Poll: Best Hit In Team History

What is the best hit you have ever seen in team history?

• Kam's Hit on Vernon Davis

Votes: 68 50.0%
  • Ken Hamlin's Hit on Donte Stallworth

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Darryl Williams Hit on Rickey Dudley

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Steve Largent's Hit on Mike Harden

Votes: 54 39.7%
  • Other (Read my comments)

Votes: 3 2.2%

• Total voters

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Okay, let's try this again. Total brain fart for forgetting Largen't infamous hit so it's been added. I've been chatting with RastaHawk and we are talking about that Ken Hamlin hit (where the player's face looks deformed) and Kam's legendary hit on Veron Davis which got me to thinking...What do you think is the best, most devastating hit by a Seahawks defender in franchise history? Here's some options to consider...

Kam's Hit on Vernon Davis

Llor 062617 getty ftrjpg a6ibokjbwvi41og7wvqbgoaqr

[youtube]78qF72JwJwA[/youtube]

Ken Hamlin's Hit on Donte Stallworth

7828077 fee4875889

Darryl Williams Hit on Rickey Dudley (Couldn't find the epic photo)

[youtube]XcZZlMKL5xw[/youtube]

Steve Largent's Hit on Mike Harden

[youtube]KKHKtkct5Hw[/youtube]

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I remember them all vividly. The Largent one was next level imo since he had already had a cheap shot thrown his way earlier in the season. That happened in our end zone, and I just remember us all going ballistic after that hit. And in an extremely rare moment for Steve, he made sure he yelled something at him after the hit. EPIC.

Of course, the hit from Kam, which was totally clean, flat out changed that game.
Great List :2thumbs:

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
LOL, yeah watching that video of Steve's hit I was cracking up when you see him jawing Harden's direction after the hit...Something SO out of character, but it was well deserved. Wouldn't you love to have heard what it was he said to him in that moment?

What I Would Like To Believe Steve Said:

"SUCK IT!"

"How's it feel little B*TCH!"

What I Believe Is More Likely What Steve Said:

"Of course I will come over for cookies and milk after! Silly question!"

"Hey Mike! Are you okay? Sorry about that!!"

:lol:

Seymour

Reaction score
No doubt in my mind it was Largents hit. The revenge factor on that hit was off the charts since Hardin put Largents light out on a cheap shot just weeks earlier. :irishdrinkers:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Largent's revenge hit will forever hold a special place in my heart..............but for sheer visceral soul stealing I just ruined a man's career and took 9 years off his life?

Not.Even.Close. This gives me shivers it's so amazing.

kamhit.gif

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Largent's hit on Harden was quite something but there is simply no better lick than the one Kam put on Vernon Davis.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And the fact that he consistently in his career was able to make these massive hits legal. Even if the idiot refs got wrong often. :roll:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":33jtszi5 said:
And the fact that he consistently in his career was able to make these massive hits legal. Even if the idiot refs got wrong often. :roll:

Kam would be ejected this year for that hit............maybe it's better than his career was cut short, he belonged in the 70's and 80's.

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1evjewin said:
Largent's revenge hit will forever hold a special place in my heart..............but for sheer visceral soul stealing I just ruined a man's career and took 9 years off his life?

Not.Even.Close. This gives me shivers it's so amazing.

kamhit.gif

Agreed, while we ultimately won that game by nearly 30 points,and the Niners had been moving the ball fairly well until that point and were knocking on the door of making the game just a 7 point game at the end of the 1st quarter. That hit/play literally sucked the life out of them and we ended up stopping them defensively and when they tried to kick a field goal, we blocked it and Sherman returned it for a TD.

Our rivalry with them effectively ended that day (they had won the previous 4 but have only won 1 game against us since.) Yes, they went on to play in the Super Bowl that year, but they were never the same against us.

drcool

Reaction score
I am always amazed how clean the Kam hit on Davis is. Kam's head isn't involved in the play at all and he doesn't make contact with Vernon's head either. It is mostly just him blasting Davis with a shoulder and forearm right in his chest. With most big hits like that there is some element of the head being involved on either side but Kam killed the guy with a textbook clean hit.

Hawksfan78

Reaction score
Davis was never the same player after that hit... He definitely gets my vote

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Davis got a concussion from that hit. And he didn't get hit in the head. I felt bad for Davis when he got up because he clearly had his clock cleaned and was having cognitive issues, but man that hit is amazing.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Another incredible hit was the one by Lockette on the punt. He just destroyed that guy.
Or Kam knocking the huge Thomas back 4 yards at the beginning of 48. That flat out set the tone for the entire game imo.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Every single one of those hits would now likely attract a flag, except Largent's.

Cam's was a clean hit but he was penalized and the league later indicated the referee was wrong. Both that hit and Hamlin's were the best slobberknockers though.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
jammerhawk":1vl8sue4 said:
Cam's was a clean hit but he was penalized and the league later indicated the referee was wrong. Both that hit and Hamlin's were the best slobberknockers though.

There has got to be a .NET Fine System for any fellow diehard that misspell Kam's name. :stirthepot:

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2judg11g said:
I remember them all vividly. The Largent one was next level imo since he had already had a cheap shot thrown his way earlier in the season. That happened in our end zone, and I just remember us all going ballistic after that hit. And in an extremely rare moment for Steve, he made sure he yelled something at him after the hit. EPIC.

Of course, the hit from Kam, which was totally clean, flat out changed that game.
Great List :2thumbs:

:ditto:

Latest posts