a lost season.

A few personal favorites -- Michael McCrary's blocked FG, handing it to Robert Blackmon (1996). You didn't see it live unless you were there as the game was blacked out. I was there.

1985 -- Krieg fumbles, kicks it, picks it up, finds Danny Greene. Would have been a really great play if Eric Dickerson didn't shred our defense on the next drive.
    * NET Staff *

Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:51 pm
  • Beastquake it tops for sure but I do have a couple favorites.

Touchdown pass from RW to Rice against the Patriots was great (You mad bro?)

Lynch's TD with 30 seconds left in the playoffs against the Falcons (2012 season)

Also very fond of the Hasselbeck slide TD against Washington (2005 playoffs).
    "It's Ground Hawks Day" Chris Berman
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:10 pm
  • Beastquake is the obvious choice. However here are few others

- Chancellors pick 6 from the Panthers goal line in the 2014 playoffs

- Wilson’s GW TD to Sidney Rice in OT against Chicago 2012. That was arguably the turning point to the 2012 season and to this day I still think the 2012 team was better than 2013s.

- Marshawn bulldozing defenders at the goal line against the Redskins 2012 playoffs

- Wilson’s GW bomb to Kearse in OT NFCCG 2014 against GB to clinch the NFC.

Really wouldn’t say any TD was too memorable in the SB48 simply because it was just utter domination the entire game.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:17 pm
  • For me. Smith SB 48.

Harvin SB 48 finally knew it was over.

Kams pick 6
    stang233
    NET Rookie

Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:17 pm
  • 4 & 7 TD to Kearse in NFCCG against the niners. I think we lose that game if that ball fell incomplete. Second best play of that game.
    NJlargent
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:18 pm
  • Wilson to Kearse for sure.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:22 pm
  • I'm kind of fond of this...

"God loves football, and He is particularly fond of the Seahawks!" :D :mrgreen:
    RastaHawk12!
    NET Starter

Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:29 pm
  • Oh, and certainly not the best or even in the countdown... but the effort by Golden Tate certainly deserves an honorable mention!

RastaHawk12!
    NET Starter

Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:37 pm
  • Pretty sure Tate was the first one with the ball in his hands and his feet on the ground. The Packers may have had the ball in their hands but no feet touching.
    StaffAmerica74
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:39 pm
  • NJlargent wrote:4 & 7 TD to Kearse in NFCCG against the niners. I think we lose that game if that ball fell incomplete. Second best play of that game.

Really great choice.
    * NET Staff *

Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:32 pm
  • Sherm's pick-6 against Houston that gave us a win in a game I was sure we'd lose. Changed season momentum, in my mind, and in a seriously important season!
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:28 pm
  • The Skansi catch is hard to beat and will always be my favorite. My son could grow up to play for the Seahawks, catch the winning pass in the Super Bowl, and I'd probably still rank the Skansi catch number 1.

That said, Beastquake I and II were frickin' awesome, as was Kearse's against the Packers. And this thread inspired me to go back and watch the supposed Fail Mary. I'd forgotten how much of a legit catch and touchdown that was.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:36 pm

Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:07 pm
  • Hawkstorian wrote:
    NJlargent wrote:4 & 7 TD to Kearse in NFCCG against the niners. I think we lose that game if that ball fell incomplete. Second best play of that game.

Really great choice.

This one for me too. Hawks were down 17-13 and it was already the 4th quarter. If they turned over on downs then the 49ers very well could have taken control. Instead it was the game winner.

naholmes
    NET Starter

Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:30 pm
  • For me it would be the 40 yard Lynch run at the beginning of the second half of the NFC championship against the 49ers. The Hawks were down 10-3 at that point in the game and the 9ers had controlled the game for most of the first half, they needed a drive to set the tone in that heavyweight battle.
    907Hawk
    NET Starter

Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:59 pm
  • Jon Ryan's TD pass.
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:17 pm
  • Dave Krieg hits Darryl Turner for an 80 yard TD on the first play of the game
    striking dumb the loud Denver crowd at Mile-High.

But Paul Skansi in KC is the stuff of a novel.
    Last edited by two dog on Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    "All in the game yo, all in the game"
    Omar Devon Little
    1980-2007
    two dog
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:19 pm
  • 4th and 7 to Kearse in the NFC Championship game is right up there. Hands down though, Beastquake wins. That was magnificent.
    "The ultimate number is W's, and that’s what matters in Santa Clara. As such, Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does." - Paul Gutierrez
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:34 am
  • Reading the comments on the video of Marshawn Lynch talking about Beastquake on NFL Films, I came across this:

"Should have showed the one where Marshawn won the Superbowl against the Patriots by running the ball into the endzone on the last play of the game".

Ouch.
    Madrid Hawk
    NET Rookie

Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:01 am
  • This feels like asking for the best catch in Giants history.

Has to be Beastquake.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:48 am
  • An older one would be Curt Warner sweep right against the Dolphins in the '83 playoffs. That's the game that started my obsession with the team.
    Jac
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:46 am
  • Way too many to choose from. But it has to be Beastquake.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:04 am
  • NJlargent wrote:4 & 7 TD to Kearse in NFCCG against the niners. I think we lose that game if that ball fell incomplete. Second best play of that game.

Mine too
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:32 am

It's possible, but they were offsides so we had a free play on that one. I agree the 2 Kearse TD's in both NFC Championship games have to be in the conversation for top 10 most important TD's in Seahawks history.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:43 am
  • Def an outstanding choice. That was a game changer no doubt.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:32 am
  • All great choices.

For me it is Beastquake. I wasn't even supposed to be at the game because my wife and I gave up our rights to the playoff game in our seats thinking, "Meh, they are 7-9. Not like they are going to beat the defending champs."

Whoops.

My buddy ended up getting two tickets so I went with him. That play will forever be etched in my mind as the single most fantastic, incredible, incomprehensible run I have ever seen in my life and will ever see in my life again. I truly thought the stadium was going to crash down. The vibration and noise was unparalleled. And it was the genesis that became our beloved Championship Era.

Runners up, definitely Kearse's TDs in the NFCCG's (both). Krieg to Skansi will always be a classic. Smith's Pick 6, Ryan's fake punt TD pass, on and on...

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:29 am
  • I'll throw in the 2012 Bears OT drive. One of most vital touchdowns in the history.
    quadsas
    NET Rookie

Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:31 am
  • quadsas wrote:I'll throw in the 2012 Bears OT drive. One of most vital touchdowns in the history.

Great call! Russell's true coming out party and also one of the catalysts that launched the new era of championship football in Seattle.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:47 am
  • Great thread, Aros.

Here are a few for an LOB walk down memory lane...

RastaHawk12!
    NET Starter

Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:06 am
  • Ad Hawk wrote:Sherm's pick-6 against Houston that gave us a win in a game I was sure we'd lose. Changed season momentum, in my mind, and in a seriously important season!

Awesome choice, if Sherman doesn't make that play, we lose the game, don't get HFA or division, and maybe are playing the NFCCG on the road in San Fran.
    Plus, isn't that the "Shoeless Dick Sherman!" play?
    2018 Adopt-A-Rookie: Rashaad Penny
    2018 BounceBack Bet: C.J. Prosise
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:07 am
  • two dog wrote:Dave Krieg hits Darryl Turner for an 80 yard TD on the first play of the game
    striking dumb the loud Denver crowd at Mile-High.

But Paul Skansi in KC is the stuff of a novel.

Loved that bomb to Turner. Hawks even won that game, IN DENVER, IIRC.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:08 am
  • Jac wrote:An older one would be Curt Warner sweep right against the Dolphins in the '83 playoffs. That's the game that started my obsession with the team.

Yet another awesome choice!! That O-Line and Curt almost made it look easy!
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:09 am
  • Ad Hawk wrote:Sherm's pick-6 against Houston that gave us a win in a game I was sure we'd lose. Changed season momentum, in my mind, and in a seriously important season!

That was a 'Team of Destiny' moment. Like no matter how bad they flubbed a game they always had a way to claw back into it.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:04 am
  • Jermaine Kearse breaking like 4 Broncos tackles to score from 23 yards out in the Super Bowl. That's one of the best individual efforts in Super Bowl history and probably gets overlooked because the game was already a blowout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pz5vZEKr9M
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:11 am
  • I haven’t read the whole thread yet but I’ll go with BeastQuake as best.

Because I saw it live,
    The pick six by Sherman in Houston, remember he lost his shoe. That was an awesome moment.
    It’s very likely that it was more awesome for me because of the overall situation.
    That was the game that HoustonHawk and myself hosted the tailgate party here.
    That game and party was one for the ages, and is one of my all time favorite Seahawk memories.

If you were there, it probably is for you too.
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:17 am
  • olyfan63 wrote:
    Ad Hawk wrote:Sherm's pick-6 against Houston that gave us a win in a game I was sure we'd lose. Changed season momentum, in my mind, and in a seriously important season!

Awesome choice, if Sherman doesn't make that play, we lose the game, don't get HFA or division, and maybe are playing the NFCCG on the road in San Fran.

Yep.

You guys remember.

Not claiming it was an all time great but in the situation, and where our season was going, it definitely makes my list.

Edit.

I lost my shit, I went absolutely ballistic in the stands.
    My wife had to calm me down as a couple of Texan fans were giving me the stink eye. Actually a ton of them were but two in particular were actually making threats.

Was an incredible feeling walking out of that stadium with the win, even if I had to watch over my shoulder the whole way.

Never did have any problems, and ultimately the Texan fans were great. Few even stopped by and helped us finish off our refreshments.
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:44 am
  • pmedic920 wrote:
    olyfan63 wrote:
    Ad Hawk wrote:Sherm's pick-6 against Houston that gave us a win in a game I was sure we'd lose. Changed season momentum, in my mind, and in a seriously important season!

Yep.

You guys remember.

Not claiming it was an all time great but in the situation, and where our season was going, it definitely makes my list.

Edit.

I lost my shit, I went absolutely ballistic in the stands.
    My wife had to calm me down as a couple of Texan fans were giving me the stink eye. Actually a ton of them were but two in particular were actually making threats.

Was an incredible feeling walking out of that stadium with the win, even if I had to watch over my shoulder the whole way.

Never did have any problems, and ultimately the Texan fans were great. Few even stopped by and helped us finish off our refreshments.

HE HAS FOLLOWERS, AND NOT JUST ON TWITTER
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:01 pm
  • Aros wrote:The Best Hit poll did well, so let's try a new topic. What is the best touchdown (in your mind) in Seahawks History? No poll because touchdowns are so ubiquitous over the years. Think game-winning, think cuiture-changing, etc...What ya got?

I don't know about just one touchdown..how about a flurry of touchdowns from Alexander

https://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/Alexander-sets-record-with-5-TDs-in-first-half-1097306.php

'Alexander soared to five first-half touchdowns -- an NFL record -- and the Seahawks scored 28 points in less than two minutes to effectively put away the Minnesota Vikings early in a record-setting display offensive firepower.

Also sort of fitting as to who we are playing this week :stirthepot:
    Beer, Football, Family=A wonderful life.
    Hawknight
    * Class Act Hawk Fan *

Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:18 pm
  • Wilson to Kearse in OT NFCCG 2014 against GB to clinch the NFC because it was the culmination of a game ending miracle.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:05 pm
  • I haven't seen this one mentioned yet, but it's easily in my top 10. OK, I'll say, even top 5, for me, because it marked a turning point, the Pete Carroll era Seahawks D and LOB serving notice on the league, in a very loud and public way.

Brandon Browner's pick-6 in October 2011 against the NY Giants, in a 10am road game, that changed a sure Seahawks loss into a "did that just happen?" win, against the team that won the Super Bowl that year.

Why is it important? It was a culture-changer. It was a narrative-buster.
    It was a rip-up-the-script moment, against a New York team.

It was the moment that said, "these are not Your Father's Seahawks."
    It was Pete Carroll's second year in Seattle, the season following BeastQuake, and Seattle was not in the hunt for a playoff spot, and Russell Wilson was lighting it up for the Wisconsin Badgers, not yet a Seahawk. That Giants team went on to win the Super Bowl that year, beating Brady and the Patriots.

The script was, that yes, these pesky Seahawks had put up a decent battle, but now it was time for the clock to strike midnight for Cinderella while SB champion QB Eli Manning calmly marched the Giants in for the Game-winning touchdown. I was already disgusted thinking about the knob-slobbering over Eli and the Giants that the announcers would soon launch into. I mean, I was still disgusted from the Behring years. And then....

Eli throws to Victor Cruz, who tries a one-handed catch, but then he sees Kam bearing down on him, pisses himself, and then the ball gets knocked up in the air, Browner snatches it, and goes 94 yards the other way for a TD. A 14-point swing in about 14 seconds of game clock.

Seattle won that game 36-25. For me, that game was the turning point, where the Seattle DEFENSE imposed their will on an opponent, on the road, in a 10am game.

So satisfying... instead of NY Media knob slobbering over Eli Manning and his late-game heroics, it was like the Seahawk D collectively grabbed the NY Media by the hair, yanked them around and said, "slobber over this instead."

An excerpt from a Danny Kelly FieldGulls article captures some of how I felt:
    https://www.fieldgulls.com/2012/1/23/27 ... he-defense
    "Overall, my personal confidence level in the Seahawks defense is vastly superior to that of last year, obviously. Last year, the Seahawks were very consistently slower, less athletic, and overmatched at pretty much every position, and a slow feeling of dread would creep into my stomach every time they took the field. Not so this season.

For the most part, I felt very confident in what the defense could do this season and in a number of games, they imposed their will on teams. They were more physical, more athletic, and more nasty than their opponents at times. The produced turnovers - the Seahawks had 22 interceptions (12 last year), 13 forced fumbles and 9 recoveries. They scored 4 touchdowns.

I hope everyone enjoys that trip down memory lane with the same fondness and exhilaration I remember it with. Can't believe that TD hasn't been mentioned yet.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:20 pm
  • acer1240 wrote:I may have the name wrong but Paul Skansi? The game Derrick Thomas had 7 sacks or something like that. I had turned the game off out of frustration.
    I've never made that same mistake again. I watch until the bitter end

It was also our first win at Arrowhead in like 10 years. I was pretty young at the time, but I remember watching that whole game on TV.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:51 pm
  • I know this will never top the list but i think it deserves to be mentioned:

Nov. 4 1984 vs KC Chiefs, Kenny Easley picked off a pass from Sandy Osiecki and returned it 58 yards for the TD. This was the 4th interception returned for a TD by the defense in that game, which remains an NFL record for INTs returned for TD, and also set the NFL record for INT return yards at 325. Both records stand to this day and will likely stand for a very long time.
    KiwiHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:21 am
  • olyfan63 wrote:I haven't seen this one mentioned yet, but it's easily in my top 10. OK, I'll say, even top 5, for me, because it marked a turning point, the Pete Carroll era Seahawks D and LOB serving notice on the league, in a very loud and public way.

Brandon Browner's pick-6 in October 2011 against the NY Giants, in a 10am road game, that changed a sure Seahawks loss into a "did that just happen?" win, against the team that won the Super Bowl that year.

Why is it important? It was a culture-changer. It was a narrative-buster.
    It was a rip-up-the-script moment, against a New York team.

It was the moment that said, "these are not Your Father's Seahawks."
    It was Pete Carroll's second year in Seattle, the season following BeastQuake, and Seattle was not in the hunt for a playoff spot, and Russell Wilson was lighting it up for the Wisconsin Badgers, not yet a Seahawk. That Giants team went on to win the Super Bowl that year, beating Brady and the Patriots.

The script was, that yes, these pesky Seahawks had put up a decent battle, but now it was time for the clock to strike midnight for Cinderella while SB champion QB Eli Manning calmly marched the Giants in for the Game-winning touchdown. I was already disgusted thinking about the knob-slobbering over Eli and the Giants that the announcers would soon launch into. I mean, I was still disgusted from the Behring years. And then....

Eli throws to Victor Cruz, who tries a one-handed catch, but then he sees Kam bearing down on him, pisses himself, and then the ball gets knocked up in the air, Browner snatches it, and goes 94 yards the other way for a TD. A 14-point swing in about 14 seconds of game clock.

Seattle won that game 36-25. For me, that game was the turning point, where the Seattle DEFENSE imposed their will on an opponent, on the road, in a 10am game.

So satisfying... instead of NY Media knob slobbering over Eli Manning and his late-game heroics, it was like the Seahawk D collectively grabbed the NY Media by the hair, yanked them around and said, "slobber over this instead."

An excerpt from a Danny Kelly FieldGulls article captures some of how I felt:
    https://www.fieldgulls.com/2012/1/23/27 ... he-defense
    "Overall, my personal confidence level in the Seahawks defense is vastly superior to that of last year, obviously. Last year, the Seahawks were very consistently slower, less athletic, and overmatched at pretty much every position, and a slow feeling of dread would creep into my stomach every time they took the field. Not so this season.

For the most part, I felt very confident in what the defense could do this season and in a number of games, they imposed their will on teams. They were more physical, more athletic, and more nasty than their opponents at times. The produced turnovers - the Seahawks had 22 interceptions (12 last year), 13 forced fumbles and 9 recoveries. They scored 4 touchdowns.

I hope everyone enjoys that trip down memory lane with the same fondness and exhilaration I remember it with. Can't believe that TD hasn't been mentioned yet.

Awesome!!!!!!
    "It's Ground Hawks Day" Chris Berman
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:43 am
  • I think without question Beastquake would win a voting poll. But the one TD that I think of when I'm considering 'Seahawks History' is Steve Largent's 100th. He was the FIRST receiver to get that many. It wasn't a flashy earthquake inducing TD, but it was historic. Largent brought respect to the franchise and the WR position.
    ~ HOLY CATFISH ~
    MD5eahawks
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:45 pm
  • Wasn't a Touchdown, it was a Safety, the first play in Super Bowl 48, it set the tone for the 59 and a half minutes after, who would have thought 2 points could take the heart and soul of a team.

Touchdown have to go with Beastquake, there are so many others over 40 plus years that meant something but this was one that started our run of dominance and woke up the NFL as well as the Country that the Seahawks were no longer a team in Egypt.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:34 pm
  • Lynch plowing through the Pats D to win XLIX!!!

Oh wait....
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:49 pm
  • Beastquake is the best touchdown ever so that’s kinda obvious. One no one mentioned one that I love is Sherman’s blocked field goal for a td. I think big Red blocked it. But that came after the best hit of all time. Kam on VD. We suffer them and forced that field goal. That was a Sunday night game Christmas present! Game three of our 150 points in three games historic run that let us know we were better than anybody.
    Agree with both Kearse catches in NFCCGs. Especially that 4th and 7. Our cable went out at Sun Mountain and we had to go to ESPN game fast to find out what was going on for that play.
    Percy’s return and Malcolm’s returns were also so awesome. John Ryan’s td in the NFCCG too.
    evergreen
    NET Starter

Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:39 am
  • stang233 wrote:For me. Smith SB 48.

Harvin SB 48 finally knew it was over.

Kams pick 6

I would second Smith in SB too....

We were only up 15-0 and Denver was driving around our 40 yard line before half to make it a one possession game. He INTS that makes it 22-0 and basically seals the franchises first super bowl win. Then Harvin slammed the door shut at any chance

"Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does"
    WilsonMVP
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:19 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information