Russell Wilson finally sees consistency in offensive line

toffee

Reaction score
https://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2018/ ... sive-line/

“Well, for the first time in, I don’t know, a while in my opinion really since we won the Super Bowl, we’ve had a consistent offensive line in practice,” Wilson said Thursday. “That consistency is huge. Obviously, guys fill in every once in a while, but I mean from obviously all the way from the left side to the right side, we’re really solidified in our line and what we’re doing and the calls and everything else.

“It makes a difference.”

Wilson said Solari really explains the “whys” of football from blocking schemes to pass protection.

“It’s cool just to watch one of the best offensive line coaches in the game of football,” Wilson explained. “He’s been that for a long time. To have him on our football team is a good thing.”
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... sive-line/
“I think [new offensive line] coach Mike Solari is doing a tremendous, tremendous job. We were in the meeting room yesterday actually and just how he installs certain things or really talks about football, talks about what they’re going to do, what we’re going to do . . . and obviously coach [Brian] Schottenheimer leads the way in that . . . but also to listen to coach Mike Solari really explain blocking schemes and what we’re trying to do in the pass protection game and why we’re trying to do it and really explain the whys of football. And his meetings are really interactive, you learn a lot. It’s cool just to watch one of the best offensive line coaches in the game of football — he’s been that for a long time — to have him on our football team is a good thing.”

Sounded like a "kiss my azz" call to Cable from Russ.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Ooooh I am really looking forward to this translating in game action. I'm sure Russ is too, of course.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I believe Solari will make this unit league average.

And that is a GREAT compliment for the record.

An AVERAGE OL will make our running game talent operate at full efficiency. This in turn will create play action and read option effectiveness...I fully expect - injuries aside - our offense to be top 10, possibly even top 5 this season.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
When he talks so much about how Solari explains why they do something, does anyone else get the idea Cable's attitude was just "just do it this way" with no explanation?

pmedic920

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":3r4i10ms said:
When he talks so much about how Solari explains why they do something, does anyone else get the idea Cable's attitude was just "just do it this way" with no explanation?

We could speculate on a bunch of things related to this.

We do know however, that it wasn’t working.
We know the leader/coach is gone.
We know our QB is optimistic.

That translates to.....

I’m a happy camper, and I’m looking forward to this camping season.

GoHawks.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Aros":672vemql said:
I believe Solari will make this unit league average.

And that is a GREAT compliment for the record.

An AVERAGE OL will make our running game talent operate at full efficiency. This in turn will create play action and read option effectiveness...I fully expect - injuries aside - our offense to be top 10, possibly even top 5 this season.
Lets not forget about what it will do for the defense. Rest and less time for the opponent to score.

Truly exciting anticipation.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Agreed, this is a positive sign. In another thread there are posters who seem to have conceded the season to the Rams.
With a healthy roster, I'm thinking the Seahawks will match or exceed their best regular season W-L record. And why not this year's team?

mrt144

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":1kw24r2w said:

It boggles the mind that someone would not explain the way, in a job where much of it is to teach, but...

I've had quite a few bad teachers and coworkers who don't feel the need to explain things.

Hawknight

Reaction score
toffee":1zn0cfxn said:
https://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2018/08/17/russell-wilson-finally-sees-consistency-in-offensive-line/

“Well, for the first time in, I don’t know, a while in my opinion really since we won the Super Bowl, we’ve had a consistent offensive line in practice,” Wilson said Thursday. “That consistency is huge. Obviously, guys fill in every once in a while, but I mean from obviously all the way from the left side to the right side, we’re really solidified in our line and what we’re doing and the calls and everything else.

“It makes a difference.”

Wilson said Solari really explains the “whys” of football from blocking schemes to pass protection.

“It’s cool just to watch one of the best offensive line coaches in the game of football,” Wilson explained. “He’s been that for a long time. To have him on our football team is a good thing.”
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... sive-line/
“I think [new offensive line] coach Mike Solari is doing a tremendous, tremendous job. We were in the meeting room yesterday actually and just how he installs certain things or really talks about football, talks about what they’re going to do, what we’re going to do . . . and obviously coach [Brian] Schottenheimer leads the way in that . . . but also to listen to coach Mike Solari really explain blocking schemes and what we’re trying to do in the pass protection game and why we’re trying to do it and really explain the whys of football. And his meetings are really interactive, you learn a lot. It’s cool just to watch one of the best offensive line coaches in the game of football — he’s been that for a long time — to have him on our football team is a good thing.”

Sounded like a "kiss my azz" call to Cable from Russ.

Russ was already dangerous with a shaky offensive line, imagine what he do with a few extra seconds. Many people doubting this season, but I think we are in for a huge surprise. :179422:

sutz

Reaction score
GeekHawk":1kiu34zk said:
Wait a minute - how the heck are we going to go 2-14 now? :mrgreen:
We're Seattle. Where there's a way, there's a Seahawk.

:sarcasm_off:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He is flat out locked in, and looks fast again. And not just because I love me some Russ. He clearly has his legs back.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Expecting a monster season out of Russ this year.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Plus 1. Is it just me or does he look really fast? I do like the tempo of the offense too, and it looks like they will be able to actually.....wait for it.......run the ball a little? :lol:

Natethegreat

Reaction score
The offensive line is consistent for sure. Ifedi has been consistently terrible for 2 years now with no signs of improvement. Its disappointing that what could be a decent offensive line is destroyed by one very weak link.

I know they can scheme around Ifedi some and maybe thats why they let Graham go and drafted Dissley but man I'm bummed that Jamarco Jones is injured. Not that he would have been great, but some competency at RT would elevate this line a lot.

Latest posts