Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Two images that I think defines a Russell Wilson

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • You put them together and it explains a lot.

Not everything but close.
    Attachments
    QB Efficiency 2017.jpg
    QB Efficiency 2017.jpg (236.29 KiB) Viewed 1734 times
    Russell Wilson Out of Pocket Vision and Accuracy.png
    Russell Wilson Out of Pocket Vision and Accuracy.png (143.46 KiB) Viewed 1734 times
    NINEster
    NET Veteran

• There sure are going to be a lot of surprised people around the US when they see RW behind a line that's better than a junior college JV team. Subpar pocket game? What pocket? You mean the pocket created when all 5 cable-coached O-linemen fell down whiffing on their illegal cut blocks? :roll: :roll: :roll: All while RW was waiting for his 2 WRs to converge on a single spot way downfield where at least 3 defenders waited, in another brilliantly drawn out play by bevel? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: On 3rd and 6 from our own 10? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Keep right on expecting that crapshow to repeat, NFL. Just wait. :mrgreen:
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

• So he has great out of pocket accuracy but is one of the least efficient QB's is the NFL in terms of scoring TD's? I'm lost here.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• getnasty wrote:So he has great out of pocket accuracy but is one of the least efficient QB's is the NFL in terms of scoring TD's? I'm lost here.

I'm going with Garoppolo at the top of the list as the primary factor for posting, but I could be wrong..
    Grahamhawker
    NET Veteran

• First table is a bit of a stretch for telling anything specific about a QB. Too many factors affect a drive. It speaks to a team's offensive issues or efficiency, but that's about it.
    lobohawk
    NET Veteran

• getnasty wrote:So he has great out of pocket accuracy but is one of the least efficient QB's is the NFL in terms of scoring TD's? I'm lost here.

It's about scoring TDs or FGs.

And BTW, the Benoit tweet aside, Wilson did throw the most TDs in the league last year.

So it's interesting to see how anyone can possibly lead the league in TD passes and their team's scoring efficiency isn't very good.

It's implying that Wilson is basically making miracle play after miracle play to compensate for his own team or to compensate for other parts of his game.
    Last edited by NINEster on Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
    NINEster
    NET Veteran

• Grahamhawker wrote:
    getnasty wrote:So he has great out of pocket accuracy but is one of the least efficient QB's is the NFL in terms of scoring TD's? I'm lost here.

I'm going with Garoppolo at the top of the list as the primary factor for posting, but I could be wrong..

Despite what it seems, I have a very genuine fascination with Wilson.

He's the most unorthodox successful QB I've ever watched, and I've been watching since the late '80s.

If I can get a similar efficiency table for years past, I would definitely analyze them.
    NINEster
    NET Veteran

• Attributing all failed drives to the QB is foolish nonsense. Last year, Seahawks had a bad and penalty-plagued offensive line, a horrible field goal kicker, and the worst running game in franchise history.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• Not to dwell in the past, and I'm encouraged by certain changes this offseason, but RW's 31.9%, bottom in the NFL, surprises me not. Exactly what it's felt like the last couple years or more: RW often moving the chains with success until we get to around the 30- or 35-yard line, and the suddenly it's as if the turf were pure kryptonite to the Seahawks' offense. Have been waiting patiently for THIS to get fixed in order to consider our offense truly legitimate. Maybe they'll turn a corner this season.

Remember this discussion? viewtopic.php?f=2&t=137932

Edit: Not at all saying it's all on RW. In 2017 it was largely the atrocious OL, ineffective TE blocking, and a bad year for our RBs.
    Ruminator
    NET Veteran

• I love Dang3Russ, I love that he has a generational magical gift and I love that Pete wants to exploit that gift with backyard can’t catch me can’t catch me football, but, there are some stats in the league that are glorified yet typically indicate a broken system. For instance, show me leader in TD passes, I’ll ask you how the run game is going. There are some categories where it’s great to be middle of the pack or number ten or so. Just ask our pedestrian Super Bowl winning wide recieving corp from 2013.
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

• How do they define Wilson? You took a single season offensive drive stat and attributed it to one player irrespective of context and a tweet from a Wilson denier that happens to compliment him.

I read your explanation in a later post and I guess it makes sense. I disagree that this combo of images defines Wilson as a player, there are many better stats for that.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• Grahamhawker wrote:
    getnasty wrote:So he has great out of pocket accuracy but is one of the least efficient QB's is the NFL in terms of scoring TD's? I'm lost here.

I'm inclined to agree. Don't rise to the bait I say.
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• Do one thing.

Look at Wilson's numbers in the 2nd half. Then compare them by quarter.

The #s in the 1st half are the product of Pete's stupidity. Pete is a smart guy, but he has always (even at USC) had a blind spot for idiot assistants. And that continued here.

Wilson has literally the best scoring offense in the league in the 4th quarter. He scores when he has to.

But the stupidity of the gameplans he was forced to work with and Pete's inability to figure out that his OC was incompetent for YEARS - screwed Wilson.

I don't think Wilson is elite, (though close) but as even a casual football fan I would expect you to recognize that he is tremendously good when he has to be, even more so given what he has to work with.

I have been harping on TD efficiency for years now, because we walk down the field and then shoot for FGs constantly. But to imply that it is all Wilson is ridiculous when you look at what he produces when they take the leash off. That is not always against prevent defenses. Many times he is driving to score within one score because our defense has held the other offense down for 3 quarters.

If anything, those numbers are an indictment of Pete and how he has squandered the years of great defense combined with a great quarterback because of his failure to remove an underproducing OC until this year. We likely lost 3 solid years as a potential SB contender due to that inaction.

But it does not all fall on Wilson, and anyone will tell you that I am not shy in criticizing Wilson when he falls short.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• If I defined Wilson with two images, it’d probably be the dad bod Hawaiian shirt pic, and then him holding up the SB trophy. :lol:

For the OP, the first one is pretty much nothing, and the second with the caveat about pocket passing is not really even true. Not very good selections imo.
    Last edited by Coug_Hawk08 on Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

• I think these images define Wilson a lot better.
    Attachments
    B0DDC23D-7DAA-409C-891D-5AB7FB88D1B8.jpeg
    B0DDC23D-7DAA-409C-891D-5AB7FB88D1B8.jpeg (81.03 KiB) Viewed 1241 times
    4C1164B8-3C4A-4E48-A4A2-3B4A24195B71.jpeg
    4C1164B8-3C4A-4E48-A4A2-3B4A24195B71.jpeg (32.98 KiB) Viewed 1241 times
    ~ HOLY CATFISH ~
    MD5eahawks
    NET Veteran

• Yep. #WINNNERRR^
    Love, Peace & Elbow Grease. Let's ROLL, Hawks!
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

• It never ends.......
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• OP, please re-title this thread: "Two images that I think define the 2017 running game."
    Own The West
    NET Rookie

• Russell Wilson did more with less last season than any quarterback I have ever seen. The 2017 Seahawks would have been a 4-win team at best without Wilson, which is remarkable considering that the team might have finished 12-4 WITH Wilson if they'd had a kicker worth his salt.

Give Wilson decent protection and a decent running game to work with this year and he will set the league on fire.
    Shadowhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• There is exactly one elite quarterback in the NFL who regularly produces - hell, who avoids being a total disaster every week - without the normally mandatory quality of regularly hanging in the pocket. He's playing for the Seahawks. He CAN do it. He just doesn't like to.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Get used to it, not gonna' change for many. Meh, he can do it all.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• One word that describes this thread.

Trolling

Russell has been in the league 6 years not one. :roll:

Seymour
    NET Veteran

• TwistedHusky wrote:I don't think Wilson is elite, (though close) but as even a casual football fan I would expect you to recognize that he is tremendously good when he has to be, even more so given what he has to work with.

To be 5'11" and be a top ten QB in the NFL is an elite accomplishment. To even be a starter in this league at that size is remarkable. Wilson has the elite skill of taking shortcomings (size, crap OLine, crap gameplans, crap running) and making something positive out of them. Most other QB's would fall apart in some of the situations RW has played in.

To deny RW elite status because he misses one checkbox in an otherwise stellar resume despite playing at a significant physical disadvantage, is larceny IMO.

It's like saying TB12 isn't elite because his rushing numbers suck. Wilson carried the team last year when the OL was abysmal, the running game was MIA, the defense was injured and giving up points like a sieve. I have all the respect in the world for almost getting us to the playoffs in that scenario.
    Mad Dog
    NET Rookie

• Wilson isn't an elite QB? Thx for a laugh, always good on a Monday.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• You want to see what he CAN do when he's in a decent pocket protected by his line? Look at the second half of the 2015 season. His line has never provided him with better protection than they did during that stretch and when he WASN'T having to scramble for his life he went friggen berserk.

His numbers for the final eight games that season:

67.5% completions, 2146 yards passing, 25 TDs, 2 INTs.

I have no doubt that he'd be as lethal in the pocket as Drew Brees has been IF he gets a damn pocket to work from.
    "There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"
    IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *

• But wait, he threw 2 interceptions, not acceptable :roll:

Damn, those numbers...behind that swiss cheese line? Wow
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:05 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information