Notes from training camp day 14

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Since settling in with the No. 1 defense at free safety, Tedric Thompson has been getting more and more comfortable in that spot every day. And as Thompson gets more comfortable within that role, it allows him to play fast, something that shows up in a number of ways, not the least of which is his ability to go from a deep center field position towards the line of scrimmage in a hurry to make a play. On Thursday Thompson nearly intercepted a short pass and broke the ball up after starting the play from a deep middle assignment, and throughout camp he has looked fast and decisive in run support from that position as well.

“He’s growing,” safety Bradley McDougald said. “I just see growth continuously. Growing, not making the same mistake twice. He had a great play coming from the middle of the field today, breaking up a pass. Just gaining confidence, I think that’s what the first game did, and he’ll gain even more as he’ll continue to go through these preseason games and onto Week 1.”

https://www.seahawks.com/news/six-obser ... ining-camp

toffee

Reaction score
If Tedric managed to do well, our team displaying good chemistry, is and has a winning record by mid season with defense hold its fort. What do we do if Earl decided to make his long resisted fold and return to the Hawks at that point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chrispy

Reaction score
...then you pay Earl the highest salary at his position- backup free safety.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
toffee":klkdy5if said:
If Tedric managed to do well, our team displaying good chemistry, is and has a winning record by mid season with defense hold its fort. What do we do if Earl decided to make his long resisted fold and return to the Hawks at that point?

That’s a no brainer.....
You play the best player at that position. ET.

Unless you are into holding grudges at the expense of losing games.

kf3339

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":cl17j62i said:
toffee":cl17j62i said:

That’s a no brainer.....

I think has to depend on our record at the time he decides to return. If we have a good record and a shot for a playoff berth you play him. But if we are not in that position and have little or no shot I would keep Tedric in for experience. It's not about holding grudges, but the future. At least in the second scenario.

Everyone at this points pretty much understands ET isn't re-singing with us if we don't franchise him next off-season. So let Tedric develop.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
kf3339":118k5bqc said:
Sports Hernia":118k5bqc said:
toffee":118k5bqc said:

That’s a no brainer.....

I think has to depend on our record at the time he decides to return. If we have a good record and a shot for a playoff berth you play him. But if we are not in that position and have little or no shot I would keep Tedric in for experience. It's not about holding grudges, but the future. At least in the second scenario.

Everyone at this points pretty much understands ET isn't re-singing with us if we don't franchise him next off-season. So let Tedric develop.

If you are talking mid season I don't think so, especially if T2 has been playing well. The issue is moot at this point and obviously both sides are willing to move on and with a young and up coming FS who is playing good football,,,,, sorry, he keeps playing.

If ET holds out during the season then our relationship with him is over. If we are keeping ET it has to be before the season starts. IMHO

toffee

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2tc2p6ae said:
kf3339":2tc2p6ae said:
Sports Hernia":2tc2p6ae said:
toffee":2tc2p6ae said:

That’s a no brainer.....

If you are talking mid season I don't think so, especially if T2 has been playing well. The issue is moot at this point and obviously both sides are willing to move on and with a young and up coming FS who is playing good football,,,,, sorry, he keeps playing.

If ET holds out during the season then our relationship with him is over. If we are keeping ET it has to be before the season starts. IMHO

I am with Seahawkfreak, let's say we are 5-3 going into midway point with team defense playing good and on an upswing. I won't rock the boat by installing Earl, Pete changed our system to fit new players and it would have to be working to get to 5-3. Installing Earl would mean having to readjust the system, Earl would be an injury risk having sat out TC and pre-season. i won't reinstall Earl, but Earl is still my dawg.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I don't see Tedric having that much of an impact. Especially after tonight.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Yeah, dumb idea.

If you have Thomas available to play at any point this year, you play him.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1r8b67ts said:
Yeah, dumb idea.

If you have Thomas available to play at any point this year, you play him.

I think that it depends on his attitude. He would need to be 100% positive...in the locker room and out.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1kckas59 said:
toffee":1kckas59 said:

That’s a no brainer.....

Yup, you play the best, which is Earl. Then, two weeks later when he tweaks his hamstring and has to sit, you IR his butt.