Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Poll: Best Hit In Team History

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

What is the best hit you have ever seen in team history?

Kam's Hit on Vernon Davis
50%
Ken Hamlin's Hit on Donte Stallworth
5%
Darryl Williams Hit on Rickey Dudley
3%
Steve Largent's Hit on Mike Harden
40%
Other (Read my comments)
2%

Total votes : 136

Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:43 am
  • Okay, let's try this again. Total brain fart for forgetting Largen't infamous hit so it's been added. I've been chatting with RastaHawk and we are talking about that Ken Hamlin hit (where the player's face looks deformed) and Kam's legendary hit on Veron Davis which got me to thinking...What do you think is the best, most devastating hit by a Seahawks defender in franchise history? Here's some options to consider...

Kam's Hit on Vernon Davis

Ken Hamlin's Hit on Donte Stallworth

Darryl Williams Hit on Rickey Dudley (Couldn't find the epic photo)

Steve Largent's Hit on Mike Harden

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Re: Poll: Best Hits In Team History
Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:46 am
  • I remember them all vividly. The Largent one was next level imo since he had already had a cheap shot thrown his way earlier in the season. That happened in our end zone, and I just remember us all going ballistic after that hit. And in an extremely rare moment for Steve, he made sure he yelled something at him after the hit. EPIC.

Of course, the hit from Kam, which was totally clean, flat out changed that game.
    Great List :2thumbs:
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:04 pm
  • LOL, yeah watching that video of Steve's hit I was cracking up when you see him jawing Harden's direction after the hit...Something SO out of character, but it was well deserved. Wouldn't you love to have heard what it was he said to him in that moment?

What I Would Like To Believe Steve Said:

"SUCK IT!"

"How's it feel little B*TCH!"

What I Believe Is More Likely What Steve Said:

"Of course I will come over for cookies and milk after! Silly question!"

"Hey Mike! Are you okay? Sorry about that!!"

:lol:

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:14 pm
  • No doubt in my mind it was Largents hit. The revenge factor on that hit was off the charts since Hardin put Largents light out on a cheap shot just weeks earlier. :irishdrinkers:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Re: Poll: Best Hit In Team History
Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:20 pm
  • Largent's revenge hit will forever hold a special place in my heart..............but for sheer visceral soul stealing I just ruined a man's career and took 9 years off his life?

Not.Even.Close. This gives me shivers it's so amazing.

If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:21 pm
  • Largent's hit on Harden was quite something but there is simply no better lick than the one Kam put on Vernon Davis.
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    SmokinHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:23 pm
  • And the fact that he consistently in his career was able to make these massive hits legal. Even if the idiot refs got wrong often. :roll:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:44 pm
  • I always remember Browner's triple hit on one play as special.
    Floridahawk79
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:49 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:And the fact that he consistently in his career was able to make these massive hits legal. Even if the idiot refs got wrong often. :roll:

Kam would be ejected this year for that hit............maybe it's better than his career was cut short, he belonged in the 70's and 80's.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:49 pm
  • Kam and it's not even close and it doesn't even have to be that specific hit from his portfolio.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:01 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Largent's revenge hit will forever hold a special place in my heart..............but for sheer visceral soul stealing I just ruined a man's career and took 9 years off his life?

Agreed, while we ultimately won that game by nearly 30 points,and the Niners had been moving the ball fairly well until that point and were knocking on the door of making the game just a 7 point game at the end of the 1st quarter. That hit/play literally sucked the life out of them and we ended up stopping them defensively and when they tried to kick a field goal, we blocked it and Sherman returned it for a TD.

Our rivalry with them effectively ended that day (they had won the previous 4 but have only won 1 game against us since.) Yes, they went on to play in the Super Bowl that year, but they were never the same against us.
    Chrome_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:33 pm
  • I am always amazed how clean the Kam hit on Davis is. Kam's head isn't involved in the play at all and he doesn't make contact with Vernon's head either. It is mostly just him blasting Davis with a shoulder and forearm right in his chest. With most big hits like that there is some element of the head being involved on either side but Kam killed the guy with a textbook clean hit.
    drcool
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:34 pm
  • Davis was never the same player after that hit... He definitely gets my vote
    Hawksfan78
    NET Rookie

Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:45 pm
  • Davis got a concussion from that hit. And he didn't get hit in the head. I felt bad for Davis when he got up because he clearly had his clock cleaned and was having cognitive issues, but man that hit is amazing.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:46 pm

Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:50 pm
  • Another incredible hit was the one by Lockette on the punt. He just destroyed that guy.
    Or Kam knocking the huge Thomas back 4 yards at the beginning of 48. That flat out set the tone for the entire game imo.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:07 pm
  • Every single one of those hits would now likely attract a flag, except Largent's.

Cam's was a clean hit but he was penalized and the league later indicated the referee was wrong. Both that hit and Hamlin's were the best slobberknockers though.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:14 pm
  • Hawkstorian wrote:Fredd Young on Dokie Williams isn't the best, but worth including in the list.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKT50RvJxLQ

John, I knew you of all people could add depth to this list. Well done my friend.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:16 pm
  • jammerhawk wrote:Cam's was a clean hit but he was penalized and the league later indicated the referee was wrong. Both that hit and Hamlin's were the best slobberknockers though.

There has got to be a .NET Fine System for any fellow diehard that misspell Kam's name. :stirthepot:

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:19 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:I remember them all vividly. The Largent one was next level imo since he had already had a cheap shot thrown his way earlier in the season. That happened in our end zone, and I just remember us all going ballistic after that hit. And in an extremely rare moment for Steve, he made sure he yelled something at him after the hit. EPIC.

Of course, the hit from Kam, which was totally clean, flat out changed that game.
    Great List :2thumbs:

:ditto:
    Proud Member of the .Net Old Farts Society
    Bigpumpkin
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:20 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Largent's revenge hit will forever hold a special place in my heart..............but for sheer visceral soul stealing I just ruined a man's career and took 9 years off his life?

This. So much this.

I chose the Darryl Williams hit because I was there, and my seats happened to be right in front of the play and I have never, ever seen that kind of violence on a football field that close to me in my entire life. When the Kam hit happened, it was in the opposite endzone from me so I never got to enjoy it in real time like I did the Williams leveling.

But yes, I couldn't agree more, the sheer "Soul stealing" aspect of that hit is quantifiably second-to-none.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:23 pm
  • I feel like Ken Hamlin isn't getting much love for his part in one of the most badass hits I have ever seen on a football field. Does anyone have video of the hit on Stallworth? It was every bit as impressive as most of these hits we are discussing.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:23 pm
  • Largent's hit for me..
    Steve is small compared to Harden and just knocked
    that dude silly.I loved it and there is nothing like it when
    you know what led to that hit by our HOF#1
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:43 pm

Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:59 pm

Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:59 pm
  • Tate was penalized on that play too.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:07 pm
  • Down Under Hawk wrote:Those are all good hits but Tates hit on sean lee should have been in the poll. That is why I had to say other. (only vote)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74pb6V-F3mQ

Total agreement. How could we forget about that awesome hit?

Also, there should have been at least one Brandon Browner hit listed to vote for.
    My favorite Brandon Browner hit was one on Wes Welker. Can't recall if it was Welker with Pats or on another team (Broncos). It wasn't SB48. I'm thinking it was a regular season game vs. Patriots. To his credit, Welker got up from the hit, but you could tell the hit registered. It wasn't as violent or impressive as the Kam on Davis hit, but it definitely set a tone for the game. Welker somehow held onto the ball. It was like Browner's hit was saying to Brady and the Pats coaching staff, "sure, you can throw your little 4 yard dink and dunks underneath, but you're going to get your receivers killed. So now, was that worth it?"

I'm sure there are other Browner hits that could quality; that's my favorite because of the message it sent and watching Welker struggle, with everything he had, to get up and try to pretend everything was normal, while the cuckoo birds were flying around his head.
    2018 Adopt-A-Rookie: Rashaad Penny
    2018 BounceBack Bet: C.J. Prosise
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:09 pm
  • Knowing the back/side story, I’ve got to go with the Largent hit.

Kam vs VD was awesome, as were many others.

#80 was just a “good guy”, and the redemption that he got with that hit has to make it the #1.

Obviously the younger/newer fans may see things different.

Golden Tate vs Shaun Lee was spectacular as well.

ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:27 pm
  • For me, its Bam-Bam vs Vernon Davis. It happened so quick and clean that it drew multiple flags. LOVE IT.
    L.O.B.
    Adopt a rookie: Tre Flowers
    raisethe3
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:33 pm
  • Hard to decide on the defensive ones, they all are a thing of beauty in their own right, Hamlins hit introduced himself to the league, Kams hit made Davis sign his contract with God, and so on. Steves hit though was one out of the twilight zone, he was Clark Kent and turned into Superman that hit, and I think set a tone of toughness going forward that many DB's never forgot, don't mess with Steve, he will knock you out. The fact he was able to get retribution for something earlier made that much sweeter.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:55 pm
  • Wow what a great poll question ! Makes you go back and check out some really cool plays from the past. I'll have to go with Kam on Davis. Not only did it change a game, but cemented Kam's reputation as a monster. Everyone HAD to look out for him then. Nobody wanted to be Vernoned.
    DeSeahawk
    NET Rookie

Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:04 pm
  • Kam on Demaryius, and it isn't close.
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:04 pm
  • Largent's hit was no doubt, not the hardest hit ever by a Seahawk, but it will always be the best hit ever by a Seahawk and my personal favorite for so many reasons.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:15 pm
  • I loved loved loved the legal hit that Kam put on Vernon Davis and took his soul.....

But..... the Largent hit is number one by a mile in my book. The story behind it, the cheap shot that Hardin put on Largent earlier in the year, and the classic “decleating” send energy down my spine everytime I see it!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:18 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Another incredible hit was the one by Lockette on the punt. He just destroyed that guy.
    Or Kam knocking the huge Thomas back 4 yards at the beginning of 48. That flat out set the tone for the entire game imo.

I agree that hit on Thomas set the tone.
    NJlargent
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:37 pm
  • Hamlin's hit was the best I have ever seen from anyone donning a hawks uniform, however, largent's hit holds a special place in my heart.
    Bevell's Bubble Busted
    bevellisthedevil
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:39 pm
  • Hawkstorian wrote:Fredd Young on Dokie Williams isn't the best, but worth including in the list.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKT50RvJxLQ
    :2thumbs:
    An oldie but goodie. That would be a penalty for launching under todays rules.
    I think Dokie only got up out of instinct. I loved Fredd with the 2 “d’s”

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:41 pm
  • NJlargent wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Another incredible hit was the one by Lockette on the punt. He just destroyed that guy.

I agree that hit on Thomas set the tone.

Yes it did. That was the Donk’s “Oh CRAP” moment!

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:42 pm
  • Golden taters vs sean lee
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:56 pm
  • my vote went for Kam, that gif is mesmerising, completely legal, soul crushing hit that really summarises how tough that defence was, and that hit will be the one that people will associate with LOB forever.

didnt see it mentioned, but I believe Browner killed Welker or Amendola at some point, really violent decleating, think it couldve been the 2012 Patriots game.

I think Earls hit on Gronk also deserves a mention just in terms of a Goliath getting gutted by a little guy
    quadsas
    NET Rookie

Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:46 pm
  • quadsas wrote:my vote went for Kam, that gif is mesmerising, completely legal, soul crushing hit that really summarises how tough that defence was, and that hit will be the one that people will associate with LOB forever.

didnt see it mentioned, but I believe Browner killed Welker or Amendola at some point, really violent decleating, think it couldve been the 2012 Patriots game.

I think Earls hit on Gronk also deserves a mention just in terms of a Goliath getting gutted by a little guy

Agree on ETIII vs Gronk.

Gronk folded up like a lawn chair.
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:37 pm
  • The hit on Gronk was great and all but didn’t ET miss some time after that?
    naholmes
    NET Starter

Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:16 pm
  • OK, here's my favorite hit. It was Kam's hit on D Thomas in the SB. It set tone for the game...IMHO.

Edit:
    By staff.
    F Bomb in video title not allowed.
    In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade.........

Paulie S.
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *

Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:34 am
  • I voted for D Williams hit on Dudley. I swear when watching the play live I thought he killed Dudley. I mean Dudley was literally dead. O

In today's NFL Williams would be sentenced to death.
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:02 am
  • I voted Kam because he is one of the best hitters to ever play. Two of my personal favorite Kam hits, not mentioned yet, when he went head on vs Mike Tolbert and knocked him backwards and my absolute favorite, when he knocked Eric Winston on his ass and still made a TFL.
    EverydayImRusselin
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:30 am
  • The hit on Ricky Dudley. And it’s not even close.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:05 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:The hit on Ricky Dudley. And it’s not even close.

I cannot find that epic still shot of the hit anywhere online, it's like it disappeared from the Web.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:57 am

• Heres a Browner hit on Welker that I mentioned
    quadsas
    NET Rookie

Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:59 am
  • naholmes wrote:The hit on Gronk was great and all but didn’t ET miss some time after that?

Gronk did, not Thomas iirc
    quadsas
    NET Rookie

Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:20 am
  • https://youtu.be/XU0SbhuPi8k

I voted for the Kam hit on Vernon Davis

The video link is an honorable mention for Brandon Browner taking out 3 Cardinals on the same play
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:41 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information