Roster Churn 8/15

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1029818550205145088[/tweet]

Roster Churn and Auditions continue.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I like that way that he tackles (head up using his shoulder) and also like his active hands causing fumbles when sacking the QB.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Hmmmm.....I think this signing is to compensate for the loss of Dion Jordan. He looks to be a similar type of player. Hopefully he still has some juice left in the tank.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Well, he’s a veteran edge rusher who will have to adjust on the fly to playing with his hand down on the turf. You can see he has accumulated a lot of splash plays over the years. But very low pressure rate in his career, not that quick or explosive, kind of stiff, poor usage of hands, gets stonewalled a lot, no countermoves, decent against the run. Not sure I would rather have him getting playing time than rookie Jacob Martin, who has impressed. On the other hand, Walden is stronger and more experienced. We are kind of desparate right now for an outside pass rush.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
In our first pre-season game, we won the battle of first-stringers, and then our depth dropped off. You just don't have 10-sack depth guys. If he can contribute off the bench, then good signing.

Fade

Reaction score
Designated Pass Rusher.

He won't play in the Base Defense if he makes the team.

He is a guy that will sub in to come off the edge in obvious pass rush situations.

He fills the Dion Jordan void in those situations.

Okay signing.