Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Predicting end-season stats for rookies!

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Predicting end-season stats for rookies!
Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:34 pm
  • I'll start with some notable guys:

Rashaad Penny: 125 carries, 437 yards. 3.5 ypc. Under an improved offensive line, Rashaad Penny gets a decent amount of carries and isn't stonewalled, but doesn't light the world on fire either. Carson gets bulk of carries.

Rasheem Green: 5.5 sacks. Rasheem shows promise and improvement - he's winning with his hands, which you didn't see tremendously often on his college tape. He'll play a fair amount of end and move inside to 3T on pass situations, and he'll look pretty good doing so.

Will Dissly: 28 catches, 235 yards. 3 TD. Dissly is mostly used as a blocker, but can be used in 2TE sets. I think Vannett takes majority of first string snaps. I have a hunch Dickson doesn't end up contributing much - Carroll has been pessimistic about his quad injury. I think Dissly is our franchise tight end and Vannett leaves in free agency when the time comes, but that may not happen. Buzz is that Vannett and Wilson are developing a strong rapport.

Jacob Martin: 1.5 sacks. Martin needs to get off the snap a bit quicker and develop his pass rush moves. His first step is noticeably slow, but his top-end speed is very good. I expect him to make the roster and rotate in during pass rush situations, but I don't see him getting home often. Potential is there, though.

Michael Dickson: 47.8 yards per punt, with a net average of 45.2. This guy is gonna cause a few muffed punts, too.

Poona Ford: 2.5 sacks from the DT position. Love me some Poona.

Shaquem: I won't predict Shaquem stats, but I will say that I'd bet he isn't going to get looked at for strong safety. No way no how.

Anyone else want to predict some stats? We'll come back to this after week 17.
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: CJ Prosise, Quill Griffin
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-UDFA: Lene Maiava, Jordan Roos
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• I think Dissly's stats are way too optimistic.

Luke Willson his rookie year had just 20 catches for 272 yards and a TD.

I think 20 seems about right, that is unless Dickson is out of the picture for a good portion of the year.

I think we'll see Jacob Martin with 3 sacks.

All the other predictions I think are reasonable. It would be nice if our RB's group could post 1500-1700 yards rushing this year.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

• I predict that Michael Dickson is responsible for at least 1 win with his kicking. Something like booting us out of our own end zone, or one of his kicks causing a turnover deep in opposing territory that turns in to a Touchdown.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

• Greene, Martin, and Griffin will combine for 12 sacks.
    WE ALL WE GOT, WE ALL WE NEED!!!!!!!!!!!
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran

• Maelstrom787 wrote:I'll start with some notable guys:

Rashaad Penny: 125 carries, 437 yards. 3.5 ypc. Under an improved offensive line, Rashaad Penny gets a decent amount of carries and isn't stonewalled, but doesn't light the world on fire either. Carson gets bulk of carries.

Rasheem Green: 5.5 sacks. Rasheem shows promise and improvement - he's winning with his hands, which you didn't see tremendously often on his college tape. He'll play a fair amount of end and move inside to 3T on pass situations, and he'll look pretty good doing so.

Will Dissly: 28 catches, 235 yards. 3 TD. Dissly is mostly used as a blocker, but can be used in 2TE sets. I think Vannett takes majority of first string snaps. I have a hunch Dickson doesn't end up contributing much - Carroll has been pessimistic about his quad injury. I think Dissly is our franchise tight end and Vannett leaves in free agency when the time comes, but that may not happen. Buzz is that Vannett and Wilson are developing a strong rapport.

Jacob Martin: 1.5 sacks. Martin needs to get off the snap a bit quicker and develop his pass rush moves. His first step is noticeably slow, but his top-end speed is very good. I expect him to make the roster and rotate in during pass rush situations, but I don't see him getting home often. Potential is there, though.

Michael Dickson: 47.8 yards per punt, with a net average of 45.2. This guy is gonna cause a few muffed punts, too.

Poona Ford: 2.5 sacks from the DT position. Love me some Poona.

Shaquem: I won't predict Shaquem stats, but I will say that I'd bet he isn't going to get looked at for strong safety. No way no how.

Anyone else want to predict some stats? We'll come back to this after week 17.

Penny: I'm gonna say he starts to get more and more carries as the season goes along, being a nice second half to Carson. Neither net over 1000 rushing, instead Penny stacks up at around 600 and Carson 800.

Green: He'll flash and show what he can offer the team, the next few years will be promising. I'll stay in your ballpark and say maybe 4-5 sacks.

Dissly: Hard to say, I don't think he'll be used much unless he proves he can move up the depth chart and do more than just block, which is the main reason he's here. I think he'll be a great addition to the team, but I say more around 12 catches, 121 yards, 1 TD.

Martin: Rotation will help him stay fresh and there is talent as you mentioned. I think he'll get his chances though and get at least 3 sacks.

Dickson: Jon is gone (more than likely) and Dickson will be one of the better Punters out there in the league. Same ballpark, around 47-49 per punt.

Ford: He's got fire in his belly and he'll take every opportunity. 2 sacks.

Griffen: He'll be a monster.
    Seahawk_Dan
    NET Veteran

• Well, look at that. Sounds like a very good draft. :stirthepot:
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Predict that our secondary is top 10, Our run defense is also top 10 and we have a top ten running game also.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• I predict 1000 yards for Penny.
    Hasselbeck wrote:Matt Flynn should be our starter. Wilson is nothing more than a backup and will never amount to anything in this league.
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• jlwaters1 wrote:I think Dissly's stats are way too optimistic.

Luke Willson his rookie year had just 20 catches for 272 yards and a TD.

I think 20 seems about right, that is unless Dickson is out of the picture for a good portion of the year.

I think we'll see Jacob Martin with 3 sacks.

All the other predictions I think are reasonable. It would be nice if our RB's group could post 1500-1700 yards rushing this year.

Luke Willson played in the Bevell offense. Schotty features TEs a lot more. Cant really compare.
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *

It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:03 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information