Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Seahawks reportedly offered a 2nd round pick for QB Brissett

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

• Bizarre

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

• Yep, need to do something here. Our backup QB’s are not at all pleasant to watch.
    yummy down on this throbbing pole of hot man chicken.
    legend38
    NET Veteran

• I hear Colin Kaepernick is available
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

• Steve2222 wrote:I hear Colin Kaepernick is available
    All 89 lettuce eating lbs of him. Besides, Denver will be pc shamed into hiring that super bowl dumper

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
    NOLAHawk
    NET Rookie

• NOLAHawk wrote:
    Steve2222 wrote:I hear Colin Kaepernick is available
    All 89 lettuce eating lbs of him. Besides, Denver will be pc shamed into hiring that super bowl dumper

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Kaps corpse would still be an upgrade over Austin Davis
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

• A 2nd?

Really?

Not sure I see that.
    Grahamhawker
    NET Veteran

• Please stop throwing away draft picks.

Sincerely Everyone
    CsrolinaHawker
    NET Bench Warmer

• You don't do that move for just a backup..
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• This makes no sense on so many levels.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

• Coug_Hawk08 wrote:This makes no sense on so many levels.

Yeah wasn’t he traded to the Colts last year for like a 6th round pick? He started every game last year, but his play no was near good enough to improve his stock 4 rounds.

If that was a real offer the the Seahawks are dumb for giving that much up and the Colts are dumb for declining it. If Andy Luck goes down their season is screwed anyways.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

• Sounds like an Onion article.

Seriously, what?
    quadsas
    NET Rookie

• I know great sport is made of speculation. So how about looking for possible connections?

Brennan Carroll was the national recruiter coordinator for the University of Miami from 2011 thru 2014.

Jacoby Brissett committed to the University of Florida in 2011.

Brissett transferred to North Carolina State in his final year.

The same school Russell Wilson played at in all but his final collegian year.

If ya want to actually understand something, ya gotta at least try to make the effort, look into some resumes and do a little homework.
    Last edited by Jville on Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Do we even have a second round pick next year? I thought the Texans had that, unless we got another one that I'm not remembering.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• Such lazy posts. The fondness with criticism and moaning and groaning must lie in it's accommodation of out right laziness.

Let me repeat .....

Jville wrote:I know great sport is made of speculation. So how about looking for possible connections?

Brennan Carroll was the national recruiter coordinator for the University of Miami from 2011 thru 2014.

If ya want to actually understand something, ya gotta at least try to make the effort, look into some resumes and do a little homework.

...... anyone have anything enlightening to follow up with and post?
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Rat wrote:Do we even have a second round pick next year? I thought the Texans had that, unless we got another one that I'm not remembering.

Unfortunately, you are correct.
    Superbowl XLVIII Champions..."Can't keep everyone."
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

• Stop clamoring for Kaep. Man was offered a deal, declined it, and pinned it on the Hawks to make it seem like there's a conspiracy against him. Just like what happened with a number of teams.
    GLio14
    NET Rookie

• I really wish Schneider would stop trading away (or trying to trade away) valuable draft picks. I’m glad the Colts didn’t take this offer. Clearly the Hawks were planning on using Brissett as a bargaining chip for future RW3 contract negotiations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

• GLio14 wrote:Stop clamoring for Kaep. Man was offered a deal, declined it, and pinned it on the Hawks to make it seem like there's a conspiracy against him. Just like what happened with a number of teams.

My recollection is the Hawks brought him in for a look-see, and then he left town without an offer. No explanation was given.

Have you read something different? If so, do you have a link?
    Superbowl XLVIII Champions..."Can't keep everyone."
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

• Maybe it was something like the Whitehurst deal (swap of 2nd rounders plus a later pick), or one of those conditional deals where the pick goes from a 4th to a 2nd if he's really good.

I'd like a better backup QB option, but a straight-up 2nd rounder is too much.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• Jville wrote:I know great sport is made of speculation. So how about looking for possible connections?

Whats your point? That this make sense? It still doesn't. I cant believe Colts refused, its a free 2nd rounder for them
    quadsas
    NET Rookie

• quadsas wrote:
    Jville wrote:I know great sport is made of speculation. So how about looking for possible connections?

Whats your point? That this make sense? It still doesn't. I cant believe Colts refused, its a free 2nd rounder for them

:177692: Hey, if you want to dismiss taking any time to look into any background information or connections to support the sport of moaning and groaning ..... you can. It's easy. It requires virtually nothing from it's practitioner.

But, it doesn't contribute any useful information.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Jville wrote:I know great sport is made of speculation. So how about looking for possible connections?

He did not transfer his final year. He played 2014 and 2015 for NC State (trust me I watched him like I have watched Rivers, Glennon, RW)
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• quadsas wrote:

If true, I’m trying to figure out which FO was dumber here...the one which offered a 2nd round pick for Brissett or the one who declined the offer.
    Last edited by hawkfan68 on Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

• mikeak wrote:

He did not transfer his final year. He played 2014 and 2015 for NC State (trust me I watched him like I have watched Rivers, Glennon, RW)

Your right. That was in error.

Still there is what I think are telling connections.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Steve2222 wrote:I hear Colin Kaepernick is available

Sundays are indeed a good day to troll the forums
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

• This place isn't nearly skeptical enough. People do in fact make stuff up on the internet to further their own agendas and this story is dubious on several fronts.

Luck is much more fragile than Wilson and the value of a backup QB is higher to the Colts than it is to us. The Colts 3rd string QB is a UDFA rated significantly lower than either Austin Davis or Alex McGough.

The Seahawks traded our 2019 2nd for Duane Brown, and it is extremely unlikely that a high 2020 pick would be dealt at this time. The only 2020 picks that get moved at this time of year are very late conditional picks, such as the Bills 7th (conditional) for Corey Coleman or the Broncos 6th (conditional) for Su'a Cravens. It is possible that some sort of pick exchange could have been offered, but then the reported offer is flat out wrong and misleading.

Lastly, the rumor source is from a Patriots columnist who's most likely connection is to Brissett himself or Brissett's agent based on his tenure in NE. The interest in Brissett from the Hawks might be legitimate as that's something that Brissett could be aware of, but Brissett would obviously not be involved in any sort of compensation talks. The Colts FO, on the other hand, has strong motivation to inflate Brissett's value while the Hawks FO has motivation to keep proposed compensation quiet. There's no reason to think that a source here, if it exists, would be giving 100% honest information.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

• So Brissett is worth a 2nd rounder but hewhoshallnotbenamed is not?

Talk about putting things in perspective.
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

• I don’t know about what was offered but the NC State football forum reported that the Colts had turned down an offer from the Seahawks back before the summer. The report never said what was offered though.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

• How is saying Kap is avaliable trolling? So Brisset for a second is a better alternative than Kap on free agency? Just in case you guys aren’t aware, Kap >>>>>>>>>> Brisset >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Austin Davis
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

• A second rounder for a back-up? So thankful they turned us down.
    Beren
    NET Rookie

• brimsalabim wrote:I don’t know about what was offered but the NC State football forum reported that the Colts had turned down an offer from the Seahawks back before the summer. The report never said what was offered though.

Thanks ....... that provides a relative date in time to a recycled and now updated story line. :2thumbs: It fits time wise.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Steve2222 wrote:How is saying Kap is avaliable trolling? So Brisset for a second is a better alternative than Kap on free agency? Just in case you guys aren’t aware, Kap >>>>>>>>>> Brisset >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Austin Davis

You're right, and I wish we had him, but it's over for Kaep.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• adeltaY wrote:
    Steve2222 wrote:How is saying Kap is avaliable trolling? So Brisset for a second is a better alternative than Kap on free agency? Just in case you guys aren’t aware, Kap >>>>>>>>>> Brisset >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Austin Davis

Colin Kaepernick 'Had His Chance to be Here' and 'Passed' on Contract ---- John Elway. >>> http://amp.si.com/nfl/2018/08/16/john-elway-colin-kaepernick-denver-broncos-backup-quarterback-options
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• I don't believe this. I don't believe anybody would offer a second rounder for Brissett, and I don't believe anybody would turn down a second rounder for Brissett.
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran

• Jville wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:
    Steve2222 wrote:How is saying Kap is avaliable trolling? So Brisset for a second is a better alternative than Kap on free agency? Just in case you guys aren’t aware, Kap >>>>>>>>>> Brisset >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Austin Davis

Colin Kaepernick 'Had His Chance to be Here' and 'Passed' on Contract ---- John Elway. >>> http://amp.si.com/nfl/2018/08/16/john-elway-colin-kaepernick-denver-broncos-backup-quarterback-options

What has that got to do with the Seahawks or anyone else signing him? Elway demanded he take a paycut while he offered Osweiler 16M a year. There was no reason for Kaep to take such a low ball deal at the time.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• I find a 2nd for Brissett hard to believe, from the times I saw Brissett play. Would be very poor use of draft capital.

I thought Cardale Jones of San Diego looked decent as a developmental QB prospect. But our own rookie McGough looked even better. If San Diego releases either Smith or Jones, the Hawks should kick the tires.

All things considered, McGough, in last night's game, gave me the feeling like anytime he's under center, something great is about to happen, and we always have a chance. Hell, the last time I felt that way in preseason was... 2012 with Russell Wilson! And the last time before that I felt that way in preseason was... Sean Salisbury!!

Does anybody else even remember what a preseason garbage time phenom Sean Salisbury was for the Seahawks, back in the 1900's? OK, so it wasn't the 1900's, it just seems that long ago.
    2018 Adopt-A-Rookie: Rashaad Penny
    2018 BounceBack Bet: C.J. Prosise
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

• I'm not buying this for a second.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• Perhaps someone misheard and a "seventh" was the offer?

I don't buy the Seahawks would value a second round pick at the level of backup quarterback. Believing that would, I think, require the assumption that Russell Wilson will not be retained.
    nanomoz
    NET Veteran

• Say it with me folks:

FAKE NEWS!
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

• Fake news! Ban OP and lock thread.
    Hasselbeck wrote:Matt Flynn should be our starter. Wilson is nothing more than a backup and will never amount to anything in this league.
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• nanomoz wrote:Perhaps someone misheard and a "seventh" was the offer?

I don't buy the Seahawks would value a second round pick at the level of backup quarterback. Believing that would, I think, require the assumption that Russell Wilson will not be retained.

I'm going with this. I'd give a 7th for Brissett.
    2018 Adopt-A-Rookie: Rashaad Penny
    2018 BounceBack Bet: C.J. Prosise
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

• If anything, this speaks to the level of faith the Colts have in Luck to stay healthy. The guy just started "throwing a football" again recently.
    Now a guppy driver. Loving the Hawks with my bro Nanomoz for over 30 years
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

I get that you did some homework, but I don't see the connections. Brennan Carroll was the national recruiter for Miami, so because Brissett committed to a school in the same state... I don't see any connection there.

Brissett played at NC state, and Wilson played at NC State... but several years apart. I don't see any connection there either.

By "connection" I mean something that makes him more worthy of acquisition than any other backup QB in the league. I get that Miami is in Florida so therefore... Nah I still don't get that one, but I do get that NC State = NC State, but they got there years apart and by different means (one starting there, one ending there).
    KiwiHawk
    NET Veteran

• KiwiHawk wrote:

I get that you did some homework, but I don't see the connections. Brennan Carroll was the national recruiter for Miami, so because Brissett committed to a school in the same state... I don't see any connection there.

Brissett played at NC state, and Wilson played at NC State... but several years apart. I don't see any connection there either.

By "connection" I mean something that makes him more worthy of acquisition than any other backup QB in the league. I get that Miami is in Florida so therefore... Nah I still don't get that one, but I do get that NC State = NC State, but they got there years apart and by different means (one starting there, one ending there).

Brennan Carroll is familiar with Brissett as their time envelope at the University of Miami overlapped. The Carolina connection is an inference of Carolina's program and staff as an influence in developing and recommending quarterbacks.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Steve2222 wrote:How is saying Kap is avaliable trolling? So Brisset for a second is a better alternative than Kap on free agency? Just in case you guys aren’t aware, Kap >>>>>>>>>> Brisset >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Austin Davis

Kap is not a better QB than Brissett at this point but he MIGHT be a less expensive option.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

• Trrrroy wrote:I don't believe this. I don't believe anybody would offer a second rounder for Brissett, and I don't believe anybody would turn down a second rounder for Brissett.

Try and follow along ... at the point an offer was made the Colts weren’t positive that Luck would play football again much less this season so it’s not hard to believe they’d turn down on offer like that. Even now they are worried that Luck might not finish the season so they need a proven starter as their insurance policy. It also stands to reason that other GM’s would understand that and know it would take a substantial offer to get the Colts to part with their insurance policy. It makes sense to me.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

• Jville wrote:
    KiwiHawk wrote:

Brennan Carroll is familiar with Brissett as their time envelope at the University of Miami overlapped. The Carolina connection is an inference of Carolina's program and staff as an influence in developing and recommending quarterbacks.

Here's a thing - who gives a rats ass? It has very little to no influence on John Schneider's decision to offer a 2nd rounder. Just stop trying to appear smart, your ramblings don't make sense
    Last edited by KitsapGuy on Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: Language. No F Bombs in the main forums.
    quadsas
    NET Rookie

• Maybe they could use a Safety..

:sarcasm_off:
    "God loves football, and He is particularly fond of the Seahawks!" :D :mrgreen:
    RastaHawk12!
    NET Starter

• adeltaY wrote:
    Jville wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:

What has that got to do with the Seahawks or anyone else signing him? Elway demanded he take a paycut while he offered Osweiler 16M a year. There was no reason for Kaep to take such a low ball deal at the time.
    . It has to do with the comments above about Kap being a better backup signing than Brissett.
    Apparently there was a reason for him to take the Denver contract as he is still searching for a deal today. It was also reported that he turned down a deal from the ravens because he didn’t want to be a back up. If he still sees himself as only a starter then he’s not a back up option for us either.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

• Kaep isn't really an option anymore I agree. I was questioning the relevance of him being offered a crappy deal two years ago to the discussion today.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:52 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information